Home

WWE Raw/Smackdown June Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Raw/Smackdown June Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2020, 12:09 AM   #33
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Raw/Smackdown June Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Charlotte is the female John Cena.
Female Triple H. When there is a chance to make a new star, let's have Charlotte beat her. Shayna winning the Rumble? Nope, Charlotte. Asuka has plenty of opponents(Liv, Ruby, Bianca, etc). Nope, Charlotte. This is what I call "Charlotte's Reign of Terror" where she buries an entire division and stops someone from being a star.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:30 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Bianca's been working, she's been on Main Event.

And the Raw roster is loaded, you have/had since Mania: Asuka, Charlotte, Nia, Shayna, Becky, IIconics, Bianca, Ruby, Liv, Nattie and Kairi. Then you have to figure in the tag champions at the time so that includes Nikki, Alexa, Sasha, and Bayley. So there's just no room for her on TV right now.

Now, some will say why don't you give the women more TV time then? In order to do that you have to take time away from the men. Well you have a ton of talent on the men's side too. You have Drew, Seth, Bob Lashley, KO, Rey, Profits, Ricochet/Alexander, Andrade, Crewes, Owens, Andrade, Garza, Theory, Black, Murphy, Randy, Edge and Viking Raiders. All who should be on TV weekly or biweekly.

So my question then becomes who exactly are you pulling off TV for Bianca Belair? A woman who has talent but is also green and could either use a gimmick change or heel turn as her character is much better off as an egotistical heel.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:51 AM   #35
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

OVR: 2

Kinda didn't enjoy RAW this week. Took me a long time to gather my thoughts on writing a review. Too much Charlotte is the reason why I didn't enjoy the show. She's all over the place. Being pushed and shoved into our faces every week. Saying that she is the Queen. She's the best. And that she will catch up to her daddy in Title reigns someday soon. Well she didnt say that part but you get the picture.

I think the main things I enjoyed were The Peep Show segment with Christian, Edge and Orton doing their thing in promos. I guess Andrade becoming the #1 contender for the US Title is good too. The McIntrye/Lashley stuff needed more intensity this week. Kinda a weak follow up from last week's cliffhanger. And yeah, I am tired of Charlotte beating everyone. She needed Nia Jax to interfere but still. Tired of her winning. Let me guess WWE, this grants her a Title opportunity. Because thats how you book your shows now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 08:24 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Female Triple H. When there is a chance to make a new star, let's have Charlotte beat her. Shayna winning the Rumble? Nope, Charlotte. Asuka has plenty of opponents(Liv, Ruby, Bianca, etc). Nope, Charlotte. This is what I call "Charlotte's Reign of Terror" where she buries an entire division and stops someone from being a star.
She’s a parody at this point. She’s going to break her dad’s title record in the next 2-3 years which is absurd. I don’t think she’s burying people as much as they have no clue what to do with her except put her in world title feuds, or throw her in a match with someone retired like Trish
Old 06-09-2020, 08:53 AM   #37
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
She’s a parody at this point. She’s going to break her dad’s title record in the next 2-3 years which is absurd. I don’t think she’s burying people as much as they have no clue what to do with her except put her in world title feuds, or throw her in a match with someone retired like Trish

If you guys think this Charlotte is as bad as prime HHH, whew you guys have blocked out what it was really like back then. I will never forget the rage I felt when Jericho beat HHH for the title and then HHH bullied Hebner into overturning the decision. And that was just one example haha.

I don’t have a problem with Charlottes win tonight. The story is that Asuka can’t beat Charlotte in a big match. Which is fine as long as Asuka actually wins at Summerslam. If not then we can revisit this discussion haha

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #38
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
If you guys think this Charlotte is as bad as prime HHH, whew you guys have blocked out what it was really like back then. I will never forget the rage I felt when Jericho beat HHH for the title and then HHH bullied Hebner into overturning the decision. And that was just one example haha.

I don’t have a problem with Charlottes win tonight. The story is that Asuka can’t beat Charlotte in a big match. Which is fine as long as Asuka actually wins at Summerslam. If not then we can revisit this discussion haha

And who is to say that Asuka will win if they fight at SummerSlam?!

Rhea Ripley should've won at 'Mania (needed the huge rub), Asuka should've won at 'Mania (most dominant character in ages) & Sasha Banks should have won all those times she held the belt for a month (to just drop to Charlotte at PPV).

There isn't any, any doubt Charlotte is super talented, but they need to find an actual direction for her. They need to put her in a good long-term feud (2, 3 or 4 months) where she can help elevate someone like Belair, Morgan or even Riott (who needs to be built back up).

Right now, they are just pushing her at all times, putting or forcing her on shows, putting other women in her matches (to take the pinfall) and making her this directionless, overexposed, tweener that appeals to very few.

Her being on NXT & showing up on Smackdown had the opposite effect of its intention. I would mute the television or change the channel once her music hit.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 06-09-2020 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:45 AM   #39

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

More women need to be in tag teams. Bayley/Sasha will break up soon (Summerslam match, especially if they were able to have it in Boston I imagine was the plan all along), IIconics and Bliss/Cross are really the only other teams here. Not that I have a problem with either, but they need more teams.

Just 1 extra team per brand gives 4 more women a chance on TV.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #40
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
And who is to say that Asuka will win if they fight at SummerSlam?!

Rhea Ripley should've won at 'Mania (needed the huge rub), Asuka should've won at 'Mania (most dominant character in ages) & Sasha Banks should have won all those times she held the belt for a month (to just drop to Charlotte at PPV).

There isn't any, any doubt Charlotte is super talented, but they need to find an actual direction for her. They need to put her in a good long-term feud (2, 3 or 4 months) where she can help elevate someone like Belair, Morgan or even Riott (who needs to be built back up).

Right now, they are just pushing her at all times, putting or forcing her on shows, putting other women in her matches (to take the pinfall) and making her this directionless, overexposed, tweener that appeals to very few.

Her being on NXT & showing up on Smackdown had the opposite effect of its intention. I would mute the television or change the channel once her music hit.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Huh? I didn’t say i 100% certain Asuka would win at Summerslam. I said if this is the story they’re telling then it works, her losing last night for the sake of the story, if Asuka wins at Summerslam.

And no, Rhea shouldn’t have won at Wrestlemania. She’s so young and already has been shot to the moon with the wins she’s gotten. If she wins after the the run she went on then whose supposed to beat her if Charlotte loses? They be booked into a corner.

I do think Asuka should have won but that was the same thing. She was undefeated at the time which is never a good idea(exception being Goldberg). They were backed into a corner with Asuka. If she beats Charlotte then when does she ever lose?

I agree about the Sasha stuff though. That was dumb she kept losing right away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »