Home

What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4

This is a discussion on What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-10-2020, 07:07 PM   #1
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0

At this point I'm at a hard nahhhh for preordering/buying UFC 4.

I know i'm not the only one in this position, so I'm curious, what would it take for you to end up buying the game?

For me, first off I'll go out of my way to buy this on the secondary market. I don't think EA deserves any of my money, even if I am only 1 person. Now I know someone is gonna say they will still get my data and add to the player count numbers and whatnot, but if they really are reading into detailed "data" then they will clearly see a large number of players(including myself) completely ignoring all this goofy, cartoon cosmetic nonsense. So that data will actually be important, and relevant for them to see.

Now as far as what it will take for me to make a purchase...

-Really what I want to see is a dramatically increased roster. It's actually shocking how dated, and limited the roster is at launch, AGAIN, just like UFC 3. UFC 3 came out with an already outdated roster, and UFC 4 is borderline the same thing. So I'm very curious to see what kind of additional content they plan on releasing as far as more fighters go, because this roster severely needs it. There's easily 20+ fighters I could add to the game right off the jump, and that's not even going into the deep cuts yet.

-Unlocking these CAF restrictions is pretty important also. As someone who likes to spend hours creating true to life creations of real life fighters, it's extremely disappointing that all we got was a bunch of cartoon hair... and then they actually added limitations on building real life fighters. Again, just shocking decisions from EA here, not only did they add a bunch of goofy nonsense, but they actually made it borderline impossible to create realistic, authentic fighters, with stats and moves the fighter would actually use. Just baffling decision making IMO.

-A toggle for Backyard and Kumite arenas for Quick Fight, and online matches. I have absolutely ZERO interest in fighting in some extremely goofy Mortal Kombat looking arena, with some zany, silly sound effects, in my UFC/MMA game. I also have ZERO interest in fighting in some Street Beefs looking backyard cage, with a shoddy denim texture placed over my fighters shorts. Give me a break. Please, just no.

-From what I've seen, it's still a 150+ strikes a round spam fest, so some adjustments to stamina like people have been asking for for 4 games straight now would be nice.....

There's a lot that annoys me about this game, even without playing it. And there's a lot more I wanted to see, and could ask for, but at a bare minimum this is what I really want to see. It's just crazy that we waited for over 2 years, and this is what we got. Really crazy stuff. But to even justify a used game purchase, I'll need to see some of these things addressed... But we'll see what happens.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 08-10-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 07:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4

If they patch a remake from UFC undisputed 3 in the game I would consider buying it
Old 08-10-2020, 07:20 PM   #3
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCII
If they patch a remake from UFC undisputed 3 in the game I would consider buying it
Lmaoooo. Sign me up.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 08-10-2020, 07:26 PM   #4
Pro

I know one of the big things for me is a tko scenario. I was playing the other day and was raining down punches when the fighter just went limp and flailed their arms like how it does. My wife goes “babe why did that happen that doesn’t happen like that when we watch the fights” haha all I could do was say you’re right and shake my head. Having the fighter be hit with punches and the ref pull you off instead of going limp would be ideal

I would also love an increased roster and better tutorials so I understand the game mechanics better. But a solid tko scenario is a must to get the game, the endings just seem so wack.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Realistic knockouts and real tkos with ref interaction if thats patched in I will buy this game at full price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenyc721
Realistic knockouts and real tkos with ref interaction if thats patched in I will buy this game at full price.
100% agree with this, although by that time we will probably get the game at a steep discount haha. But it’s so tricky because I like a lot of the aspects of the new career mode but the KOs and lack of tkos just kills it for me
Old 08-10-2020, 08:01 PM   #7
Pro

UFC 1 is forgivable, but this is the worst release as a whole, yet. I support this franchise, but shame on them for putting out such an unpolished product. I understand all the backlash from the community. My time will most likely be short with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-10-2020, 08:15 PM   #8
MVP

Improved roster via DLC.

Increased CAF slots and the freedom to edit offline stats/perks/moves.

Ability to change shorts colors. Bare minimum give everyone the champion shorts and one regular alternative so that title fights feel somewhat accurate.

Things that won't happen, but if they did would impress the hell out of me:

A new real venue. Abu Dhabi. Australia. Cowboys stadium. Allegant Stadium (Las Vegas). Something like that.

Upgrades to Event Mode. Co-main event audio from Bruce Buffer for starters. Crowd filling in as the event moves along. Make the prelims feel like prelims and the main event feel like the crown jewel.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »