Home
Madden 09 News Post

GameStop has posted week 3 of their ongoing Madden Mondays feature. This one entitled, Options on Demand.

Quote:
"Realistic action, graphics and presentation are a big draw for Madden NFL games, but having to hit the "pause" button several times a play can slow down the action, which detracts a bit from the realism. In their efforts to keep the action moving at an NFL pace, EA SPORTS has given us an exclusive peek at another new feature for Madden NFL 09: the Options OnDemand Picture-in-Picture Play-call Window."

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 04/28/08 01:08 PM
Looks pretty snazzy.

# 2 SageInfinite @ 04/28/08 01:17 PM
This is actually pretty kool I can't front. Funniest part of that read was that networks will try to emulate madden's presentation this year . Hopefully EA pulls through but, EA should be the ones paying attention to try to emulate TV broadcasts.

# 3 coogrfan @ 04/28/08 01:28 PM
Pic link didn't work for me, so...

# 4 Dame @ 04/28/08 01:40 PM
yeah I like that, keeps the game moving while getting replays and key stats+

# 5 djordan @ 04/28/08 01:42 PM
good looking man..AHHHHH...They need to make the playcall screen smaller...

The gameplay pic looks HOT@@@!!!!

# 6 SageInfinite @ 04/28/08 01:51 PM
I hope they have TV style replays and these are just extra optional replays. I hated how on Madden last gen they showed the replays while you were picking your play. I got delay of game penalties for watching replays. I shouldn't be punished for watching a nice play.

# 7 IGetBiddies @ 04/28/08 01:54 PM
i can't help but wonder when they're going to release some real gameplay info...don't get me wrong all these little graphical features are neat but where are the big features?

# 8 Scott @ 04/28/08 01:56 PM
wow...looks awesome..

# 9 djordan @ 04/28/08 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGetBiddies
i can't help but wonder when they're going to release some real gameplay info...don't get me wrong all these little graphical features are neat but where are the big features?
HAHA.,.just by you saying that means this is a good sign for madden. When you have people wanting more info about features even though they are getting small tidbits is VERY VERY GOOD!

# 10 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 04/28/08 02:00 PM
I mean, its something we used to have back in the day way back. With the little screen showing the replay and stuff. But its nice to see they did it again, and they really cleaned it up. I like the way they used the colors to make it look "futuristic" in some ways.

Slowly getting excited...

# 11 JBucc @ 04/28/08 02:28 PM
Pretty neat.

# 12 thmst30 @ 04/28/08 02:35 PM
Would like to see some more on this "Beyond Broadcast Presentation". I just hope they didn't take it too far and make it so futuristic and unrealistic. Also TV networks wanting to copy Madden's presentation?!?!??! THAT will never happen.

# 13 SageInfinite @ 04/28/08 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Also TV networks wanting to copy Madden's presentation?!?!??! THAT will never happen.
Same thing I said . Man I really hope they still have TV style replays. I'm not trying to get delay of game penalties.

# 14 Scott @ 04/28/08 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Same thing I said . Man I really hope they still have TV style replays. I'm not trying to get delay of game penalties.
I wonder if this means Madden put commercial breaks in now then...haha

# 15 SageInfinite @ 04/28/08 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I wonder if this means Madden put commercial breaks in now then...haha
Lol. Hardcore and casuals would have a problem with this.

# 16 mvb34 @ 04/28/08 03:08 PM
I like it!! but i wonder how the screen is going look when you play head to head against somebody in person.

# 17 ezekiel55 @ 04/28/08 03:20 PM
I'm not diggin it at all...if anything it feels like they are going away from broadcast type presentation and goin for the ESPNEWS in your face information overload...ugh

# 18 Pared @ 04/28/08 03:23 PM
Nice nice... I'm liking the look of it. Images/graphics look very high-res... will look gorgeous on my HDTV.

# 19 poster @ 04/28/08 03:53 PM
Will they show stat overlays when the game is back to showing the field of play? What I see is nice, but TV style broadcasts show player and team stats while we see the field of play. I hope it just isn't stuffed inside the playcall menu.

# 20 yamabushi @ 04/28/08 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekey55
I'm not diggin it at all...if anything it feels like they are going away from broadcast type presentation and goin for the ESPNEWS in your face information overload...ugh
Agreed, Im all for the 'idea' but the execution... way to busy and cluttered looking, reminds me of a myspace page.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.