Home

Old 07-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
When you give ppl choice, they are going to try and take advantage. Plain and simple.
You have a dark view of humanity. Do you like Nietzsche?

Kasey, that's an interesting, if cryptic, response. Would we battle for books gladiator style? It would be nice if owners had right of first refusal over their own team's playbooks, but I'll sharpen a shank if that's what it comes to.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You have a dark view of humanity. Do you like Nietzsche?

Kasey, that's an interesting, if cryptic, response. Would we battle for books gladiator style? It would be nice if owners had right of first refusal over their own team's playbooks, but I'll sharpen a shank if that's what it comes to.
Maybe we can all have first dibs on our own team's playbooks. After that, either a random draft or possibly an auction for the available books could be had. This auction could include the generic books. If we could handle it, maybe even have contracts on our playbooks.

Breathe easy everyone... I'm just thinking out loud. None of this is even close to solidified.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 07-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #99
Hall Of Fame

I really like the idea of proprietary right to playbooks.

It would be nice to see some real variety across the league. To me that adds longevity. Homogeneity of play styles can make things old fast. It could make for some interesting drama with team selection .
Old 07-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #100
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Maybe we can all have first dibs on our own team's playbooks. After that, either a random draft or possibly an auction for the available books could be had. This auction could include the generic books. If we could handle it, maybe even have contracts on our playbooks.

Breathe easy everyone... I'm just thinking out loud. None of this is even close to solidified.
I like the general idea. Good coordinators arent available to everyone. Sometimes you are stuck with what you have. At the same time I dont like the idea of being forced to use a 4-3 if I want to use a 3-4 scheme. You may not get the 3-4 book you want, but you should at least have the option to get one.

What I dont want to hear is someone complaining they are losing because of their playbook, or one person has an unfair advantage because of their book. Details need to be worked out, we may need to allow up to 3 uses of the same book, but I do like the concept. I think we start by finding out everyones playbook preference to see how many use the same one.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #101
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
if we use default playbooks this wont be a concern, if you pick a 3-4 team then you get a 3-4 playbook, but if not then at least thru season one you play the hand dealt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #102
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I agree with that to a degree, coaches sometimes have to coach a team they dont want to, or at least coach to a scheme they dont really want to (Zorn's power run - WCO ). At the same time they usually get a choice in what scheme they are running before taking a job.

Now just going by your way, what happens after season 1? How do we get to go about changing books?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
What I dont want to hear is someone complaining they are losing because of their playbook, or one person has an unfair advantage because of their book. Details need to be worked out, we may need to allow up to 3 uses of the same book, but I do like the concept. I think we start by finding out everyones playbook preference to see how many use the same one.
Yeah, agreed. There shouldn't be any crying foul.

Personally, I think it's actually fun to try to build a team to the philosophy they currently have. I'm not sure why that seems so burdensome to others, but to each his own. To me, it just adds variety to the league, and I think that's generally a good thing.

I know that most of the league ran a 34 last year because there was no legit blocking logic. I'm thinking that this year's emphasis on proper doubling and good pull logic will force teams that really don't have the right talent for that scheme to play to their talent. So defensively we might see greater variety.

Offensively, I'm not so sure. I'll be interested to see how the pass rush looks.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #104
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
i could see trading playbooks, would kind of make it seem like coordinators getting fired/hired

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »