Home
News Post

What you see before you is the culmination of months and months of planning, brainstorming, hard work, troubleshooting, late nights, and too many AIM conversations to count! Many people are to thank for making this happen. Of course, all the pioneers of the old OS that helped get the site off the ground and turn it into a place everyone knew to be "Dedicated to Sports Gaming". We'd also like to thank the staff of the former DigitalSportsMania.com for coming aboard.

But most importantly, the biggest thanks goes out to you, the members of our community. Without you guys, none of this would have been possible. So poke around the site. Explore. Check out all the new features. Let us know what you think of the new site and what you'd like to see added in the future. Here at Operation Sports, we are and always will be "Dedicated to Sports Gaming" and now, we're able to do so with a brand new website and a whole new way of doing things. So sit back, click around, and enjoy the brand new Operation Sports!

If the new OS excites you as much as it excites us please take a moment to Digg this story.

Member Comments
# 41 bluengold34_OS @ 02/23/08 05:28 AM
I really like it guys, thanks for all the effort and hard work.

# 42 theenemy @ 02/23/08 05:43 AM
it looks absolutely amazing. thank you for the hard work.

# 43 bravosfan @ 02/23/08 05:49 AM
I dig it. Good job, guys.

# 44 RGmoney @ 02/23/08 05:53 AM
Looks great guys.

# 45 ronnyballgame @ 02/23/08 06:04 AM
amazing work and detail, thank you guys for creating such a great site and making better and better!

# 46 ExtremeGamer @ 02/23/08 08:00 AM
I like it, good job.

FYI, and maybe it's just me, but when listening to the podcast, and you open a new forum or page, the podcast resets. I know you can open it in a new window though and it's fine. I thought someone had said though that it'll stay playing without that. Maybe I heard wrong.

So far, that's the best feature IMO.

# 47 Holic @ 02/23/08 08:02 AM
Nicely done guys, looks great.

# 48 poster @ 02/23/08 08:04 AM
Front page is really cool. I have always been a front page viewer so I like the look. The vertical navigation on the left hand side of the page makes the forums a little too busy so I removed it. I will give it chance though. Are there going to be new skins besides default? Good work and congrats!

EDIT: Search still does not work for me. Was hoping it would once the redesign took place.

# 49 TwinsTerritory @ 02/23/08 08:32 AM
Looks good...

Only problem I had was signing in with the sign-in on the top left. It never signed me in. Only the one on the forum did. Could be an IE 7 error?

Not a big deal though.

# 50 Rainey @ 02/23/08 08:36 AM
Looks nice.

# 51 Hoos @ 02/23/08 08:38 AM
Only one word can sum up my first impression on the new OS - AWESOME !!!!

It almost brought a tear to my eye LOL

Very nice job guys. Looks like the new features will make life better for everyone - BRAVO

# 52 eDotd @ 02/23/08 08:43 AM

# 53 beau21 @ 02/23/08 08:48 AM

very nice guys
love the crisp and clean feel and organization
very impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitomulder
Very impressive to say the least.

You guys all deserve a big thumbs up.
how bout a double? .. yes, i think it's in order

# 54 SPTO @ 02/23/08 08:55 AM
Great great job guys!

Only thing I have to ask is if there's a way to keep the sidebar when you change skins? I use the ESPN 2.0 skin and the sidebar disappears. I would hope in the future that the forum skins can somehow be integrated with the new OS front page and sidebar.

# 55 A.M. Son @ 02/23/08 08:59 AM
About to dig in here and check it all out- but already I like what I see! This feels good- nice job to all!

# 56 mystrymasters @ 02/23/08 09:10 AM
Good stuff guys - just signed up here but love the new look have been coming here for information for a long time though

# 57 wayne23 @ 02/23/08 09:15 AM
Great job guys. Very nice.

# 58 Chiefsfan881129 @ 02/23/08 09:16 AM
Nice Job on the new site But there is 1 problem and i hope its being worked on but is anyone having troble signing in from both login places on the front page of OS I Type in my Screname and password and click sign in then its says it logging me in but then it dose not do it and i dont know until i get to the fourms that i actualy did sign in but if i dont click on the fourms it says i am signed out from the home page so can this be fixed as i want to be logged in but i am saying this is a front page problem as of now thanks

# 59 TJdaSportsGuy @ 02/23/08 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I like it, good job.

FYI, and maybe it's just me, but when listening to the podcast, and you open a new forum or page, the podcast resets. I know you can open it in a new window though and it's fine. I thought someone had said though that it'll stay playing without that. Maybe I heard wrong.

So far, that's the best feature IMO.
Yeah, I was the one who told you about that and I was mistaken as to how that feature would work. If you click "play" without opening a new window, it'll only keep playing if you stay on that current page. Not ideal but what are you gonna do?

The best way to do it is to open up a new window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Can some explain the "comments" and "votes" tally?
Sure. Go to the main page. See how at the bottom of each news story about a game, it gives you the ability to either give it a "hype vote" if the game isn't out yet or just a rating if it is? Each time you do that, you'll get a "vote" tally. The tally in the forums keeps track of that.

Same with comment. Each time you comment about a particular news item, that number will go up as well as your post count.

Just another little something to give all the post whores out there something to strive for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Great great job guys!

Only thing I have to ask is if there's a way to keep the sidebar when you change skins? I use the ESPN 2.0 skin and the sidebar disappears. I would hope in the future that the forum skins can somehow be integrated with the new OS front page and sidebar.
That's an hdaniel issue. I'll be sure he's made aware of it.

# 60 eDotd @ 02/23/08 09:25 AM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.