Home

NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
To be fair, with a few exceptions, just about every franchise in every sport has a large number of fairweather fans. I don't think of Seattle, or San Francisco for that matter, being any better or worse than the average in that regard.

I can definitely attest to this, especially with the Chicago Blackhawks. You couldn't find these "fans" in '07/'08, but now it's impossible to get a ticket. Drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #82
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seah

Both defenses do alot more **** talking than they need to and I don't like either coach but Russell Wilson is a true professional while Kaepernick carries himself like an immature ahole.

That's why I'll be rooting for the Seahawks and I have relatives that are obnoxious Niners fans.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #83
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
On the flipside, last time I checked...money was still green, regardless of if it came from the state of Washington or the state of California. Like kehlis said, there's no benefit to doing that.
There is a benefit. It helps curb the amount of people who will simply buy tickets from anywhere in the US and throw them on Craigslist or one of the secondary markets for three times the value. There's going to be enough of that with Seahawk season ticket holders reselling their tickets. Most people buying tickets will be Seahawks fans that will actually attend.

The marketplace is going to be flooded with hundreds if not thousands of tickets and I can guarantee quite a few will be out-of-state ticket brokers and shady ticket scaplers. The Seahawks want to make sure there aren't a ton of secondary market tickets out there because that creates headaches both in the box office and from a customer service perspective. I've worked in Ticket Ops in pro sports for the last 6 years and this stuff happens all the time. Little Timmy and his family drive 200 miles to Seattle, get a hotel room, etc. after buying fraudulent tickets and it's not their fault they were idiots, it's the Seahawks fault to them. It's a total logistical nightmare and through no fault the Seahawks, it's a bad experience for a fan that stays with them. It happens more than people think.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #84

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
There is a benefit. It helps curb the amount of people who will simply buy tickets from anywhere in the US and throw them on Craigslist or one of the secondary markets for three times the value. There's going to be enough of that with Seahawk season ticket holders reselling their tickets. Most people buying tickets will be Seahawks fans that will actually attend.
And most of those people who buy the craigslist tickets at 3x face value will also be Seahawk fans who will actually attend. I don't understand your point.

Don't see why the team would care how much the ticket is resold for versus what they sold it for, it's going to happen one way or the other.

Quote:
The marketplace is going to be flooded with hundreds if not thousands of tickets and I can guarantee quite a few will be out-of-state ticket brokers and shady ticket scaplers. The Seahawks want to make sure there aren't a ton of secondary market tickets out there because that creates headaches both in the box office and from a customer service perspective. I've worked in Ticket Ops in pro sports for the last 6 years and this stuff happens all the time. Little Timmy and his family drive 200 miles to Seattle, get a hotel room, etc. after buying fraudulent tickets and it's not their fault they were idiots, it's the Seahawks fault to them. It's a total logistical nightmare and through no fault the Seahawks, it's a bad experience for a fan that stays with them. It happens more than people think.
Happens everywhere, happened here with Pirate tickets for the playoffs, it's unavoidable and restricting sales to one state doesn't alleviate it.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #85
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
And most of those people who buy the craigslist tickets at 3x face value will also be Seahawk fans who will actually attend. I don't understand your point.

Don't see why the team would care how much the ticket is resold for versus what they sold it for, it's going to happen one way or the other.

Happens everywhere, happened here with Pirate tickets for the playoffs, it's unavoidable and restricting sales to one state doesn't alleviate it.
The "three times" value comment was just me throwing out a number. You're right, the Seahawks don't care how much they bought them for. They do care though when many of their eligible tickets are being purchased by out-of-region buyers who most likely will simply turn around and resell them. When you have non-Seahawks/Niners fans buying tickets to just re-sell, it just opens up potential issues from a ticketing and customer service perspective. That's why they eliminated the regions outside of the Northwest (I use the same software as Seahawks and Alaska/Hawaii are considered one sellable option, hence the reason Hawaii is included over Cali).

They aren't restricting sales to one state, they're restricting sales to only six states and eliminating the other 44.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
The "three times" value comment was just me throwing out a number. You're right, the Seahawks don't care how much they bought them for. They do care though when many of their eligible tickets are being purchased by out-of-region buyers who most likely will simply turn around and resell them. When you have non-Seahawks/Niners fans buying tickets to just re-sell, it just opens up potential issues from a ticketing and customer service perspective. That's why they eliminated the regions outside of the Northwest (I use the same software as Seahawks and Alaska/Hawaii are considered one sellable option, hence the reason Hawaii is included over Cali).

They aren't restricting sales to one state, they're restricting sales to only six states and eliminating the other 44.
It's actually a low number. My brother has amazing seats. He owns four tickets and has been a season ticket holder since CenturyLink opened. The face value on the seats is a hair over $400, and he sold the MNF game against the Packers last year for $1,800 on an auction site because he couldn't make it to the game. It's insane what these tickets fetch. Another buddy also has four seats and just sold them for $1K a piece.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #87
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

^^Which doesn't seem fair of other Seahawks fans from outside the region, which I'm sure there are.

I said earlier, I don't have any issues with the idea, as other teams do it, but that doesn't mean I feel it's fair.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #88
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
It's actually a low number. My brother has amazing seats. He owns four tickets and has been a season ticket holder since CenturyLink opened. The face value on the seats is a hair over $400, and he sold the MNF game against the Packers last year for $1,800 on an auction site because he couldn't make it to the game. It's insane what these tickets fetch. Another buddy also has four seats and just sold them for $1K a piece.
Yeah they are going for ridiculous prices. My buddy has four aisle seats right above the tunnel where the Seahawks come out and some dude offered him $20k for his season tickets and to take over the account permanently. He turned it down cause he's making a profit on his tickets every year while still being able to sit in amazing seats whenever he wants.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »