Home

F1 2017...How is your career going?

This is a discussion on F1 2017...How is your career going? within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: F1 2017...How is your career going?

Hey Jason - you owe me $60 since I'll be picking this up ha! Great job as always breaking down reports just like back in the day on MM!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 10:03 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just getting my career going, first time ever on F1...I am not knowledgeable on setups at all... How big a factor will this being moving forward? Is there a website that helps with set ups? Lastly, can my pit crew A1 do my setups...I am really "Just" a driver which I know, in real life and this day and age the drivers are as knowledgeable as their team.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #43
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
Just getting my career going, first time ever on F1...I am not knowledgeable on setups at all... How big a factor will this being moving forward? Is there a website that helps with set ups? Lastly, can my pit crew A1 do my setups...I am really "Just" a driver which I know, in real life and this day and age the drivers are as knowledgeable as their team.
http://f1carsetup.com/
Old 10-11-2017, 01:17 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
THANK YOU SIR!
Old 10-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #45
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
THANK YOU SIR!

The game does a good job at explaining what affect each component change will have on the cars performance. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with each change when using other people's setups. By doing so you'll have a good idea what tweaks you'd like to make rather than forcing yourself to adapt to someone else's driving style just to match their setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 01:34 PM   #46
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
The game does a good job at explaining what affect each component change will have on the cars performance. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with each change when using other people's setups. By doing so you'll have a good idea what tweaks you'd like to make rather than forcing yourself to adapt to someone else's driving style just to match their setup.

I'm sort of with James Hunt....'I just drive the damn thing'. LOL

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 10-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #47
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

It's been too long.

So as I said, I had to take a grid penalty because of already needing to put my 5th ICE in my McLaren (and we're just past halfway...damn you Honda!). Then I thought what the hell, and went ahead and ordered 5th parts of everything else. Gamey? Sure, but if I'm going to start last because of grid penalties, might as well go all out. As for strategy, I opted for a two-stop race, going with two sets of soft tires and finishing the race on super softs.

So the funny thing is I completed practice and qualifying on 1.7. In between when I completed qualifying and when I started the race a couple days later, 1.9 came out. Apparently, something was tweaked with the handling, cause boy oh boy, this car became LOOSE. I was constantly having to counter steer as the backend just kept wanting to jump out.

But it was quick, and thanks to a lovely dive bomb going into turn 2 on the opening lap, I quickly found myself in the top ten. Points leader Bottas got booted by his fellow Finn Raikkonen which allowed me to move up another position. Bottas suffered heavy front end damage and was a non-factor the rest of the race. But Bottas would at least get the last laugh, as Raikkonen suffered a second straight mechanical failure, and the former points leader would slip to the fourth position in the drivers standing because of this setback.

Anyways, it was smooth sailing as 8th place was about as high as I could climb. Well, smooth sailing until I lost 3rd gear and nearly wrecked the damn car when the back end jumped out. But, I was able to keep the Haas of Romain Grosjean behind me, and 8th place was where I finished.

Lewis Hamilton ran away with the race and moved to within 22 points of Vettel in the driver's standings. Bottas is 27 points back. Raikkonen is in fourth place thanks to his back-to-back DNFs.

EDIT: One thing I did forget to mention, and it was a thing of beauty. I already enjoyed racing the AI before the patch. But they've tweaked a few things, and it's just.....GLORIOUS. For example, before, the AI would for the most part stick to the racing line and when trying to pass, they would mostly go to the inside. Only time you would see them go to the outside was to create a 3-wide situation. Because of this, if you were looking to pass someone, they never protected the inside line. Late in this race, I was running 9th and chasing down Hulkenberg, who Jeff mentioned was suffering a mechanical problem and was slow. I caught up with him on the front stretch, and as I closed on him, he moved off the racing line to the inside, forcing me to have to pass him on the outside of turn one.

It was beautiful defensive driving by the AI. Had he not been suffering from the mechanical issue, he probably could've kept me at bay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hungary.jpg (107.0 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by jasontoddwhitt; 10-13-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #48
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

I need to get this game. I’ve been following this thread for a few weeks and listening to you guys talking about this game has me intrigued . Trying to wait for a price drop . Not sure how much longer I can wait!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »