Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 09, as the discuss the online dynasty.

Quote:
"As in the offline dynasty, when playing online, you'll be able to play a week's worth of activities leading up to that Saturday's game during the regular season, as well as the full line-up of offseason activities. The difference here will be that everyone in the dynasty league will need to complete all their week's actions before the league moves on to the next week. Naturally, the commissioner will be able to force the league to move forward if he or she sees fit. What's interesting about the weekly gameplay is that all of the players taking part will be able to play simultaneously. So while your two buddies are playing USC vs. UCLA, you'll be scouting players, while two other friends are recruiting against one another."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 callmetaternuts @ 04/25/08 08:20 AM
This sounds great, plus the fact that everyone can be interacting or doing their own stuff at once, its not turn based.

# 2 noplace @ 04/25/08 08:39 AM
Sounds good. I think it will take forever to complete a season with all the recruiting though. I just hope online pay runs smoother than it did last year...

# 3 jpringle @ 04/25/08 08:57 AM
NCAA 09

I'm so pumped. I have a tear in my eye. Online Dynasty I waited for you for so long.

# 4 hndavis @ 04/25/08 09:05 AM
but what if your a baller and you win every game and win every champioship and get all the good players and the other people get jealous and quit? can u still continue th e dynasty?

# 5 muggins @ 04/25/08 09:20 AM
The article states that the commish can 'advance' the week by pressing a button even if people aren't done with their recruiting or games. I'm guessing it sims them like normal.

# 6 m7406 @ 04/25/08 09:46 AM
This sounds like what I have been waiting for !!!

# 7 KG @ 04/25/08 10:23 AM
This sounds really good

# 8 Brandwin @ 04/25/08 12:13 PM
This sounds good.

# 9 BlyGilmore @ 04/25/08 12:16 PM
i'm pumped for this. assuming the game play is half way decent this is going to be a great feature.

a lot of you guys are going to get super hooked on this feature. it is a completely different ball game when you are trying to recruit and build your team with 11 other guys in the mix doing the same.

games in the regular season are going to be won and lost based on whether you or your rival get that option QB, or stud offensive lineman.

and i think a lot of folks who used to think they were good at recruiting and team building are going to have to second guess themselves ;-)

# 10 KG @ 04/25/08 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
i'm pumped for this. assuming the game play is half way decent this is going to be a great feature.

a lot of you guys are going to get super hooked on this feature. it is a completely different ball game when you are trying to recruit and build your team with 11 other guys in the mix doing the same.

games in the regular season are going to be won and lost based on whether you or your rival get that option QB, or stud offensive lineman.

and i think a lot of folks who used to think they were good at recruiting and team building are going to have to second guess themselves ;-)
hell yeah...no more harvesting all the speed guys who run 4.2 - 4.3s

# 11 Soonerd2 @ 04/25/08 02:09 PM
I'm very excited about this feature, but I hardly ever play online. I play dynasty all the time however.

I dunno, its just a totally different game against a human opponent and I'm afraid I'll kill the CPU all season only to get embarassed by a good human player every bowl game.

Suck it up and get better I guess.

# 12 Solidice @ 04/25/08 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
I'm very excited about this feature, but I hardly ever play online. I play dynasty all the time however.

I dunno, its just a totally different game against a human opponent and I'm afraid I'll kill the CPU all season only to get embarassed by a good human player every bowl game.

Suck it up and get better I guess.
I'm on the same boat as you. i haven't played a NCAA game online since NCAA '04. i play 99% dynasty(i played 1 season of campus legend and a few games of the mini-games in '08, but after that 5 mins were up i went back to dynasty). i think i could hang with people on Offense, but I'm sure my virtual tackling skills will get laughed at, which is strange because i played linebacker in high school football.

# 13 utexas @ 04/25/08 04:45 PM
I am so pumped about this feature. I have been running lgs with the same group of guys since 02' and we are jumping in one together day one!!

# 14 TheGamingChef @ 04/25/08 05:37 PM
This is going to be amazing.

Me and 10 or 11 of my closest friends... each of us controlling a Big 10 or Big XII squad... competing for all recruits in the area...

I will never leave my 360

# 15 thebigcheese918 @ 04/25/08 08:51 PM
i can't wait

# 16 Spectre @ 04/25/08 11:32 PM
Even though I think the gameplay will be crappy (as it seems so far), this feature [/might get me to buy it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.