Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has reported some NCAA Football 09 news is coming this week.

Quote:
"Up to now we’ve heard a little about the breakaway animations and goal of wide open gameplay along with getting to see a couple screenshots and some short clips of the game from early in development."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mesyes25 @ 03/31/08 06:32 PM
I had a feeling that we would get some info this week....im looking forward to see what theyve done with the presentation, physics and alternate uniforms

# 2 janglar @ 04/01/08 06:55 AM
Early April is usually when EA trickles out features and screenshots for NCAA. The must haves that I am hoping to see:
1. All alternate uni's for all teams. An absolute unforgivable travesty to mankind that they were left out last year.
2. 60 FPS for PS3.
3. All authentic stadiums. Another tragedy from last year. No more seeing the generic 80,000 seat round bowl at Duke and Washington State.
4. FPS (D-II) teams. Gotta have these, at least the top 25. After App State beating Michigan last year, the demand is even more.
5. Extreme overhaul and last year's FUBAR'D menu system, returning it to the last-gen style.
6. Bowl endzone artwork and uniform patches. It's in the game, EA......
7. Methotically revamped user control catches and pass defense. Doing Chinese Algebra while underwater welding with a squirt gun full of gravy is much more easier than pulling off manual plays was last year. Absolutely no more magical warp of a defensive player in front of your receiver for an interception.
8. Revamp dynasty interface to at least resemble the ESPN magazine of last-gen. How F'n boring and stupid the non interactive newspaper was with the same recycled information and nothing but a box score when you activated it.
9. Pregame. No Lee and Kirk predictions? No team entrances? No spotlight player warming up with season stats? No captain midfield handshake coin toss? No interactive crowd? BS!!!!!
10. Bring back the stadium pulse and college atmosphere. There is no way Autzen Stadium at Oregon sounds just like Stanford or Baylor.
I could write a list past 100 (I did weeks after 08 came out and sent it to EA programmers), but these are the main improvements that I pray to see.

# 3 Sedihawk2K5 @ 04/01/08 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
Early April is usually when EA trickles out features and screenshots for NCAA. The must haves that I am hoping to see:
1. All alternate uni's for all teams. An absolute unforgivable travesty to mankind that they were left out last year.
2. 60 FPS for PS3.
3. All authentic stadiums. Another tragedy from last year. No more seeing the generic 80,000 seat round bowl at Duke and Washington State.
4. FPS (D-II) teams. Gotta have these, at least the top 25. After App State beating Michigan last year, the demand is even more.
5. Extreme overhaul and last year's FUBAR'D menu system, returning it to the last-gen style.
7. Methotically revamped user control catches and pass defense. Doing Chinese Algebra while underwater welding with a squirt gun full of gravy is much more easier than pulling off manual plays was last year. Absolutely no more magical warp of a defensive player in front of your receiver for an interception.
8. Revamp dynasty interface to at least resemble the ESPN magazine of last-gen. How F'n boring and stupid the non interactive newspaper was with the same recycled information and nothing but a box score when you activated it.
9. Pregame. No Lee and Kirk predictions? No team entrances? No spotlight player warming up with season stats? No captain midfield handshake coin toss? No interactive crowd? BS!!!!!
10. Bring back the stadium pulse and college atmosphere. There is no way Autzen Stadium at Oregon sounds just like Stanford or Baylor.
I could write a list past 100 (I did weeks after 08 came out and sent it to EA programmers), but these are the main improvements that I pray to see.
VERY strong top-10! I am right there with you. Get the atmosphere up to snuff, at least up to what last-gen gave us. I would love to see the player entrances they had in '04. And the bowl games and bowl patches, come on! Those little things might get a shoulder shrug from a lot of you that quickly say it doesn't matter if the game play still isn't up to snuff, and I completely agree. But those little touches made the last-gen experience that much better, and it is definitely missing from next-gen!

And, please, show some love for my little WSU Cougars and Martin Stadium (although it's in the middle of a renovation, so it'll probably be wrong anyway). I also wish they would get the road helmets WSU wears. They've been wearing Crimson helmets on the road since '01.

# 4 Beezzee @ 04/01/08 12:17 PM
Who knows! Maybe this'll be the year where they fix the ball trajectory in the passing game (No Lb should be physically able to jump 10 yards in the air to deflect a the pass on a skinny post!). One can only wish!

# 5 thmst30 @ 04/01/08 01:03 PM
My Guesses:

Quote:
NO
2. 60 FPS for PS3.
YES

NO
4. FCS (1-AA)(We're not D-II dammit) teams. Gotta have these, at least the top 25. After App State beating Michigan last year, the demand is even more.
NO
NO
NO
Tweaked A Little
NO
NO
Possibly

# 6 edubbs @ 04/01/08 01:34 PM
If they do not add a QB pocket this year, I will conclude that they will NEVER add one to Madden OR NCAA.

It's ridiculous that they can't get the OL/DL interaction correct after all of these years.

# 7 madscientist @ 04/01/08 02:33 PM
Quote:
2. 60 FPS for PS3.
I approve this message!

# 8 AuburnAlumni @ 04/01/08 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist
I approve this message!
You won't see any of that..and what's sad...is the fact that just about all of the above were IN THE GAME in previous versions.

EA Sports..."If it's in the game...we're taking it out next year."

# 9 thmst30 @ 04/01/08 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
You won't see any of that..and what's sad...is the fact that just about all of the above were IN THE GAME in previous versions.

EA Sports..."If it's in the game...we're taking it out next year."
I approve THIS message.

# 10 Vince @ 04/01/08 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I officially endorse your approval.
And I back up your endorsement.

# 11 countryboy @ 04/01/08 10:02 PM
Looking forward to some news about NCAA '09. Its never too early to talk football.

# 12 Coach Bryant @ 04/01/08 10:38 PM
I'm excited about this game, but only because I took the step to next gen.

# 13 Altimus @ 04/02/08 03:35 AM
PS3 version has been confirmed @ 60 FPS.

http://www.gametap.com/read/article/4584

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.