Home
News Post

Dave Branda has just posted our first look of FIFA Soccer 09. Check out the article for several new details on this year's EA Sports soccer game.

Quote:
"One big addition to FIFA 09 is a robust tactics system. Players are able to edit their teams strategy for defense, attack, and goal scoring methods. The goal of this new system is to make each match unique from any match played before, while also creating the ebb and flow, give and take of a real soccer match."

FIFA Soccer 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Soccer 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Soccer 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
FIFA Soccer 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BrianFifaFan @ 07/01/08 12:07 PM
Liking the article. Disagree about the 4 year thing. These guys aren't NFL RB's. 10 years would've been a lot better.....But still, bring it on! I'm a Fanboy!

P.S. They still have a little ways to go in regards to being #1 in gameplay. But they're getting it there......

# 2 poster @ 07/01/08 12:38 PM
4 years is short, but being able to play in Champions League and national team games is awesome. I hope you can jump right into the Champions League or UEFA Cup games in year 1, although not sure if they can program the teams into this mode?

# 3 Acid @ 07/01/08 12:40 PM
If you can play in international matches during the Be a Pro career, does that mean that international matches will have a role in Manager Mode?

# 4 Acid @ 07/01/08 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
4 years is short, but being able to play in Champions League and national team games is awesome. I hope you can jump right into the Champions League or UEFA Cup games in year 1, although not sure if they can program the teams into this mode?
With FIFA 07, they randomly generated the teams. I'd rather have nothing in the first year than random teams in Champions League.

# 5 poster @ 07/01/08 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
If you can play in international matches during the Be a Pro career, does that mean that international matches will have a role in Manager Mode?
I too will pray.

Quote:
With FIFA 07, they randomly generated the teams. I'd rather have nothing in the first year than random teams in Champions League.
Good point.

# 6 Altimus @ 07/01/08 12:54 PM
Just read the PS3 version is getting some exclusive mode. Wonder what it is?

# 7 BROman @ 07/01/08 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I too will pray.

me three, that'd be awesome if int'l teams were job options, but ima guess no considering that there are only 40 teams.

# 8 Acid @ 07/01/08 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
me three, that'd be awesome if int'l teams were job options, but ima guess no considering that there are only 40 teams.
By international games playing a role in Manager Mode, I meant players going away on international duty. So like instead of playing your first team, you'd have to play some subs and reserves for a game or two.

I think it'd be a great way to keep your manager mode fresh and not using the same players all the time.

# 9 devilsjaw @ 07/01/08 01:08 PM
Quote:
By international games playing a role in Manager Mode, I meant players going away on international duty. So like instead of playing your first team, you'd have to play some subs and reserves for a game or two.

I think it'd be a great way to keep your manager mode fresh and not using the same players all the time.
Hopefully you're right. That and let us be able to see what's happening in the other leagues.

# 10 BlyGilmore @ 07/01/08 01:22 PM
i have no inside knowledge but i wouldn't get your hopes up about international games in Manager Mode. That'd be a fairly big addition and my guess is they would have touted it as a new addition to the game.

Then again they also didn't talk about Manager Mode much so maybe there's more to come?

# 11 BlyGilmore @ 07/01/08 01:25 PM
and i agree about four seasons - my first thought when I heard that was "why limit it to just four seasons??"

IMO it should be more like a max of 20 years - letting you create an 18 year old who starts out in a lower league and slowly progress him to the point he gets to the top teams and international duty.

To create a brand new player from scratch in one of the lower leagues and get him to international legend status would take heaps of experience points each match.

plus to me part of the fun would be transfering and bouncing around from team to team. starting for a team like Southend United, then moving to a Liverpool before transfering to Schalke 04 or Napoli. Can't really pull that off in four seasons if you want to accomplish anything (and that's exactly what I did as a manager in FIFA 08).

# 12 BrianFifaFan @ 07/01/08 03:07 PM
Quote:

I liked that about 07 on PC. I'd lose about 3-4 guys off of Man U to int'l duty. Made me think about my backups and what formations to play to maximize my chances. Also, I had to play those guys to keep their form up.

# 13 BrianFifaFan @ 07/01/08 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
The computer is gonna be confounded by my soccer strategy, since I basically apply none.
I like that........

# 14 Bodsy_lol @ 07/01/08 05:51 PM
Never liked be-a-pro

never will.

# 15 btown12 @ 07/01/08 06:54 PM
Agree with everyone on the 4 year limit on Be-A-Pro......really would be nice to play in more than one World Cup/Euro/Olympics/etc... for your country and of course be able to play on a few club teams without it being a one year deal.

I would really love if you started out playing in either the U-17 or U-20 World Cup for your country, then got club offers based on your performance in those tournaments, then you start off your career. Seems simple enough, there are similar structures in place in games like NCAA Football or MLB The Show, don't see why it wouldn't work in FIFA.

# 16 bad_philanthropy @ 07/01/08 09:49 PM
I'm excited about a lot for the game. Eager to hear about what is new and fixed in manager mode, but limiting be a pro to four year basically makes the mode useless this year. I want to be able to start as a kid and progress to the big stage in my career.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.