Home

EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

This is a discussion on EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #65
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Do you realize that any criticism that is given to GT5, yourself and Enigma keep jumping all over people? Face it, GT5 is far from perfect. Considering it took 5-6 years to release (depending in which region you live) people will have some negatives.
Where did I jump on anybody?

Someone was jumping all over people in here saying there is senseless EA hate, etc etc, when this is a thread about EA/Codemasters and their own **** slinging that they started. And then said GT offers nothing but a glorified picture taker...

All I said, was just because GAMERS and CONSUMERS do not want to hear companies fling their poo like a bunch of fanboys on the internet, and would rather them not throw stones at glass houses and make a sim themselves that is better to prove their point. "Put up or shut up".

That is not jumping on anyone. Good grief. Senseless bickering about the same old 5-6 dev time, blah blah and other things is pretty annoying already. Especially with no real rebuttal other than clinging on to those factors. No game is perfect, we get that, but no need for professionals to sling their poop either. And that was the point.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 11-29-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #66
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Where did I jump on anybody?

Someone was jumping all over people in here saying there is senseless EA hate, etc etc, when this is a thread about EA/Codemasters and their own **** slinging that they started. And then said GT offers nothing but a glorified picture taker...

All I said, was just because GAMERS and CONSUMERS do not want to hear companies fling their poo like a bunch of fanboys on the internet, and would rather them not throw stones at glass houses and make a sim themselves that is better to prove their point. "Put up or shut up".

That is not jumping on anyone. Good grief. Senseless bickering about the same old 5-6 dev time, blah blah and other things is pretty annoying already. Especially with no real rebuttal other than clinging on to those factors. No game is perfect, we get that, but no need for professionals to sling their poop either. And that was the point.
I'll just drop it at that man.......a few of you guys just come off a bit too much on the defensive side for this game. I've been playing this most of the weekend and warming up to GT5 more than I did initially. I like the photo mode and think its cool feature which looks fantastic.

Back on topic, why in the world do you have to play to level 40 to unlock full damage? It is accessibility like this which hurts a game with so much potential.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #67
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I'll just drop it at that man.......a few of you guys just come off a bit too much on the defensive side for this game. I've been playing this most of the weekend and warming up to GT5 more than I did initially. I like the photo mode and think its cool feature which looks fantastic.

Back on topic, why in the world do you have to play to level 40 to unlock full damage? It is accessibility like this which hurts a game with so much potential.
I thought they said it was level 20 that unlocks damage?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #68
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted
I thought they said it was level 20 that unlocks damage?
"Full" damage model that includes mechanical and major structural damage isn't unlocked until level 40. Also, I think only race cars will feature the full damage model.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #69
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

Back on topic, why in the world do you have to play to level 40 to unlock full damage? It is accessibility like this which hurts a game with so much
potential.
I just don't see how anyone can say this game is 100% what they wanted after as many delays and as much Dev time as they wanted. Granted no game is perfect on release, but not giving us full modeled cars, limiting damage model, a clunky menu system and lack of new tracks is just unacceptable after such a long time IMO.

Twitch Stream
Old 11-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #70
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I just don't see how anyone can say this game is 100% what they wanted after as many delays and as much Dev time as they wanted. Granted no game is perfect on release, but not giving us full modeled cars, limiting damage model, a clunky menu system and lack of new tracks is just unacceptable after such a long time IMO.
Totally agree.....It's a good fun game but nothing special as a whole package.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #71
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Totally agree.....It's a good fun game but nothing special as a whole package.
Right. I can throw it in and have fun, it's just not the package I was expecting.

Twitch Stream
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »