Home

EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

This is a discussion on EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #49
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
That's a PC and Xbox game of Toca 3...
Regardless, is it really that much different than the PS2 version? What I really want to know is what makes it better than GT 5 in your eyes. It's a great game, I just feel GT 5 supersedes it.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #50
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
I didn't jump on anybody. This is how debates work. Person A makes a point, Person B rebuts, and so on. If any of the posts I have made offended you, I apologize.

As for the posts above, I'd take GT5's visuals over all of them, but that is my opinion. Although I'm not sure how one can make a reasonable comparison between a GT 5 and a PS2 game (TOCA). I'd still like to know why you feel it is better.
No offense taken man. I just see both of you guys in disagreement with a lot of negative posts towards this game. I'm fine with a good debate. Not sure if you have played Forza 3, but it does do a lot right.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #51
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Regardless, is it really that much different than the PS2 version? What I really want to know is what makes it better than GT 5 in your eyes. It's a great game, I just feel GT 5 supersedes it.
Yes, the PC and XBOX 1 versions blew away the PS2 version just in steady framerate and visuals alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #52
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Yes, the PC and XBOX 1 versions blew away the PS2 version just in steady framerate and visuals alone.
Hmm, interesting point. Perhaps I'll seek out the demo of the PC version. I still don't see how a game released almost 5 years ago can be superior to one released a week ago in any aspect, let alone visuals, but I digress.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #53
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Hmm, interesting point. Perhaps I'll seek out the demo of the PC version. I still don't see how a game released almost 5 years ago can be superior to one released a week ago in any aspect, let alone visuals, but I digress.
LOL! I'm not saying that TOCA 3 is superior than GT5.................I'm saying that TOCA 3 PC and Xbox versions were better than the PS2 version of TOCA 3.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #54
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Just my take, GT5 is a great game, but there is room for improvement and there were a lot of expectations, from GT fanatics and casual gamers alike.

I hate reading anything that has "agenda" written all over it (such as continuously bashing the series in every thread), but there are some justified criticisms in my opinion of this game. I don't like seeing the mixed reviews but this can only lead to a couple of things: 1) the buyer will rent the game and determine if its the right game for them. 2) If Polyphony doesn't like the mixed reviews and hearing criticisms from its competitors, they need to step their game up.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #55
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
LOL! I'm not saying that TOCA 3 is superior than GT5.................I'm saying that TOCA 3 PC and Xbox versions were better than the PS2 version of TOCA 3.
That part wasn't in response to you, but rather BehindShadows, who sait he thinks the TOCA Series is superior. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Whitesox; 11-28-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #56
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
But against, I guess my disappointment or views can seem biased from the unbiased gamer.
I'm not particularly sure what that means, but calling yourself The Unbiased Gamer (or as your user title says, The Real Unbiased Gamer) is akin to LeBron James calling himself The Chosen One.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

Last edited by Bellsprout; 11-28-2010 at 07:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »