Home
News Post

1up has posted their preview of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09.

Quote:
"This year's new feature, Dynamic Skill, measures your ability on the course, raising or lowering your skills across a variety of traits (power, accuracy, short game, and putting) accordingly. While this is an interesting addition, it seems designed to curb the rebellious videogame golfers (like yours truly) from finding ways to cheat the course."

Game: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 orthostud23 @ 07/10/08 07:18 PM
After watching all the videos on IGN I have one conclusion right now. They are not getting my money this year. Every year since Links left me I have had to purchase a golf game. Why?? Because I just love golf. This year though I wanted to see improvements. I wanted to see a truly analog putting interface where I control the distance and not a distance that is preset. I wanted to see 50 yard pitch shots LOOK and feel like 50 yard pitch shots. After some of the vids you might see the person stop at about 60% but the character still finishes like he took a full swing. I want to be able to move my ball back or forward in my stance, short putts, almost tap-ins still have a long follow through. I know the game is still early but with about 6 weeks til release and only 4 weeks roughly left til it goes gold then I dont see them making enough changes to get my dinero. WHEN AT E3 can you PLEASE ask 2K to dig up the links build and put it on the 360!!

# 2 OnlookerDelay @ 07/10/08 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
I wanted to see a truly analog putting interface where I control the distance and not a distance that is preset. I wanted to see 50 yard pitch shots LOOK and feel like 50 yard pitch shots.
You're all over it orthostud23! These thoughts went through my head as I watched the vids. I'm not seeing anything in the videos thus far that suggests to me that this year's game will have any more feel in its interface than the last three years. I don't know why EA Sports can't get at least a hint of proportional, inertial physics in its swing interface... Links 2004 did it.

Another thing that has put me off about this game is the ball-cam only presentation. I play strictly in Tour mode and I find the ball-cam to be a major disconnect in terms of player perspective. I wish they'd offer some camera control options, but I've seen nothing to suggest that there's any relief for this year's game in that department. OTOH, I've seen a few mid-range putts hold the golfer's perspective view thriugh completion, so maybe there's hope?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.