Home

Week 8: Carolina Panthers(1-5) @ Chicago Bears(5-1)

This is a discussion on Week 8: Carolina Panthers(1-5) @ Chicago Bears(5-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #121
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Week 8: Carolina Panthers(1-5) @ Chicago Bears(5-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
It would be interesting to see the numbers on that. I am too lazy too look though.

I'm out going too blow some money shopping to take my mind off what I just saw. Peace.
2011 Panthers
Wk 1, 28-21 loss to Arizona, Arizona outscores Carolina 14-0 in the 4th, including a Peterson punt return for a TD with 7:00 to go, Panthers fall 1 yard short of converting a 4th down inside Arizona's 10 yard line

Wk 2, 30-23 loss to GB, GB outscores Carolina 23-10 in 2nd half

Wk 3, 16-10 W over JAX

Wk 4, 34-29 loss to Chicago, Panthers give up 2 non-offensive TDs and had the lead in the 4th but couldn't hold it.

Wk 5, 30-27 loss to NO, another 4 quarter lead, another late loss with NO scoring a TD with :50 left to win.

Wk 6, 31-17 loss to ATL, Carolina held a 17-14 lead in the 4th

Wk 7, 33-20 W over WAS

Wk 8, 24-21 loss to MIN, Carolina held a 21-14 lead in the 2nd half, Mare missed a chip shot to tie the game with :30 left.

So.. yeah, same story, different chapter.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #122
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The mark of a good team is the ability to win games even when you don''t have your "A' game that day.
I agree. I just find it funny that just because a team has a better record they're supposed to blow the other team out. We're talking about the NFL so they're all pros out there trying to win.

I mean what the heck is not a good win?

This happens in the college football forum as well and I'll never understand it.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 10-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #123
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_DG
You say that, but that doesn't change the fact that the Bears should have beaten a team as bad as the Panthers soundly. Be glad the Bears won, but to call it a "good win"? No sorry, it wasn't a good win at all, it was a win that should make you realize you need to go back to work. A good win would be what TB (a team who is worse than the Bears) did to MN on the road (a team who is better than the Panthers)....
Bears played like absolute garbage for 3 1/2 quarters. But we got the win and we're 6-1. Hell, GB barely snuck by Jacksonville at home. It's the NFL, you take any W you can.

Like Cutler said in the post game. We didn't execute and we played like crap. It's time to get back to work and concentrate on Tennessee.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 10-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #124
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

A win is a win, end of story. This isn't college football, when you have to worry about garbage like "style points."
Old 10-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
A win is a win, end of story. This isn't college football, when you have to worry about garbage like "style points."
Yep. It took a field goal as time expired for Atlanta to beat Carolina, too, and they're the only undefeated team in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #126
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

6-1 is all that matters after this, there is no such thing as an "ugly win" in the NFL.

Carolina had a great game plan in this game. Steve Smith always kills the Bears' cover 2 because he is a great route runner who has a high football IQ. Kudos to the Panthers for continuously attacking the weak Bears safeties. Although the cover 2 doesn't demand that the safeties are stars, they still have to be in the correct position at all times. A few times they weren't, and Carolina burned them. Although Carolina was able to gain yards with the passing game between the 20's, the Bears again proved that you fight for every inch in the red zone to score a TD. Once the field is shortened, and the space between the safeties and corners is eliminated, it's awfully tough to score a TD against this defense.

Getting a win when you're not on your game is huge in this league. Carolina banked on the Bears offense not being able to move consistently in the wind with the short kicks and it worked. It's puzzling that they did not switch something up while Cutler and Marshall played pitch and catch on the slant and skinny post on the last drive. It's great to finally have a go-to guy like that who has rapport with Cutler in situations like that. They basically said "let's do this til they stop it". As for the defensive TD, it's good to be lucky sometimes. After all that yapping Steve Smith was doing during the game, it was great that his slip turned the game around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »