Home
News Post

The NCAA Football 09 demo is available. Let us know what you think.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SteelerSpartan @ 06/19/08 06:26 AM
ahh its going now

# 22 boritter @ 06/19/08 06:27 AM
My impressions after one game:

Concerns:
*Too many injuries. There were 4 injuries in 6 minutes.
*I thought we had a small amount of new commentary added this year? Sounded like same old Corso to me.
*Commentary was wrong. ("That brings up 4th down" when it's really 2nd).
*Tweaked kicking meter feels gimmicky.
*Mascot celebrations feel forced.

Pros:
*Gameplay more fluid.
*Graphics, textures are better than 08.
*No play call screen lag. Hope that holds up online.

Also, how is complaining about downloading issues a demo impression? Or how much of the demo you've downloaded?

I know this stuff can be annoying but.....
Let's discuss the demo.

# 23 Hoos @ 06/19/08 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Same here, WTF?!

After a couple minutes and a few more tries it is starting to download. 8%
Persistance

On a side, I might have to climb up on my desk and mount the monitor to get at your avatar.....DAYUUUUM !!

You know that girl ???

# 24 vanderbiltfan87 @ 06/19/08 06:35 AM
played two games and..

the bad:
~commentating error - said it was 4th down when it was only 3rd
~cpu pass efficiency - cpu had maybe 4 incompletes out of 40

the good:
~atmosphere - feels much more like a college game and i cannot wait to mess with stadium sounds
~game play - simply better overall than the last 2 years, definitely more wide open, actually fun
~visually - the game looks great, i was in awe when i looked into the back of the endzone and saw the cheerleaders along with a tunnel and great lighting behind it

these are just a few observations. i probably have more but am tired. i'm really excited about this game because i wasn't let down at all. i kind of wish the demo would have come out just a week before the actual release. these next 24 (?) days are going to suck.

# 25 clemtgrrb5 @ 06/19/08 06:37 AM
the computer fumbled on it's very first two plays. it recovered the first one and then turned it over on the next play. those were the only two fumbles or int's. corner routes still work the same. only chris wells got injuried. i won in ot 20-17 as osu.

# 26 texbuk84 @ 06/19/08 06:49 AM
demo is hot. just got finish playing through a tough 7-3 win against the buckeyes(i was LSU). at the end of the game, i punted the ball and the bucks returned it to my 9 yard line with 7 secounds left. the qb threw a jump ball in the corner where his reciever came down with it but my free safety after a great hit stick knocked the ball loose and we won the game. very exciting. i also noticed 3-4 new tackling animations, the player models are phenomonal, and the wholes the o-line create are huge. they fly to the ball quick though( just like the buckeyes). this was a wonderful experience, now im about to play with the buckeyes and see what happen

# 27 broncos24 @ 06/19/08 06:56 AM
to much sacks. either that or i suck.

# 28 texbuk84 @ 06/19/08 06:56 AM
yo check out the screen plays this year. My Goodness the blockers wait for the play to be set up and the rb fakes the screens damn i cant wait until July 15

WAIT A MINUTE I GUESS I HAVE NO CHOICE.

# 29 Cubfan @ 06/19/08 06:58 AM
Great demo. Just finished my first game and i played as LSU and i lost to Ohio St. 3-0 on a late 4th quater fg. Ohio St was able to throw the ball down the field with little trouble. Ohio St did throw 2 interceptions and i threw 1. I didn't complete alot of passes. At one point i beleve i was 4/20. With 1 second left in the game i had to throw a hale marry to try and win the game what was really cool Ohio St had sent 4 extra db's back. One of them knocked down the pass. It wasn't going to make it in to the end zone in the first place.

# 30 JMD @ 06/19/08 07:14 AM
I just played one game I was Ohio State, I won easily 21-0.

The stadiums , field and players look great, the crowd looks horrible.
The feel of the game was fairly smooth, players moved well and reacted well.
I was still able to scramble out to the right or left and hit the WR on the crossing pattern 90% of the time, not good, makes the game too easy.
I like being able to break out of some tackles with the HB. I had one nice 17 yard run where I broke a tackle and hurdled over another defender and got in for the TD.

Hot routing on offense seemed to work well. I sent the outside WR on a deep post because the defender was lined up tight on him, I had the feeling the WR would blow by him, he did, easy 6 points. When I tried it again the defender played off him a bit and stayed with him down the field so the defense did make the adjustment, that's a good thing.

Turnovers were not an issue. I got one INT after I coached my players to "get the ball back" Nice feature, they responded in kind with an INT. I also threw one INT, my fault never should have thrown into double coverage.

I noticed one person felt there were too many sacks. I had 3 sacks, all came when I blitzed the right and middle linebackers out of the 4-3 formation. The cpu sacked me once.

All in all I liked it, but I'll have to play at least half a season with the full game to give an complete impression of the game.

I'd say the demo is good enough for me to buy the full game.

# 31 allconsoles @ 06/19/08 07:17 AM
i am going to guess # 2 is terrelle Pryor

# 32 billysims @ 06/19/08 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
I might have to climb up on my desk and mount the monitor to get at your avatar.....
Eeeww....

# 33 bad_philanthropy @ 06/19/08 07:42 AM
I like what I see. The game has a very good feel, it should be a fun experience this year. Overall it just looks better in motion, much less clumsy than last year. Gameplay wise I saw some positive things, but I will say that the mechanic in place to create those big holes at the LoS seems a little bit too deliberate. I was impressed by the spread additions to LSU's playbook (though it is missing the pistol formation).

Overall it does look to be a solid improvement over last year not a huge improvement overall for the series and not really much of a step forward, if anything it seems more like a replacement foundation block for the series on this gen.

The thing that stood out to me the most in comparison to '08 was that this looks and feels much more like football.

# 34 kmp714 @ 06/19/08 07:44 AM
It felt like the pass rush "bug" is a non issue. Now I wasn't able to get that much pressure with my front four, but that isn't any different than previous versions of NCAA.

And the cpu actually got some pressure on me, pretty good for playing on Varsity.

You see we were all worried about nothing.

# 35 Geauxldenboy @ 06/19/08 08:17 AM
I just finished a 4OT game where my Tigers were able to pull it out 31-23.

Pros:
-Overall player control is tight and responsive
-HFA feels right, not overdone
-The pass rush doesn't feel any worse than other years, in fact I saw new pass rush moves
-CPU called a pretty good game
-Little stuff like a LB trying to runback what he thinks might be a fumble
-Both QBs were able to get the ball into small windows
-Option was well defended
-Expanded play books

Cons:
-Run blocking on some plays needs work
-1 or 2 busted coverages that you would hope wouldn't happen, but they happen in real life at times as well

That was after my initial game, I'm sure that more will come to mind the more I play. Overall, I think that it was fun.

# 36 Blitzburgh @ 06/19/08 08:23 AM
Just played the first half and all I can say is this is a great game so far. I must be really bad because I'm losing 14-0 so far. It looks great and the controls seem pretty good so far. I took last year off so this year is a big leap to me. If Madden is better than this then we have two great games to play this year!

# 37 Skyboxer @ 06/19/08 08:32 AM
This may be too much to ask but......
For those stuck at work intil later this afternoon can someone post some vids?
No problem if not.

Thanks!

# 38 SoMiss2000 @ 06/19/08 08:38 AM
played for a bit. Game is an upgrade over last year's game. I haven't read much on 09 but i like the new additions so far. Just hope dynasty mode is not as tedious.

# 39 mdgoalie37 @ 06/19/08 08:42 AM
I haven't had a chance to touch it yet (at work) but from teh impressions posted, the scores seem kinda high for an 8 minute game (many are in the 20's). Many here play 8 minute quarters, so you are looking at 80 point games if you figure the same pace.

Those that have played - do you think that this is an issue or just a by-product of trying to air it out (on Varsity) and trying to score as quickly as possible.

# 40 Geauxldenboy @ 06/19/08 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I haven't had a chance to touch it yet (at work) but from teh impressions posted, the scores seem kinda high for an 8 minute game (many are in the 20's). Many here play 8 minute quarters, so you are looking at 80 point games if you figure the same pace.

Those that have played - do you think that this is an issue or just a by-product of trying to air it out (on Varsity) and trying to score as quickly as possible.
I think its just the air-it-out mentality vs. varsity that makes the scores seem high. My game was 14-14 until OT.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.