Home

NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #105
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seah

Wow, I was joking.

SMDH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #106
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
The "three times" value comment was just me throwing out a number. You're right, the Seahawks don't care how much they bought them for. They do care though when many of their eligible tickets are being purchased by out-of-region buyers who most likely will simply turn around and resell them. When you have non-Seahawks/Niners fans buying tickets to just re-sell, it just opens up potential issues from a ticketing and customer service perspective. That's why they eliminated the regions outside of the Northwest (I use the same software as Seahawks and Alaska/Hawaii are considered one sellable option, hence the reason Hawaii is included over Cali).

They aren't restricting sales to one state, they're restricting sales to only six states and eliminating the other 44.
Sorry to bring it back to this dang ticket conversation again. Just wanted to quickly point out that it looks like you're right:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...OG06/140119554

Quote:
Because the Seahawks have a rather healthy season ticket base, very few tickets were available to the public, roughly 3,000. So no matter how tickets were or weren't restricted, they were going to go fast. But two weeks ago, what the Seahawks discovered was that the bulk of the tickets they put on sale for their game against New Orleans were snatched up by ticket brokers, particularly those located in New York, New Jersey, Nevada and, you guessed it, California.

The National Association of Ticket Brokers lists just three members in all the states/provinces that were allowed to purchase Seahawks tickets, all of which were in B.C.

Those states the Seahawks were trying to avoid? California has 31 NATB members, New York and New Jersey claim 10 each, and Nevada has six.

There is a ton of demand for Seahawks tickets, and the team would just as soon have its fans get them than a ticket broker who is going to turn around and sell them to their fans for a healthy profit.

So no, the Seahawks weren't worried about 49ers fans snatching up a few hundred tickets; they were just trying to ensure that as many tickets as possible went to fans at face value.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
They called it one, but it was actually a clean hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Yeah, Chancellor got flagged for it although it wasn't helmet to helmet.
Flags like that one just make me sad. Gotta do better refs.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #108
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
What I find hilariously contradictory is that I've seen the NFL use that hit so many times in various promotional videos.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #109
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
In his defense that was a vicious hit that saw Vernons head snap back pretty hard. Tough for the ref not to throw the flag even if it was right in front of him. At least the call didn't change the outcome of the game. Can't believe Kam generated that much force without completely laying out his body. That was the most unfortunate thing about it. Almost seemed like he was trying to make clean and legal hit. Basically gave him two forearms to the chest. I'm sure we'll see a few of those Sunday.

Can't believe it's only Tuesday
Old 01-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #110
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Agreed, but I'll concede that was a perfect example of a 'boom-boom' play that happens so fast on the field, especially with the way his head snapped back from the force of impact. It was the wrong call but I understand the flag in that case.

When I saw it happen live, I jumped off my couch because that was the biggest hit I'd seen in quite awhile. Just wrecked the dude. He wasn't right the rest of the game after that.

EDIT: LOL, The Wise One and I were on the same track at the same time on this.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #111
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I don't think it's the refs fault. I think its the NFL telling them how to call the game so things are safer for football players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 32

Hey guys, I am going to insert a shameless plug here. I wrote about being a part of the 12th Man and some brief thoughts on the NFC Championship Game. I'd appreciate you guys checking it out. I'm trying to pursue a writing gig and could use all the opinions, feedback, and constructive criticism that I can get.

Do me a solid and please check it out.

Thoughts from a 12 and the NFC Championship Game

(Mods, I received permission from Steve to post this - thanks)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »