Home
Madden 09 News Post

IGN has posted new videos of Madden NFL 09.

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 spankdatazz22 @ 06/01/08 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You have every right to criticize it. Like I said, I don't understand what you hope to accomplish by criticizing something that is already been mentioned as not being fixed for this year's game.
That's the part I don't get - so if they acknowledge it's "wrong" or won't be addressed this year, it's no longer valid to criticize it? Given all the positive views from this weekend's community day, you'd think there's not much wrong w/the game - because the stuff that's wrong will be addressed in the future. The OL/DL WR/DB interaction, the QB play, etc. have all been weak spots in the game for the past several years. But since Ian's admitted they're weak spots or won't be addressed at all this year... they're issues that can no longer be criticized? That's what I meant by it seeming as if some want to have it both ways - let's praise all that's good; whatever's bad let's get them to admit to it and move on. So in a way the game gets praise for everything it does well while getting a pass for what it doesn't - as long as they admit it doesn't do [xxx] well. I think the vast majority of us really appreciate EA's direct interaction w/the board, but I don't think even they would ask that people to wonder why whatever-feature hasn't been addressed

# 82 countryboy @ 06/01/08 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
That's the part I don't get - so if they acknowledge it's "wrong" or won't be addressed this year, it's no longer valid to criticize it? Given all the positive views from this weekend's community day, you'd think there's not much wrong w/the game - because the stuff that's wrong will be addressed in the future. The OL/DL WR/DB interaction, the QB play, etc. have all been weak spots in the game for the past several years. But since Ian's admitted they're weak spots or won't be addressed at all this year... they're issues that can no longer be criticized? That's what I meant by it seeming as if some want to have it both ways - let's praise all that's good; whatever's bad let's get them to admit to it and move on. So in a way the game gets praise for everything it does well while getting a pass for what it doesn't - as long as they admit it doesn't do [xxx] well. I think the vast majority of us really appreciate EA's direct interaction w/the board, but I don't think even they would ask that people to wonder why whatever-feature hasn't been addressed
my original post was uncalled for and for that I apologize to Rocky and yourself. You have every right to criticize the game for its shortcomings. I guess what I don't get is why criticize it continously, instead of offering up suggestions and speaking in dialogue with Ian to see how it can be remedied.

Again, you have every right to criticize something that you feel the need deserves it and again, my original post on this matter was uncalled for and plain wrong, and I apologize.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.