Home

Dont Look INSIDE...Im MAD AS HELL with 2K3 and your not gonna be happy!

This is a discussion on Dont Look INSIDE...Im MAD AS HELL with 2K3 and your not gonna be happy! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2002, 03:47 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Dont Look INSIDE...Im MAD AS HELL with 2K3 and your not gonna be happy!

It's no secret that most Madden fans post at Maddenmania, so each and every poll on this board is going to lean towards 2K, I like both games however, but I do agree in my opinion Madden is better, I am somewhat disappointed

Maddenman...that comment is rediculous...Maddenmania is the madden site...2kmania is the NFL 2k3 site and Operation Sports is the nuetral site...that means that all polls on this site have merit because this site does not proclaim to have bias towards one or the other....check out the Football Champ poll...its almost 50/50 with a slight edge to NFL 2k3...its just a better game...simple as that.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:51 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

I cant' call madden all that realistic either, i like it, but in everygame there will be inconsistancies. I won a game on madden where me controlling jeff gracia bowled over a pittsburg LB at the goal line. HOw realistic is that? A small qb bowling over a big LB at the goal line? Ya i was happy I won but i was laughing my *** off for the next 3 days. I like both games, I just like nfl2k3 better. Now that doesn't mean madden sucks, I think some need a lesson in logic on these boards. Why does one have to 'suck' and the other be 'great', maybe to justify some people's purchases?
Old 08-19-2002, 03:51 PM   #35
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Alright, bkrich, let's discuss this. First off, you and I had no problem whatsoever until recently, so let's just slow down a bit. Let me explain myself.

What irks me, bk, is that I fear Sega reads their positive clippings and will continue on this path. What I want is for VC to go toe-to-toe with EA in a race to develop the best simulation of NFL football, not a high energy exagerration of the NFL, albeit beautifully modeled and extremely well-presented.

I'm not one that loves to play videogames. I love sports, and well-done simulations of them are a real guilty pleasure to me. I especially love the NFL, and I what I like is a game that best simulates what I watch on Sundays.

I do understand that there are plenty of gamers who like all kinds of games, and spend a lot of time playing videogames. They build up a dexterity that, in time, is hard for developers to beat. I know that the more involved their thumbs are in a game, the better to them, and I understand that NFL2K3 would appeal to them more than Madden, which is more about NFL pace, decision-making and results than the dexterity of the human controlling the game.

I want a developer to truly challenge Madden's sales. And I believe that a truly sim-based NFL game that is better than EA's will get noticed and force the issue. We'll drive the bus for a game like that, and in short time, it'll get it's due pub and due recognition at the cash register.

That, and only that, will put EA into overdrive. Not that they do poorly, but when no one is after your niche, then why overexert yourself.

Quite honestly, bk, I think that last year's Madden is better than NFL2K3, and I hate that. And VC seems content to be like Pepsi, settling in at No. 2 without really challenging Coke for the top spot.

If you'd like, I'll list my beefs with NFL2K3, but I think you know them because I think you have the same ones. They probably just bug me more than you.

Truce.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2002, 03:51 PM   #36
Rookie

Polls are tricky. You actually said 2k3 was ultra realist and used your poll to support that claim. However your question dealt w/ who liked which one better. They are 2 different games one is more realisic than the other but i think if you polled that you would get a different or atleast much closer answer.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:54 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

'What irks me, bk, is that I fear Sega reads their positive clippings and will continue on this path.'

I hope they continue on this path because it's a really challangeing game. What I would be irked by is Sega listening to the whiners who don't understand that this isnt madden and next year make nfl2k4 easy as hell. No wonder EA has that 'easy' mode, this way they please the lazy asses who don't want to learn their football game.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:54 PM   #38
Rookie

Now that truly makes sense erod. That is exactly what i am looking for.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:56 PM   #39
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

siam, did you ever think that the "Easy" mode might be for the 6-year-old trying to play with his big brother?
Old 08-19-2002, 03:56 PM   #40
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18

"Some of you fanboys of either game need to get out some and enjoy life. When you finally realize both games bring something different to the football genre, maybe you can be taken seriuosly, until then all this Sega vs EA crap is really getting old."

Perfectly said MizzouRah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »