Home

2015 Michigan Wolverines | The Harbaugh Era Begins

This is a discussion on 2015 Michigan Wolverines | The Harbaugh Era Begins within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
2015 Michigan Wolverines | The Harbaugh Era Begins

Surprised to not see a 2015 Michigan Wolverines thread on here. I've been watching tons of hype videos, as well as Bo's The Team speech over and over and over again. Man I loved him.

So, what do we think this year? Jim Harbaugh is here - the coach MANY wanted. Can he turn this thing around?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: 2015 Michigan Wolverines | The Harbaugh Era Begins

8-5 feels like a safe bet, though they could stumble to another 5-7 or 6-6 type year if they can't find a QB.

As for turning things around, I predict a steady ascension into the 9- & 10-win tier over the next 3-4 years, then sky's the limit after that, hopefully culminating with JH being the next Saban and winning 2-4 titles before he leaves/retires.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:09 PM   #3
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm looking forward to how mad Harbaugh is going to make other B1G coaches. If he can get Dantonio's head to explode on national television, the season will be a success in my mind.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I'm looking forward to how mad Harbaugh is going to make other B1G coaches. If he can get Dantonio's head to explode on national television, the season will be a success in my mind.
I think the worst case is 4-8 and the best case scenario will be 7-6 (with a bowl win). Harbaugh will be working with Brady Hoke's roster and oftentimes existing players from previous regimes have some negative emotions about the changes. The quarterback situation is not looking good. We have suffered from lackluster recruiting recently under most if not all of Hoke's regime. We have the potential to be elite in a few seasons- but not right now. I was happy about the Harbaugh hire even though I wanted them to at least consider coaches who have built their programs up (like Dabo Swinney, Mark Hudspeth, etc.), have systematic strategical advantages (like Mike Leach), or excellent coordinators (like Brent Venables). But I am looking forward to Harbaugh's personality since it is somewhat similar to mine in a lot of aspects. And lastly- Go Blue!

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Old 07-29-2015, 01:30 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
I think the worst case is 4-8 and the best case scenario will be 7-6 (with a bowl win). Harbaugh will be working with Brady Hoke's roster and oftentimes existing players from previous regimes have some negative emotions about the changes. The quarterback situation is not looking good. We have suffered from lackluster recruiting recently under most if not all of Hoke's regime. We have the potential to be elite in a few seasons- but not right now. I was happy about the Harbaugh hire even though I wanted them to at least consider coaches who have built their programs up (like Dabo Swinney, Mark Hudspeth, etc.), have systematic strategical advantages (like Mike Leach), or excellent coordinators (like Brent Venables). But I am looking forward to Harbaugh's personality since it is somewhat similar to mine in a lot of aspects. And lastly- Go Blue!
On the plus side, Rudock wasn't recruited by Hoke

Seriously though, all I want is a respectable year one, after that we can gauge where the team is at, but for now... ugh I can't even say what my fears are lol, just... fingers crossed for a nice year and go from there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 04:26 AM   #6
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Normally I say we'll go undefeated but I'll be realistic this year and say we get 9 wins. At least a bowl game this year. We aren't that bad - I honestly blame the playcalling caused us to lose more games than we should have. I believe this coaching staff will put them in a better position to win.

Harbaugh gets a pass this season anyway but I think he has something to work with.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:01 PM   #7
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

Do we beat the Buckeyes?
Old 08-19-2015, 10:36 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

One of these QB's will step up I see 9-4 with a upset of one of the State schools probably little brother.

#GOBLUE
Pacers/Heat
Michigan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »