Home

Three Teams On the Move?

This is a discussion on Three Teams On the Move? within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #9
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Three Teams On the Move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995
It would be cool to see how does the people in Seattle or in Kansas follow hockey.
The problem with Seattle is that they don't have an arena that could work for hockey, so it would take a couple years for a team to move here. Hockey's pretty popular up here, we have a couple junior teams that people follow, I live in Spokane which is close to Seattle, and I think that a team in Seattle would be a success in attendance the first few years.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 03-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm not sure I trust these rumors because after all, they're rumors. But if they are at all true, at least 2 of those teams should be coming to Canada. 1 to Winnipeg and 1 to Hamilton or Quebec City.

I don't know about Kansas City but I think Seattle would be a good hockey market. They always seem to have loyal fanbases for their teams and since they lost the Sonics, an NHL team could maybe take their place.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #11
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I'm not sure I trust these rumors because after all, they're rumors. But if they are at all true, at least 2 of those teams should be coming to Canada. 1 to Winnipeg and 1 to Hamilton or Quebec City.

I don't know about Kansas City but I think Seattle would be a good hockey market. They always seem to have loyal fanbases for their teams and since they lost the Sonics, an NHL team could maybe take their place.
I'm with you. They're rumors. I'm sure we had rumors at some point that said there'd be a team in Winnipeg by now. Also, I'm in agreement that Seattle should get a team. They got hosed out of their NBA team, and I think an NHL team would definitely catch on there. Plus, how many people are fans of the Canucks up there because of the close proximity? Give them a US team, from their city/state, and I bet many of those Canucks fans become Seattle fans or at least go to a game or two a year. I really think that could be a hotbed for hockey.

Not sure about Kansas City. Would it really be much better then a city like Atlanta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold

Great point!

I'm still not believing most of the trite that's written on this subject.
I highly doubt Bettman will allow 1 team to move let alone 3.

But if one is to move, I hope whichever city that receives it treats it well and appreciates it.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:23 AM   #13
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

I doubt the Predators move next year. Attendance is up and they are jacking up ticket prices again... even though we've already got the highest ticket prices in our division.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
I doubt the Predators move next year. Attendance is up and they are jacking up ticket prices again... even though we've already got the highest ticket prices in our division.
They definitely won't be moving for 2 more seasons.
The team just gave up their right to move for 2 years after agreeing to a new lease deal.
I'll try to dig up the details.

EDIT: Found it -
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...WS01/100312019

Quote:
The Nashville Predators will play hockey here for at least two more years thanks to an agreement reached today between the team’s ownership group and the Metro Sports Authority, which serves as the city’s landlord at Bridgestone Arena.

Last edited by Money99; 03-25-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #15
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

If Seattle ever got a new arena, they deserve a NHL team. The Seattle ESPN radio station took a poll a few months ago whether the listeners wanted a NBA or NHL team, and NHL won by a landslide. Seattle has a long history of teams in the WHL, major corporate sponsors in the area, average household income is above average, and is within a reasonable driving distance from Vancouver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 02:20 AM   #16
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
If Seattle ever got a new arena, they deserve a NHL team. The Seattle ESPN radio station took a poll a few months ago whether the listeners wanted a NBA or NHL team, and NHL won by a landslide. Seattle has a long history of teams in the WHL, major corporate sponsors in the area, average household income is above average, and is within a reasonable driving distance from Vancouver.
If a team were to move up here, all the bitter Sonics fans would probably use a new NHL team as a substitute, not to mention the fans of the WHL teams in the area would also likely go to games. They would have a natural rivalry with Vancouver. And the NHL almost gave Seattle an expansion team in the late 70's I believe, but they backed out because the current expansion teams at the time were struggling. And Seattle had the first American Hockey team to win a Stanley Cup. So there's history up here to.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »