Home
Madden 09 News Post

Feel free to discuss the patch here. According to EA's Phil Frazier, this is what the patch addressed.

Quote:
  • Changed default quarter length of online leagues to 5 minutes.
  • Solved a very rare stability issue that occured when using a couple of playbooks.
  • Eliminated a button mashing glitch during high latency online games.
  • Eliminated a stability issue that sometimes occured while viewing the player HUB in online leagues.
  • Fixed a tricky disc eject glitch that occured at specific points of online games.
  • Kick Return Tuning - made improvements to help reduce frequent long kick returns.
  • Safety Tuning - eliminated issue where safeties in deep zone coverage would sometimes not react to a run to their side.
  • The game skill slider for interceptions was tuned to amplify it's affect.

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Tomba @ 08/20/08 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Is there anyword on Patch 2 is any?

I'm thinking around next week with all the "stuff/rumors' i've been able to gather...

# 62 BezO @ 08/20/08 04:46 PM
What's the best way to get a patch to someone without internet access? Is it something that can be put on a memory card?

# 63 ExtremeGamer @ 08/20/08 06:11 PM
I just got an update for Madden again when starting up. Any ideas?

# 64 skevlin @ 08/20/08 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Me Too

# 65 SirRoyal @ 08/20/08 06:46 PM
I didn't on 360

# 66 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/20/08 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
haven't turned on my PS3, I hope someone from EA can confirm this, I hope the update is something good.

# 67 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/21/08 09:36 AM
just turned my ps3 on and no update for me.

# 68 cjallure24 @ 08/21/08 08:56 PM
Is the Safety issue addressed in this patch or is it still noticeable....And if anyone could help me I just moved into my new apartment and Im switching to Comcast Internet from Verizon and my Xbox won't connect to the internet for some reason even though I run the ethernet cord from my comcast modem to my 360...If any could help I would greaty appreciate it.

# 69 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/21/08 09:27 PM
Honestly, I hope Ian reads this, You guys really need to add CPU sliders, thats a must man, the game would be amazing if you do this, also you need to patch how quick the CPU snaps the ball, it's just not real at all, and it's really frustrating a lot. I can understand if you can't patch the CPU sliders in because it just can't be done, but if it could be, you need to do. The game is great but really starting to make me not want to play it anymore. I wish IAN or someone can confirm what there working on and if they are going to add CPU sliders to make this the best Madden ever. I just can;t get myself to play Madden right now,I play and then quite because I'm frustrated. Give us an update Please!

# 70 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/22/08 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
I'm confused. The game is so great you don't want to play it?!
What I was meaning to say the game could be great if these two issues are fixed.

# 71 joet6683 @ 08/22/08 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Is the Safety issue addressed in this patch or is it still noticeable....And if anyone could help me I just moved into my new apartment and Im switching to Comcast Internet from Verizon and my Xbox won't connect to the internet for some reason even though I run the ethernet cord from my comcast modem to my 360...If any could help I would greaty appreciate it.
that happened to me once 5 years ago or so...I found out the cable company (comcast) required me to purchase an additional IP address because of this. I was pretty pissed, i think it was something like 10 dollars a month. But I hooked up my router to get my computers connected, I tried again with the xbox and it worked - hooking it up through the router.

Long story short - If you hook up directly to the cable modem, cable companies may requre you to purchase another IP address for a gaming console. You can do that, or use a router (wired or wireless, both worked for me) to avoid having to do that.

That might be your problem, pending any unforseen issues like a bad cable or something.

# 72 sleezy101 @ 08/22/08 05:47 PM
I put my madden 09 in my 360 today and there was a new update. Anyone else get this?

# 73 sandershokie @ 08/22/08 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleezy101
I put my madden 09 in my 360 today and there was a new update. Anyone else get this?
yeah i got it as well. is it a new patch?

# 74 Moegames @ 08/22/08 07:51 PM
Quote:
Ah man..come on dude, stop it..use your head, think about it, look around

# 75 sleezy101 @ 08/22/08 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Ah man..come on dude, stop it..use your head, think about it, look around
Ok im not sure what u meant by that, but this is a new update im talking about not patch #1, this is one i got today.

# 76 Birdman18 @ 08/22/08 09:19 PM
Quote:
Ok im not sure what u meant by that, but this is a new update im talking about not patch #1, this is one i got today.

hey man, i got it too... and i already have patch 1 downloaded and i didnt clear my cache because i dont know how to do that... so i dunno..

# 77 03MstGT290 @ 08/22/08 10:04 PM
I just put Madden in for 360 and there was no update

No playing please

# 78 sleezy101 @ 08/22/08 10:58 PM
Hopefully we can get an explanation for this update

# 79 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/23/08 11:33 PM
Quote:
I put madden on the shelf until EA can respond to some of these issues and and man up and fix these issue and give us some info!

# 80 Herky @ 08/24/08 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I put madden on the shelf until EA can respond to some of these issues and and man up and fix these issue and give us some info!
Same here. NCAA is MUCH better after the patch and that's my football fix for now. I was living with some of the issues in Madden until I got the dreaded freezes recently.

EA needs step up and talk about progression, and if editing players stops it. The lack of accountability there is upsetting to me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.