Home

NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #49
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seah

Thanks kehlis, SPTO and Terry for clarifying your positions, and not indicting the 12th Man as a whole. Show me any pro team, I'll show you some crazies in that fan base that will make it look bad. A noisy minority can have a big ripple effect (and I'll go no further with this comment for TOS).

Also keep in mind some of the most obnoxious fans are likely fresh on the bandwagon with axes to grind against our opponent...or just *******s.

From my own point of view (and Terry and I have talked about this last year), I have been onboard with the Seahawks since the beginning of the franchise. As Terry pointed out, not just a team but a whole city can be championship starved for years, and in our case, decades.

IMO, the Seahawks have never been this good as they are this season. Some of us old timers have some extra anxiety because, while our window is wide open for years to come now, we know we'll have to let a lot of pieces go in the offseason for cap reasons and other reasons. So I feel this is as good as we'll be for a couple of years in all phases; yes, our O might improve next year, but the D might lose some important guys, for example).

I believe in John and Pete's ability to find bargains in the draft (and out of it) and keep us extremely competitive for some time, but this year, things just seem to have aligned for a SB win. Even this rematch Sunday seems a big part of validating our success this season against our toughest opponent.

I feel good that we will deliver our best shot Sunday, and as long as they leave it all on the field I can live with the result. But I'm lying if I sit here and say I won't be doing the dancing bear through my house and raising the roof if we win and advance!

GO SEATTLE! Let's do this thing!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 01-13-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #50

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Thanks kehlis, SPTO and Terry for clarifying your positions, and not indicting the 12th Man as a whole. Show me any pro team, I'll show you some crazies in that fan base that will make it look bad. A noisy minority can have a big ripple effect (and I'll go no further with this comment for TOS).
No doubt!!!

Good luck sir, I know how long you guys have waited for this!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #51
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No doubt!!!

Good luck sir, I know how long you guys have waited for this!
That is much appreciated, thank you, sir!

Should be one helluva show.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Damn, stop taking it so personal.

You're not a tough bunch to get along with. You, jwill, dan, that guy with the weird name I can't even remember, great guys and great fans.

Roadman stole my thunder, but I'll say it because it bears repeating.

I went to a college to play baseball, we were perennial losers, they won something like 9 games the season before I got there and something like 11 games my freshman year.

My senior year, we were a win away from the CWS. The best lesson I ever learned was to act like we'd been there before.

But certainly enjoy it, revel in it. But don't be surprised when other's get annoyed by Seahawks fans in general. It's not a big deal and it is what it is.
You're right, man. I wrote what I wrote with my tongue in my cheek, but I can see how it came across that way.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:57 PM   #53
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Seattle is even obnoxious about their tickets. My god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
Keep grinding that axe.

What they're doing is smart. If the roles were reversed and this game was being played at Candlestick I'd feel the same way. The Seahawks are maximizing their chances for success and it's allowed.

Bottom line? Taking care of business during the regular season and securing the #1 seed in the conference is nice. If people want to complain, that's their right... But at the end of the day, Seattle took care of business all season long and put themselves in this position.

Most 49ers fans I know aren't complaining a bit, because they know if the shoe was on the other foot, they wouldn't complain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Wow at that ticket policy....Talk about taking things over the edge when it comes to home field advantage. I really like the team plays but some of the antics of the fanbase makes me cringe.

I think this could be a very close game but I see the home field advantage being huge and Seattle edging out San Fran.
People are acting like the Seahawks organization is actively restricting just California from purchasing tickets. Many teams have done this before.

The organization of course wants to make sure that only Pacific Northwest people purchase tickets. They don't want a bunch of schmucks from other states purchasing them and then selling them for 4x the price on the secondary markets. They're trying to limit that as much as possible, because they know that quite a few Seahawk season ticket holders will most likely be doing the same.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #54
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Couldn't really care less about the ticket thing. Sure, it sucks, but if you want to get tickets and you're from California or wherever, you can find a way.

My annoyance with Seahawks fans is that all of it feels completely inorganic. It comes off as trying too hard, like it's marketed and coordinated. "We're so loud! We're louder than you! Listen to our stadium! We cause earthquakes!"

Like okay, we get it.

The Seahawks have an awesome team but it's almost as if people are more focused on the gimmick of the "12th Man" thing more than the team itself.

That's the majority of the problem I have with Seattle at the moment. That and Pete Carroll.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

The ticket thing - and this has nothing to do with the Seahawks - just seems like a slippery slope. If you're allowed to prohibit certain states from buying tickets to an event, I would think that could have political consequences.

As far as the game, it's much ado about nothing. It's not like if they sell in California the stadium is suddenly going to be 50/50 on Sunday. The Seahawks are going to have a nice home-field edge regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #56
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah and with the tickets, there's so few of them available to non-season ticket holders that most Seahawks fans failed this morning to get them. Sold out within a few minutes and most of the tickets available were scattered singles. Very few people even had a chance.

EDIT: So apparently, what happened is that they actually held some tickets and sold some remaining tickets to people already on the waiting list for season tickets. That makes sense.

Last edited by thaima1shu; 01-13-2014 at 03:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »