Home

Dont Look INSIDE...Im MAD AS HELL with 2K3 and your not gonna be happy!

This is a discussion on Dont Look INSIDE...Im MAD AS HELL with 2K3 and your not gonna be happy! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2002, 03:08 PM   #17
Redfield

OVR:
Re: Dont Look INSIDE...Im MAD AS HELL with 2K3 and your not gonna be happy!

In reply to:

Was this the same Aiverson, that bashed, flamed and repeated himself about the flaws with WSB for like 2 months straight?

I think it is bk. He sounds familar.

Old 08-19-2002, 03:09 PM   #18
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

In reply to:

86% who voted said yes...I guess you make up the 14% that said no...enjoy Madden..the rest of us will be advancing on NFL 2k3

It's no secret that most Madden fans post at Maddenmania, so each and every poll on this board is going to lean towards 2K, I like both games however, but I do agree in my opinion Madden is better, I am somewhat disappointed in 2K this year in certain areas (some mentioned), but I do understand that it is a different game and I refuse to compare it side by side by Madden, because I know I am automatically biased in certain areas, it is funny that these games are considered "competition" but in all honesty Madden always outsells 2K by a landslide. But the reason I like coming here to OS is that even though we have differences in our football game tastes, we all (most of us) get along and respect each others opinions, when 2K ballers complain of the faults of Madden I try to listen in an unbiased way, because some are valid faults, and vice versa with 2K. At any rate just because I am disappointed in 2K and Madden this year in some areas, I realize they are the 2 best football games out there and they are money well spent if you like the NFL.

But bashing another game just to bash it gets old, some people need to get a life.

[Yoda Voice]Remember that being a critic makes you a critical person, being a critical person willl make you have a negative attitude, having a negative attitude wont help you get a g/f. Not having a g/f means getting none.[/Yoda Voice]

Old 08-19-2002, 03:12 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

The difference between Erod's posts and this one is AI has obviously played the game and listed things he has a problem with. And I wouldn't say you suck but if you do care, have to realize that it's a different style than madden and takes adjusting to.

1. the buttons...don't know what to say about that. it doesn't bother me too much but it's a valid complaint. but if you've only got an xbox i'll take an online game over one that's got easier button response any day.

2. no variation b/c there's no side arm? I don't understand this one. as for the accuracy your passes are less accurate if you throw on the run and that's VERY clear. if you're set, the passes are pretty accurate but you can see the effects of weather and wind in deep passes. I think many will agree that max passing brings a great advantage to the passing game and your accuracy there is completely up to your skills so when including max passing i'd have to say the accuracy is completely up to human control which is great.

3. seeing the offensive plays before the snap is good for practice but it's a death wish if you're playing against a human. i don't think it was meant to be used as more than a practice tool. your complaints with not seeing the d seem to be related to actual game play and not practice so i wouldn't consider this a problem. the idea is to know where you're supposed to be going before you step out of the huddle. again, if you keep playing this game, you'll be more familiar with the plays you call and won't need this "training wheel" feature.

4. the motion thing is another valid gripe by madden faithful. from my experience with madden, the motion feature is almost necessary to have a solid ground attack where it's not in the 2k series so i don't have a problem with the way they handle motion, but i can understand this one.

5. there are plenty of play action pass plays... the playbooks include every play the team used last year so unless you have a team that just didn't run 'em they're there. look for any play that starts 1xx (example 122, 152, etc). the 1 means it's play action and the following numbers tell you which run play it's faking.

6. most people suck at tackling if they're used to madden or new to the game (the rest still aren't great after a week). the CPU is an expert at powering up and using the special moves so unless you're a top defensive player you need to line the guy up to bring him down alone. If you watch an NFL game, most dbs or weak LBs aren't bringing anyone down without help either.

7. can't comment on player progression. don't know about it being there before or if it is or isn't there now.

8. ball physics don't seem bad at all to me. I do see a glitch where if you kick away and behind a returner and the ball stays inbounds sometimes they won't even go pick it up but that's it. i've seen plenty of fumbles too, and the way the players dive on them is a huge improvement over 2k2 when they used the jedi mind trick to get it up into their arms.

9. i've sacked the cpu a couple of times but after a week of trying to master the game it's just not going to happen much. against the cpu you're going to get mostly coverage sacks b/c they always find the open receiver, see the other post i posted in, don't want to make this one longer than it already is.

Better than madden? In my opinion, definitely...and I think it'll be clear when it goes online. But they're both great games and I can see why people used to the madden controls and dynamics would just stick with what they know.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:13 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well put. . . .5 stars. I have said before that i just dont like 2k3 after playing it compared to madden but almost all of my stuff beefs are franchise related. They are two different types of games and madden is more what i am looking for. That does not make 2k3 bad. If anyone does not like 2k3 then why not play madden and vice versa. It is not the end of the world if you dont feel the same way about a game as everybody else.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:14 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Iverson, no one is bashing you for not liking the game. But more for starting a whole new thread, with the exact same things complained about in every other 2k3 thread. Plus if I remember correctly you have a history of starting a ton of threads, all about the same flaws, quirks in a game (WSB)..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2002, 03:16 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Personally, i think NFL2K3 stinks... bad. Ive had both for about a week (cant find my damn reciept for 2k3) and after playing I really dont understand how people like this game. The slowdown, bad control, bad commentary, not being able to challenge calls, the play calling screen, etc. Its just all adds up. Also people who say its "ultra realistic" crack me up. How much do you know about football? Look at the names of some of the coverages, then look at the play. More often that not, they are not doing what the play is really called as far as coverage goes. Dont get me wrong madden does the same thing, but not even close to as often. To each his own, and all that matters is that you enjoy the game, im stuck with NFL2K3 unless i find my reciept so hopefully i can learn to like it.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:21 PM   #23
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

wwharton,

I have listed them before, and gotten lambasted here for it. I do not lean Madden like I'm characterized, and I have played more than 20 full games of NFL2K3, thinking I'd warm to it.

I have some issues with Madden, too, some even serious. I think EA needs to work further on the human-controlled defensive line play and thicken their playbooks. I also think that they should have beefed up the player models last offseason, and paid better attention to player ratings.

But Madden outplays NFL2K3 easily in my opinion. I just don't have the energy yet to list NFL2K3's many problems, then take the charge from this extremely pro-NFL2K3 forum.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:22 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Bash me all you like...no one's complaining about that...I'm THE Idiot remember??

As far as posting something that has already been posted....sorry, I jsut dont have the time to sift thru the 10 new pages a day that get created on this site and jot down notes to tally up what has been and hasnt been covered in the gripes or impressions department. If you can forgive me on that...i think we'll get along fine....I'm actually a pretty cool guy ...and witty, not to mention extremely sweet smelling.

But you have to give me a chance to spread my wings at times and breath a little.,...if not, I get cranky.

Anyways, back to 2K, Maybe I will start to like it....but I just am finding lots of annoying things with it and to say it plays a football game as deep or as intelligent as Madden, baffles me a bit from what i have seen but maybe I just havent seen or played enough of this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »