Home

FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360)

Just picked it up, about to play my first couple of games. First up will be Timbers vs Sounders, second will be Everton vs Liverpool. Ill post my impressions after each game

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360)

Timbers vs Sounders
10 min halves
World Class
Default Sliders

1st half: Immediately I noticed the mechanics overall are dramatically improved, players don't simply collide and fall over, theres much better contact animations. Early in the match (18th minute) I got a great feel for how the new feature of being able to control players on set pieces impacts the game... Long throw towards the top of the box to Adi who took two touches and blasted it into the top corner. Shots were pretty frequent throughout, maybe two many (18 combined first half).. I fell victim to the CPU's improved logic as the first goal I gave up was off of a spilled ball at midfield which was played through to Dempsey for the easy goal in the 26th minute. I gave up a second goal on a beautiful header by Neagle in the 33rd minute. So far I really noticed the subtle improvements in gameplay.

2nd half: CPU really dug in with the lead, and not much happened. Injuries look more realistic, as Kah took a cleat to the leg and had to exit with a thigh bruise. Shots still a bit too frequent (27 total for the game). Really noticed the crowd reactions improved, there's a very distinct crescendo as the home side attacks. I gave up a late goal after brining on two extra attackers, and lost 3-1.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Everton vs Liverpool
10 min halves
World Class
Default Sliders

1st half: Really impressed with the presentation in BPL games, a lot of talk about the Derby and such. The crowd noise was deafening with all the chanting you'd expect. Great counter attack early on as Mcgeady got loose down the right flank and found Lukaku for a diving header in the 7th minute. Was able to stop a couple shots by Liverpool and got the ball back down for a throw not far from the right flag. In to Lukaku on a long throw and he was fouled on the header which resulted in yellow as well as a PK. The animation was very fluid on that play, impressed me a lot. Converted the PK with Baines. Only a couple minutes later, in the 15th minute, Mario got loose and chipped one over Howard to make it 2-1. The frenetic play continue as Couthino got loose off a counter and fired one top corner. 2-2 in the 26th minute. Gave up another goal late in the half, 3-2 at the break.

2nd half: Pace was much slower, and not much happened. Got a good look at the improvement of the AI as Liverpool was content to pass it around, and only took one more shot. Final score 3-2

Old 09-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

@jgardner how does the degradation of kits and pitch look. Also is it ps3 or 360.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 09-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #5
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

Just played the first game of my man united career. First thing I noticed that out of the gate in world class the cpu is much more aggressive on the offensive side. So slider adjustment for the pace of the game needs to be toned down a little. The game was against Swansea city and it was a fast pace high offensive game. The score was 3-2 man united at half time then in the second half i gave up the lead since man united defense is terrible. So we tied 4-4 with almost 40 shots combined.
I change my sliders to the sliders I used in fifa 14 and well they dont work ever well lol. So I gotta find some sliders but overall the game feels so much smoother than 14. I didnt see a foul called but I think its because the pace of the cpu was a little too fast where it was opened space both ways. But I like the game. Curious to see what they fix in the first patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
Rookie

carefreedvp's Arena

OVR: 2

is there offline franchise/dynasty mode?
Rutgers

Carefree wherever you may be
We are the famous CFC
We don't give a f#$@ whoever you may be
We are the famous CFC

XBL Tag: CFCDVP
Old 09-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
@jgardner how does the degradation of kits and pitch look. Also is it ps3 or 360.
Should have mentioned this. In previous versions the kits basically look painted on... This year they are much more contoured and realistic. I played the Everton game in the rain and they certainly get muddy, and the pitch looks a bit worn and plays much slower. To me, the graphics and animations feel nearly on par with 14 on the PS4.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #8
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks JGardener3. That sounds good to me. I have yet to see any game that truly makes me want upgrade too the new console. Fifa was the only title that had me on the fence, but you took care of that thanks again.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »