Home
News Post

I had the opportunity to capture some footage and check out some of the new features of NFL Head Coach 09, while chatting it up with one of the Producers.

NFL Head Coach 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PVarck31 @ 05/09/08 01:40 AM
That looks really cool.

# 2 bcruise @ 05/09/08 03:58 AM
Hey, I hear the "Americas Game" theme from the NFL Network there in the background...love that piece. Odd that with the ESPN license and all, that the NFLN would be more prominently used.

# 3 bcruise @ 05/09/08 04:09 AM
One other thing about the gameplay - the accelerated clock and 15 minute quarters is all well and good, but it ain't gonna mean jack if the game clock is accelerated while the play clock runs normally. Watch closely during the gameplay segments.

Other than that, it's looking really good so far.

# 4 studbucket @ 05/09/08 09:10 AM
Cool, thanks for the video! It does look like it has improved from the original.

However, I have to say that on camera, the EA guy's voice sounds exactly like mine, and it was strange watching a video where it sounded like I was narrating it.

# 5 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 05/09/08 02:02 PM
Amen at this producer. Listen at 3:15 and on. This guy is a genius, finally somebody doing what they should have been focusing on for years

# 6 bcruise @ 05/09/08 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
Amen at this producer. Listen at 3:15 and on. This guy is a genius, finally somebody doing what they should have been focusing on for years
Is that where he starts talking about getting 120 plays and good tackle #'s? I agree, we haven't heard that kinda stuff from EA very often...

# 7 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 05/09/08 02:26 PM
^ I was actually talking about "getting the AI right" Where he would talk about how stupid it is to face a team that picked a QB or RB that didnt even make sense. Or a team that has like 3 QBs on its roster, and still drafts a QB in the first round.

# 8 Ninjoid @ 05/09/08 06:00 PM
The game looks great. So much depth and the AI looks like it's going to be really smart - it's early days and time will tell once the game is released but at last someone that is interested in getting the realism right...roll on release...

# 9 CM Hooe @ 05/09/08 11:12 PM
I'm trying not to build it up and have it be a let down, but this game looks phenomenal.

# 10 poster @ 05/10/08 11:30 AM
Wow that looks very impressive. Thanks for the clip Steve!

# 11 JohnDoe8865 @ 05/10/08 01:31 PM
Damn I am hyped for Head Coach this year, that was an awesome video and I'm so glad that we aren't stuck with 5 minute quarters anymore!!

# 12 BrianFifaFan @ 05/10/08 06:29 PM
I think I'm doin the bundle!

# 13 J-Unit40 @ 05/11/08 10:29 AM
This game looks pretty cool. One thing I noticed right away is the camera angle. I wish that were a camera angle we could have on NCAA (or Madden) and actually use it during a game instead of just replays.

# 14 therizing02 @ 05/11/08 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
This game looks pretty cool. One thing I noticed right away is the camera angle. I wish that were a camera angle we could have on NCAA (or Madden) and actually use it during a game instead of just replays.
Absolutely! It's a great camera angle. I think the producer was right when he said this game could be the "dark horse" of the year.

Day one purchase for me. No doubt about it.

# 15 bad_philanthropy @ 05/12/08 03:52 AM
The game looks fantastic. The thing that is painful about this is that the guy who is talking in the video hasn't been working on Madden's franchise mode, or Madden at all. The guy seems no nonsense no excuses if Head Coach pans out to the standard he seems to be creating for it I will be very impressed with his abilities.

# 16 Step2001 @ 05/12/08 07:55 AM
The producer talked about future players in the draft. That there would be "the next Elway"! A small player from a tiny college!

Now, is this scripted? Will there always be a "next Elway" type QB?
Because since Elway was drafted in 83 & retired in 1998. There has not been another Elway type QB that has come into the NFL!

Each Franchise you play you deal with a totally different situation.

# 17 bcruise @ 05/12/08 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
The producer talked about future players in the draft. That there would be "the next Elway"! A small player from a tiny college!

Now, is this scripted? Will there always be a "next Elway" type QB?
Because since Elway was drafted in 83 & retired in 1998. There has not been another Elway type QB that has come into the NFL!

Each Franchise you play you deal with a totally different situation.
I'm sure the draft classes will be preset just like the original NFLHC, if he made a comment like that. They almost have to be for the NFL network guy to say soundbites about them regarding the draft. But....that doesn't mean the results are always going to be the same. If this guy never reaches his full potential (due to injuries, etc.), does he even become "The Next Elway?"

# 18 mercalnd @ 05/12/08 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm sure the draft classes will be preset just like the original NFLHC, if he made a comment like that. They almost have to be for the NFL network guy to say soundbites about them regarding the draft. But....that doesn't mean the results are always going to be the same. If this guy never reaches his full potential (due to injuries, etc.), does he even become "The Next Elway?"
I agree. Also, by doing it this way they can ensure a better variety and realism from the draft classes than they can from classes generated by NCAA.

# 19 ChicagoSparty @ 05/12/08 06:26 PM
Looks great. I'm buying it.

# 20 JRod @ 05/12/08 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
If this was any other company I would say you could be right. Problem is EA doesn't do things like this.

The draft class sounds like it will be scripted or at least the first couple of years. I would love to see 6th rounders become Brady or Terrell Davis but I'm hesitant because of EA's track record.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.