Home

2018 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2018 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 01:09 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2018 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Anyone remember Alex Smith to Davis to beat the Saints with 14 seconds left?? yes he can win in playoff games should have been in the Super Bowl if Williams knew how to catch a punt against the Giants too.
And now Smith is reunited with Davis in Washington.

Smith’s problems were poor coaching at the start of his career and being drafted No. 1 in a draft with Aaron Rodgers. Smith has never been a franchise QB but he’s better than he gets credit for.

And he never complained when he lost his job to Kap during the Super Bowl run. He was playing the best ball of his career that year too.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:54 AM   #50
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Cousins has said in the past that he would put big money on back burning to help win a Super Bowl. Now I don’t know if he was referencing a hometown discount or if he ever hit the free agent market.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
He’s mentioned that a few times throughout the year and most recently at the Super Bowl but it was in reference to hitting FA. Now whether he holds that part up remains to be seen.

He wanted to be in DC but with his issues with the team, he’s been ready to leave. Probably why we never heard him make a fuss about getting tagged in back to back years.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:15 PM   #51
Pro

Themayorofawsometown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Starts with New ends with York.

I wouldn’t go there if I was Cousins when there’s infinitely more appealing options on the table. Even if that meant passing up a little dough. He hasn’t won ****, but he’s made like 45 mil the last two years. Time to up the wins... and probably still get paid just as handsomely as he had been the last two years.
The jets have the cap space and draft position to bring in plenty of talent plus a good receiving crew of Robby, Quincy and kearse. They are in a position similar to the jags a few years ago now they need to find their versions of Bouye in free agency and Leonard Fornett in the draft

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 08:09 AM   #52
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Sources: Shazier rehab progresses to walking.

http://es.pn/2DZhbPg
Old 02-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #53
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...g-kirk-cousins

"Adam Schefter is reporting that, despite the*Alex Smith*trade, the Redskins are still*contemplating placing the franchise tag*on Cousins again in the hopes that they can trade him to recoup some of the losses from the Smith deal."

This would be Browns level of idiocy if the do this, lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 02-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #54

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5

"Adam Schefter is reporting that, despite the*Alex Smith*trade, the Redskins are still*contemplating placing the franchise tag*on Cousins again in the hopes that they can trade him to recoup some of the losses from the Smith deal."

Why? It certainly comes with it's risks but there are plenty of teams who need a QB who have shown interest. This makes the most sense at this point.

If you want to take about how they have handled the situation up to this point that's another question.

The few risks include Cousins being able to tell a team he wouldn't be willing to sign a long term deal with them thus diminishing his return with that team or the Redskins not getting a deal done in time and having to cut him so he doesn't hit their cap because they then wouldn't get a comp pick in return.

There's little to no chance another team wouldn't make a deal for him, there's almost zero chance he wouldn't sign the franchise.

I think given the way this has played out they kind of have to try this.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #55
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5

From the Post:

Quote:
By tagging Cousins, who is expected to be the most coveted quarterback in free agency, the Redskins would prevent him from hitting the open market when the new league year opens on March 14. But Washington wouldn’t be able to trade Cousins until he signs the franchise tag, and therein lies the rub.

[Redskins fans furious after Joe Jacoby’s latest Hall of Fame snub]

Cousins could slow-play the entire process because until he signs the tag, he can’t be traded and the $34.5 million will be on the Redskins’ books. That means the organization won’t be able to spend at all in free agency and improve the roster before the April NFL draft.

The team went 7-9 in Jay Gruden’s fourth year as head coach.

Several quarterback-needy teams are expected to make a run at Cousins if he becomes a true unrestricted free agent, including the New York Jets, Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals. But if the Redskins tag Cousins, the quarterback could drag out the signing process to gauge the market. Unless potential trade partners view his value at the franchise tag amount, Cousins ultimately could say he’s unwilling to sign a long-term deal, a maneuver would significantly hamstring the Redskins’ attempt to trade him and secure a top draft pick as compensation.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rade-scenario/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2018, 02:05 AM   #56
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

So Josh McDaniels is not taking the Colts job and is staying as the OC in NE. What a douche.

I hope he never gets another HC interview.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »