Home
Backbreaker News Post

IGN has posted another dev diary for Backbreaker.

Quote:
"To be clear, all of our trailers and videos (incl. those in the dev diaries) have always been captured in-game. No touch-ups or pre-rendered CG. With previous videos, we've moved the cameras around to emphasize or dramatize the action."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 savoie2006 @ 04/16/08 01:19 AM
I may not purchase another football title until this is released.

# 2 nxt @ 04/16/08 04:22 PM
Wow. Call me impressed. I hope this title has some depth to it. I can handle a fictional football title, but of course the gameplay has to be there and it has to have depth (as in single player - franchise mode, as well as online). The animations look sweet though.

# 3 stiffarmleft @ 04/16/08 06:43 PM
I'm just as impressed with the audio as I am with the graphics, it does a good job of capturing the feel of actually running the football, very immersive. The camera is also cool, even though it's from a 3rd person perpective, it has a first person feel to it. Another benefit of the camera is it's limited field of view, which reduces the amount of players that have to be rendered during the play, which should help the frame rate. Unless things change drastically, this will be a first day purchase for me, if anything to support the developers for trying to up the ante.

# 4 tanis38 @ 04/17/08 08:21 PM
Pretty damn sweet!

# 5 fugazi @ 04/17/08 10:45 PM
there was alot to like, but some of those tackling angles were pretty bad and the amount of non-wrap, flying-type tackles was a bit over the top...

still looks pretty cool.

# 6 AuburnAlumni @ 04/18/08 01:54 AM
WOW!

Now...if we could just stick some Officially licensed NFL or NCAA uniforms on those bad boys.

Damn you EA.

# 7 tanis38 @ 04/19/08 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
there was alot to like, but some of those tackling angles were pretty bad and the amount of non-wrap, flying-type tackles was a bit over the top...

still looks pretty cool.
Yeah, I am not liking the fact that every tackle I have seen for this game is some crazy flying tackle. I hope they are just showing those to show off the technology, because the game will be completely non-realistic if those make up 95% of the tackle attempts.

# 8 DubTrey1 @ 04/19/08 11:20 PM
Wjile I have to agree, gameplay and depth are a must for this title, I am interested in seeing how this one shapes up when it hits release. I can look past the NFL teams/real players thing if the gameplay and User creation/edit team/player controls are there. I think this game has some promise and here's to hoping that this title steals some money out of the pocket of EA in order either push them or if all else, utilize the technology themselves....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.