Home

M & B's Ratings Edited Rosters!

This is a discussion on M & B's Ratings Edited Rosters! within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2
M & B's Ratings Edited Rosters!

Hey Everyone!
I thought I would share the rosters that Matt and myself are working on. We actually have done this in the past but have not had the time to the past couple of years. This year we are back at it. These rosters really make the game (especially dynasty) much more fun and realistic.
The reason we started doing this is because we believed that EA astronomically over rates the TEAMS every year. In fact, this year I think it is worse then ever. In our opinion that makes the game less realistic and not as fun, so this is why we do this.
You might be asking yourself, "why did he scream the word TEAMS at me two sentences ago?" Well that is because the foundation of our roster set is based on the teams themselves. We make our ratings so that the teams are properly rated based on a power rankings system we have come up with. Let me say that we do not just edit players with no logic just to get the teams the proper ratings. We edit the players properly, which then achieves the desirable overall team rankings. This takes countless hours of research (I actually love doing all of the research because it then helps me at the Sports Books during the season).
This means that not only will the teams be ranked properly but so will players. Easy example here is that there is no way that Blake Bell should have the same rating as David Fales. Fales will probably be drafted next year, and Bell will probably not be drafted.

Anyways allow me to explain our team rating logic:

Top Tier (97-99 rating)- This tier is for purely special teams. The once in a decade type teams. Some examples, 2004 USC, Tom Osbourne's 1995 Nebraska team, 2001 Miami, 1951 San Francisco Dons (okay I said this one to raise some eye brows. If you want a good read, research them. They had 3 future NFL HOF's, went undefeated, and didnt play in a bowl), ect...

Tier 1 (95-97 rating)- The only team we have for here this year is Alabama, but this is a tier for teams that have the talent to go undefeated

Tier 2 (92-95 rating)- The next best. Still very few teams fit here.

Tier 3 (88-91)- This is about the middle of the top 25 of our power rankings.

Tier 4 (84-88)- These teams are good, but not great. They have an outside shot to compete for a title and enough talent to possibly win their conference. Think of teams around 16-30 or so.

Tier 5 (79-83)- Possible top 25 teams but slightly less talented

... And the tiers go on down to 10, which is anyone we rate 59 or below. That bottom tier are teams around 115-126 in our power rankings.

If you are curious why I keep saying "our" power rankings, that is because we came up with our own power rankings for these rosters. Yep, thats right, we ranked all 126 FBS teams for this!

You might be wondering why I am posting this if the rosters are not completed. That is because we do appreciate some help with some players. Researching 126 teams means researching over 10,000 players! That is obviously not possible. We know who the bigger names are and have sets of position groups that we have ranked. We are using named roster files that we have already downloaded today (I really have no idea whose they really are), so we do not need to worry about names. We are looking for help with possibly some under the radar guys. Sort of like Dri Archer. We know who he is obviously and that he is one of the best return guys in the country (plus one of the quickest/fastest), but its the next level of unknowns that we do not know much about. Guys possibly like Antonio Andrews.

Any help is much appreciated, but remember these are our rosters, so to keep on track, we are not going to drastically change our perception of a given team.

Matt and I will be posting here frequently with updates on how it is going and I will probably add more information about the rosters.
EDIT: I meant to have this in the Subject heading, but we are on 360

NEW UPDATE (August 9th 2): VERSION 1.14 IS NOW OUT! TONS OF NEW CHANGES. SEE THE POSTS TOWARDS THE END OF THE THREAD FOR A DESCRIPTION. CHECK THEM OUT BY DOWNLOADING THEM FROM THE GAMER TAG: DOSMEDIA OR...

Download here for offline users: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...R-MBV114%20OFF

HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO GET THE OFFLINE FILES TO WORK! COURTESY OF DBO2700:
1. Extract an already working roster to your computer. (one from your Xbox. Create a dummy one if you want)
2. TaKe Bentley's roster and open it in Horizon.
3. Hit the contents tab
4. Extract that file (inside the roster) to your desktop
5. Now open your roster in Horizon (the one from your Xbox)
6. Hit the content tab
7. Right Click the file (inside the roster) and hit replace, then choose the file you extracted from the FB Roster.
8. Resign/Rehash
9. Save back to device.
10. Go back to your Xbox. Boom. Working roster.

I just want to add here that you guys are more then welcome to give us your feedback and tell us if there is something we missed. There has been a few of you that have brought up some really good points such as me getting Brandon Williams and Trey Williams mixed up and backwards, or us not realizing that Nick Hirschman is now at Akron. This is the type of help we are looking for and really appreciate it. We will continue to update the rosters for you guys

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ASK ABOUT EQUIPMENT EDITS. THESE ARE BASED OFF OF GEAUXLDENBOY's ROSTERS AND THIS IS WHAT HE SAID HE DID FOR EQUIPMENT EDITS:
"Mainly just QBs (to remove RB or Lineman facemasks) or anyone that had a picture in this year's edition of Athlon, Sporting News, or Phil Steele. It was just a light brush over in terms of equipment, nothing super in-depth."

GAMERTAG TO DOWNLOAD FROM: DOSMedia and mreazo.

Thanks all!
Bentley

Last edited by BentleyA; 08-09-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Rookie

mreazo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M & B's Ratings Edited Rosters!

The conferences we will probably need the most help on are American, C USA, MAC, and Sunbelt.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Banned

huge87's Arena

I don't mean to be that guy but what's the estimated completion date lol. Just wondering in terms of if I should hold out on starting a dynasty with the community rosters once they're released. Thanks. Appreciate the hard work.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Rookie

mreazo's Arena

Wednesday is our goal so hopefully no later
Old 07-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
Just started!

What time is estimated to be completed expect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezqtm
What time is estimated to be completed expect
The post above you by mreazo is Matt, who is the other main guy doing these rosters. So what he said is what we are aiming for, which is wednesday evening but thats no guarantee. We should be done with the major conferences by monday evening if we want to be on schedule.
We will keep everyone updated with our progress so you guys know.

Last edited by BentleyA; 07-13-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #7
Rookie

Are you guys doing this on PS3? Didn't see a system listed and was curious. Sounds like a great concept.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #8
Rookie

mreazo's Arena

It will be only be on the 360

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »