Home

The Defense has to recover 50/50 balls...

This is a discussion on The Defense has to recover 50/50 balls... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
The Defense has to recover 50/50 balls...

And let me correct myself, these really aren't 50/50 balls. They're really more like 80/20 balls, but really examining the plays and looking at defender reactions I think I know the culprit: Its almost as if they aren't aware of the ball if it isn't attached to an offensive player.

They should recover the vast majority of their good defensive plays but they get a block, deflection or a strip and then simply watch as the offensive player goes after it--or worse, the block will go right back into the shooter's hands, or my personal fave: they'll try to pick up the ball--and miss.

Keep in mind this happens both OFFLINE and ONLINE and many of us used to think it was the computer "cheating" but after some research I think its an issue with defenders. The crazy part is that overall defense doesn't have nearly the amount of issues if the players didn't go all catatonic after making a great defensive play.

The sooner this gets addressed the better.

Last edited by Kushmir; 12-10-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Defense has to recover 50/50 balls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
And let me correct myself, these really aren't 50/50 balls. They're really more like 80/20 balls, but really examining the plays and looking at defender reactions I think I know the culprit: its almost as if they aren't aware of the ball if it isn't attached to an offensive player.

They should recover the vast majority of their good defensive plays but they get a block, deflection or a strip and then simply watch as the offensive player goes after it--or worse, the block will go right back into the shooter's hands, or my personal fave: they'll try to pick up the ball--and miss.

Keep in mind this happens both OFFLINE and ONLINE and many of us used to think it was the computer "cheating" but after some research I think its an issue with defenders. The crazy part is that overall defense doesn't have nearly the amount of issues if the players didn't go all catatonic after making a great defensive play.

The sooner this gets addressed the better.
What about the steals issue when the ball is poked loose and the offensive player gets stuck in that darn awful animation before attempting to recover it. This annoys the hell out of me because the defensive players gets a 2-3 second advantage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2018, 03:49 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

This is a good thread and something that needs to be addressed because it's been a problem for a long time. So much so that I won't get into you playing off-ball D haha.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:00 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

This situation has been a pet peeve of mine since about NBA 2K17. I want to say that NBA 2K16 had the same problems, but I don't remember off the top of head. Examples 12, 7, and 5 are the ones that ESPECIALLY grind the nerves, because the offense ends up in a BETTER scoring position than they were before the defense deflected the ball.

Blocks going back to the offensive players is definitely a problem too. That's basically an extra possession, and there's no real penalty for getting blocked.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #5
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

I posted this awhile back, I think it's pretty relevant here. Gotta laugh here. Three of my guys around him, and his back is turned, but the magic ball comes right back to him. I should've let this recording go, because of course you know he put it right back up for a score.

via Gfycat

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #6
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

I think that the cpu on offense or defense is OP on loose balls.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 12-11-2018, 12:33 AM   #7
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
This is a good thread and something that needs to be addressed because it's been a problem for a long time. So much so that I won't get into you playing off-ball D haha.
Thank you kindly

I'm pretty good on D tho. I defend the SG because OVERHELP leaves them open religiously and I don't dig open threes. It also helps because I make sure my worst defender isn't a fish lol.

Last edited by Kushmir; 12-11-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:35 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Good thread and examples

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »