Home
News Post

EA Sports just sent us these NBA Live 09 summer camp photos and screenshots.

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 rockchisler @ 07/31/08 08:54 PM
Wow....... players standing around in their mo cap out fits great, How bout gameplay videos..I think that would be better..

# 2 RICH72601 @ 07/31/08 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Wow....... players standing around in their mo cap out fits great, How bout gameplay videos..I think that would be better..
I definitely agree. I'm guessing we won't get any real gameplay until Madden drops.

# 3 Shinyhubcaps @ 07/31/08 10:25 PM
It's funny that they used the same mo-cap people as NBA 2K8 (Iggy, Rudy, and Roy). The gameplay screens are nice, but the names across the crawl still bug me. I'd also like to see more gameplay videos, but they have plenty of time.

# 4 RICH72601 @ 07/31/08 10:33 PM
If I was Rudy Gay, I'd be mad and would say to EA, "who is that dude wearing my jersey?". They actually have him in the studio and still can't get his face right. Funny

# 5 Indiedog @ 08/01/08 12:53 PM
In 2008, why is Mocap still a PR story? The fact that EA peddles this same story EVERY YEAR and the gaming media fawns over it just encourages EA to be lazy.

# 6 stephensonmc @ 08/01/08 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiedog
In 2008, why is Mocap still a PR story? The fact that EA peddles this same story EVERY YEAR and the gaming media fawns over it just encourages EA to be lazy.
How is having actual NBA players in for mo-cap sessions not a story? Andre Iguodala's sig shot will be in, and the other players will have their signature movements in the game.

I thought authenticity was super important around these parts?

# 7 DakkoN @ 08/01/08 02:46 PM
The thing about signature shot mocapping is it's usually done in the context of a player being left wide open and thus, is usually a much slower and laid back shot than what you would see in an actual game. The "other game" had Iguodala, Gerald Wallace, Chris Paul, and Rudy Gay and all 4 of those shots were jacked up because they were capped from players jacking around like they were practicing. Chris Paul's shot was damn near flat footed and leaning to the side like he wasn't even trying, one of the slowest and easiest to block shots on the game too. I guess what I'm trying to say is that mocapping sig shot is only going to be good if they run well in the context of a real game instead of only being good if there's not a guy within 15 feet of you, or if you are in a practice gym.

# 8 rockchisler @ 08/01/08 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
How is having actual NBA players in for mo-cap sessions not a story? Andre Iguodala's sig shot will be in, and the other players will have their signature movements in the game.

I thought authenticity was super important around these parts?
I understand what both you guys are saying. But in defense of the poster, EA every year has mo cap Nba players come through and mocap which is great but now if you said over the summer we brought in the whole Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Heat team to mocap now that would be nuts...... looking at mocap screenies does absolutley nothing 4 me towards buying the game, now videos of different teams would be crazy. Like Pistons today , Heat tommorrow, Jazz the next day, that gets people hype, Just my thought

# 9 bigeastbumrush @ 08/01/08 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
\but now if you said over the summer we brought in the whole Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Heat team to mocap now that would be nuts
Dude, now you're just being ridiculous.

# 10 rockchisler @ 08/01/08 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Dude, now you're just being ridiculous.
Im just making a point, I know that will not ever happen, what Im saying is we dont need mo cap screens of players in mo cap suits.

# 11 jewelz1132 @ 08/01/08 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
The thing about signature shot mocapping is it's usually done in the context of a player being left wide open and thus, is usually a much slower and laid back shot than what you would see in an actual game. The "other game" had Iguodala, Gerald Wallace, Chris Paul, and Rudy Gay and all 4 of those shots were jacked up because they were capped from players jacking around like they were practicing. Chris Paul's shot was damn near flat footed and leaning to the side like he wasn't even trying, one of the slowest and easiest to block shots on the game too. I guess what I'm trying to say is that mocapping sig shot is only going to be good if they run well in the context of a real game instead of only being good if there's not a guy within 15 feet of you, or if you are in a practice gym.
you are 100% correct..I felt that the jumpers they showed in create a player where 10x better than the in game shots because they were slow and they jumped too high

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.