Home

Differences in crowds at different arenas

This is a discussion on Differences in crowds at different arenas within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #25
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: Differences in crowds at different arenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty12345
What more do you guys want? Someone to go streaking on the ice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #26
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Well I was at both Game 1 and Game 2, and i dont know what the heck you guys are talking about. I've been a fan for this team since i can remember. I guess its different when youre at the game then watching the game on tv. Whenever the coyotes got the puch, the crowd would stand up. Got kinda annoying. I just wanted to watch the game. Every hit they cheered loud and stood up. What more do you guys want? Someone to go streaking on the ice?
Wait, people are actually taking the bait on this thread?

Coyotes sold out both playoff games, and it seemed just as loud there as any of the other arenas. I guess the OP accomplished what he was trying to do
Old 04-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 20

The problem I have with Coyotes fans is during the regular they were dead last in attendance and didn't come close to selling out on most nights. Now all of sudden the building is packed to start the playoffs. That strikes me as the definition of being bandwagon fans to me. I realize there are some Coyotes fans who have been supporting the team the whole season, but the a large majority haven't been and now they want to jump on the bandwagon.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
The problem I have with Coyotes fans is during the regular they were dead last in attendance and didn't come close to selling out on most nights. Now all of sudden the building is packed to start the playoffs. That strikes me as the definition of being bandwagon fans to me. I realize there are some Coyotes fans who have been supporting the team the whole season, but the a large majority haven't been and now they want to jump on the bandwagon.
This is going to happen in ANY city. Detroit sucked for a while too and wasn't selling out, now they're one of the best fanbases in all of hockey.

If hockey is going to survive in non-traditional markets, it needs bandwagon fans...the idea is that if/when the team is bad again, a solid number will stay on because they learned to love the game or were finally exposed to it.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #29
Pro

shorty12345's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Okay , let me ask you this question, would you go to your home teams games? I mean why would you pay money to see the OTHER team play??
NCAAFB- Arizona State Sundevils
NCAAB- Arizona State Sundevils
Old 04-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
This is going to happen in ANY city. Detroit sucked for a while too and wasn't selling out, now they're one of the best fanbases in all of hockey.

If hockey is going to survive in non-traditional markets, it needs bandwagon fans...the idea is that if/when the team is bad again, a solid number will stay on because they learned to love the game or were finally exposed to it.
And I realize that, but Phoenix has been playing well for the entire season ,but yet people still didn't come out to support them during the regular season. I don't believe the Wings or any other teams attendance numbers, even when they weren't good have ever been as low as Phoenix's were either.

To be honest ,I don't think hockey can survive in a market like Phoenix and after their attendance numbers this year I am not even sure they deserve having a team anymore. Maybe Phoenix fans can prove me wrong starting next season though if there attendance from the playoffs can carry over.

Last edited by mgoblue678; 04-18-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Okay , let me ask you this question, would you go to your home teams games? I mean why would you pay money to see the OTHER team play??
I am not sure what exactly your asking here. Are you asking if I would go to my team's home games or if I would go to my team's home games if they weren't very good? In both cases the answer would be yes. I have been to several Red Wings, Pistons and Tigers games including several Tigers games when they were a bad team.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #32
All Star

DrJones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
On a related note, there was a grand total of one person from the LA media in Vancouver covering the first two games of the Kings/Canucks series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »