Home

NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #41
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyB
Im enjoying the game so far.

Has anyone noticed on the PS3 sometimes the sounds seems like its fading? I thought after one of my pitstops things sounded softer? as in somebody tuned the sound down on the tv?? maybe its just me though

I noticed the sound seemed a little off. It would be good and then after a pit stop it would be different. Or after starting a different race it would change. I had the same thing happen in the last game.

So a couple of things I noticed so far in after about 2 hours of playing. At the plate tracks you have to be really careful bumping the AI cars in the corners. They seem to get loose really easy in the corners if you touch them. That's ok, it should be that way.

Also the AI seems really aggressive. I have it on 85% and I can run just fine with default setups, but man are they aggressive. Four and five wide racing at the front of the pack, then when you get shuffled back guys starting bouncing right off from me.

So far I like the racing, the AI is making it hard to stay up front, I like that! Gonna try some other tracks here in a few minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #42
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

So the patch appears to be out for the 360... I got prompted to download it today. I'll finally get to see if I notice any difference.

I started my career finally. Qualified first for the Daytona 500. Then discovered what appears to be my first major glitch. I should be starting my Duel race on the pole, since I qualified first, instead it has me starting dead last. I'm not impressed. Unless there's a rule change for this year with the duels that I'm unaware of...

Restarted my career... qualified on the pole again, this time it started me on the pole for my Duel... strange..

Last edited by brandon27; 02-19-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #43
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I saw this touched on but I wanna ask plainly just to be clear:

1. Do the CPU cars pit on short races so the racing is fair?

and

2. Do the CPU cars race in a pack and finish pretty much in the same order the race started?

These are the 2 things that ran me away from Nascar games about 2 or 3 yrs ago when this new company took over.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #44
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I saw this touched on but I wanna ask plainly just to be clear:

1. Do the CPU cars pit on short races so the racing is fair?

and

2. Do the CPU cars race in a pack and finish pretty much in the same order the race started?

These are the 2 things that ran me away from Nascar games about 2 or 3 yrs ago when this new company took over.

So far I've done like 5 or 6 races running 10% length. They have been pitting and I have not seen any cars stay out for the whole race.

In the race I did at Atlanta the cars ran in packs of 6-8 cars spread out around the track. I have to say the racing has been really good. The AI is aggressive and they pass alot. I've been seeing several different leaders during the race.

So far I am really liking this game. Seems to be a really nice improvement from the last game.

One more thing. I know some people where saying the game doesn't look as good as the last one. I think this game looks awesome. They most certainly did not step back on the graphics. I have not seen any blurry menus or anything else.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #45
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

i am having an extremely difficult time at talladega between the over aggressive and unstable ai and near impossibility to hold a line because steering is too sensitive.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #46
Rookie

tmoney51691's Arena

OVR: 1
I'll be brief, so far I hate this game. The car handles terribly no matter how much you adjust. I couldn't stick to a line to save my life. It was almost as if the cars were magnets. You try to stick to your line, but you always end up crashing into the guy next to you. Sometimes, your car will even bleed into the car next to you or behind you. The braking is awful. Even with upgraded brakes, it never felt like my car was slowing down a bit. I know these cars weigh a lot and have little brakes, but shouldn't I at least feel like I'm braking? Every time on the restart, as soon as I would press the gas, I would spin out and wreck. I know these cars use slick tires, but still.

I did experience a few glitches. After crashing (no surprise), all my HUD indicators disappeared. When I went into the menus, all my HUDs were still on. So I had to turn them off, save, resume the race, pause the race again, turn them back on, then resumed the race.

At this point, I cannot recommend this game. I'm so glad I rented it instead.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:52 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney51691
I'll be brief, so far I hate this game. The car handles terribly no matter how much you adjust. I couldn't stick to a line to save my life. It was almost as if the cars were magnets. You try to stick to your line, but you always end up crashing into the guy next to you. Sometimes, your car will even bleed into the car next to you or behind you. The braking is awful. Even with upgraded brakes, it never felt like my car was slowing down a bit. I know these cars weigh a lot and have little brakes, but shouldn't I at least feel like I'm braking? Every time on the restart, as soon as I would press the gas, I would spin out and wreck. I know these cars use slick tires, but still.

I did experience a few glitches. After crashing (no surprise), all my HUD indicators disappeared. When I went into the menus, all my HUDs were still on. So I had to turn them off, save, resume the race, pause the race again, turn them back on, then resumed the race.

At this point, I cannot recommend this game. I'm so glad I rented it instead.
Are you easy on the throttle? That should help with your spinning of the tires on restarts..as far as holding a line it can be difficult, and breaking..just gotta be easy in.

Sorry you aren't enjoying it..but like you said at least you saved your money by just renting as opposed to purchasing the game. What system are you playing on?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #48
Rookie

tmoney51691's Arena

OVR: 1
360. I've played Nascar games before, but that was back when EA made them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »