Home
News Post

My dad's back seems to be getting much better, as we went fishing over the weekend. Nat caught the first fish, but other than that, nobody caught a thing. There were some people jumping off the bridge into the lake where we fish, so that was entertaining.

I asked Nat what she wished she had. She says, 3 eyes. I ask why and she responds, "Duh daddy, so I can be better at Eye Spy". I lost it.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: How was your weekend?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

msuchancey (30), Jonesey (24)

Member Comments
# 1 boomhauertjs @ 06/23/08 09:24 AM
QOTD: Fun weekend. Went back to my alma mater for "Reunion Weekend." It's good to go back and see how campus is changing (or has stayed the same). Every time I go back I realize how much I loved college and how lucky I was to go to such a great school like the University of Dayton.

# 2 Scott @ 06/23/08 09:27 AM
Gonna study some more for my menu test for my new job tomorrow

QOTD: Weekend was pretty good, just did yard work and played some NCAA Football.

# 3 bigwill33 @ 06/23/08 09:42 AM
Gonna be a sad day for a lot of folks with the passing of Carlin.

# 4 nyisles16 @ 06/23/08 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Gonna be a sad day for a lot of folks with the passing of Carlin.
Agreed.. the guy could make people laugh, and he was good at it...

QOTD. Started the ball running on "wedding planning". We were set for a Sept 2010 wedding, but we got a great deal on the price of the reception if we booked for Memorial/Labor Day reception (saved $5k). So we decided to do Memorial Day, knowing that more people would be around then, plus made the party 12-5, so people don't have to really worry about getting up early the next day for work..

Otherwise my weekend was pretty much the same - worked..

# 5 BlyGilmore @ 06/23/08 11:06 AM
Sad to hear about Carlin.

He had a funny joke in one of his comedy specials about the Comedian Heart Attack Olympics, how Richard Pryor had a heart attack, Carlin had a heart attack, Pryor set himself on fire and Carlins said "forget that - i'm just gonna have another heart attack."

My weekend was spent playing some NCAA Football 09 demo and watching a ton of movies.

# 6 racerx @ 06/23/08 01:07 PM
Still getting adjusted to our newborn baby. I have this week off as well, then go back to work on Monday June 30.
We took him to his first Birthday party on Sat and he did good, he slept most of it and only got up twice for feedings. Then spent some time with the NCAA 09 demo, only 3 more weeks to go.

How do some of you guys juggle your time with gaming and raising a newborn baby?

# 7 Jonesey @ 06/23/08 01:18 PM
yay! Happy Birthday to me!

# 8 rspencer86 @ 06/23/08 01:42 PM
Fishing sounds fun, I haven't been fishing in several years.

Weekend was pretty good, just relaxed and enjoyed the great weather. The Royals were able to take 2 of 3 from the Giants, so that was good as well.

Carlin was THE best comedian I've ever seen, bar none. Not a whole lot of people my age appreciate him as much as older people do, but I loved all of his stuff. Sad to see him go.

# 9 Steve_OS @ 06/23/08 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
Still getting adjusted to our newborn baby. I have this week off as well, then go back to work on Monday June 30.
We took him to his first Birthday party on Sat and he did good, he slept most of it and only got up twice for feedings. Then spent some time with the NCAA 09 demo, only 3 more weeks to go.

How do some of you guys juggle your time with gaming and raising a newborn baby?
Just gotta work it in between the naps and staying up all night

# 10 RaychelSnr @ 06/23/08 06:33 PM
Well....it is officially Monday. I had company all weekend, had to set some roommates straight and am now happy it's the week again. Did anyone notice the extreme void of good sports on this weekend? Baseball was on as usual, but that's something I expect. Ladies and gentlemen, we have baseball to carry us through to Football season. The great void of sports has begun

# 11 Acid @ 06/23/08 09:33 PM
QOTD: Won our playoff game on Friday night against our "rivals". The douchebags leveled one of our girls (we play co-ed soccer), and our game ended in a fight, for like the third time.

Saturday, I went to my friend's little sister's birthday party which was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Sunday, I didn't do anything.

# 12 CPRoark @ 06/23/08 11:13 PM
I was in Baltimore over the weekend to see a comedian at a club, then hit the Aquarium.

Sorry to see Carlin pass away. Actually, I know him less as a comedian than as an actor. When I was little he was a character on Shining Time Station (Thomas the Tank Engine, etc.). I think he took over for Ringo Starr. And I liked him as the "stoner van" in Cars.

# 13 davin @ 06/24/08 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Well....it is officially Monday. I had company all weekend, had to set some roommates straight and am now happy it's the week again. Did anyone notice the extreme void of good sports on this weekend? Baseball was on as usual, but that's something I expect. Ladies and gentlemen, we have baseball to carry us through to Football season. The great void of sports has begun
Can there be any more correct terming than "great void of sports"? For me, no. I don't get nascar in the slightest, golf is ok, baseball I like but I cannot watch a lot of it. I open up the sports section every morning, and am done with it in less than 2 minutes. I really only measure the sports world in terms of football seasons and basketball. Thus the summer is really sad. This year we at least get the olympics.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.