Home
News Post

Gamespot has posted 4 NBA 2K9 screenshots.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 chance @ 08/21/08 06:40 PM
These screens are old because of the holes in the jerseys numbers and the all the players had on generic shoes. In the teasers both of those problems were not there.

# 22 Muzyk23 @ 08/21/08 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The screens have got to be early. I don't think 2k would let the game ship with those jerseys looking like that. Especially since they've never had this problem before. Since none of the players have sig shoes either, I'm hoping this is just due to an early build.
they are early for sure..look at the shoes

# 23 DakkoN @ 08/21/08 06:42 PM
It wouldn't look that bad if the whole jersey wasn't like that.. But the way it is now, the number, logo, and arm/neck stripes all have the holes

# 24 SimBaller @ 08/21/08 07:04 PM
Old shots; the jerseys and generic shoes give it away.

# 25 jewelz1132 @ 08/21/08 07:16 PM
jerseys are still wrong, not talking about the ones with holes..The Head uni looks fine...Baron Davis = crackhead lol

# 26 DC @ 08/21/08 07:17 PM
What the hell man. Major announcements for PICTURES. What is this 1993 Gamepro magazine?

Man no more new posts unless it is a video or the big ONLINE secret. I'm sick of this _ _ _ _!

# 27 Jano @ 08/21/08 07:19 PM
Septiembre DC

# 28 Vince @ 08/21/08 07:29 PM
wade looks awful

EDIT: k it was an old build....thank god.

# 29 jewelz1132 @ 08/21/08 07:36 PM
2K just needs to show the consumers something to get amped for..Sometimes it seems like they feel people should trust their games just because of past years success..Last year, that didnt work out well for me wasting money on APF, Prizefighter, NHL 2K, and MLB..This year we have yet to do what EA did with madden and Ian over on the Madden boards..Look at the game and give input on what needs to be fixed before the release and actually see that input used before the game comes out..By the time we see footage, if we dont like what we see in some areas, we're screwed until next year lol

# 30 RubenDouglas @ 08/21/08 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Wtf is with the holes in the numbers on the jerseys? Is this how the jerseys are made this year?
thats funny. Every single early build shot from years past have NEVER had that problem... are they recreating all the jerseys this year and some of them are in the middle of their creation phases? 2k8s jerseys were perfect in that regard.

LALs away jerseys are looking fixed and real NICE though

im calling it now, they WILL be like that in game. i just have a gut feeling.

# 31 blingballa333 @ 08/21/08 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
thats funny. Every single early build shot from years past have NEVER had that problem... are they recreating all the jerseys this year and some of them are in the middle of their creation phases? 2k8s jerseys were perfect in that regard.

LALs away jerseys are looking fixed and real NICE though.. the others. not at all. 2k1 through 2k8 never had that problem.

im calling it now, they WILL be like that in game.
Really, thats why Pierce's and CP3's jerseys look fine while others don't. I think they will get all the jerseys looking the same by release.

# 32 chance @ 08/21/08 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas

LALs away jerseys are looking fixed and real NICE though.. the others. not at all. 2k1 through 2k8 never had that problem.

im calling it now, they WILL be like that in game.
Well I dont know if they recreated the jerseys but it sure does look like they are cause the unis look a heck alot better then they did in 2K6 - 2K8 on next gen. And the jerseys wont be like that on the game since they were not that in the teasers and SimBaller just about confirmed they wont.

# 33 RubenDouglas @ 08/21/08 08:08 PM
cool then. i didnt see that simballer post. apologies for throwing out outrageous claims lol.

my reasoning was that maybe they just remade a few jerseys and left otheres as is. but thats not the case.. good

# 34 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/21/08 08:20 PM
Per SimBaller's post, it sounds like the jerseys will be fixed, which is good; they were great in 2K8 as far as texture, but the clipping, etc. were the only things that were bad. I trust they'll all be up-to-par.

By the way, there are some discontinuities with the Hornets jerseys in a past screenshot... the authentic jerseys were just revealed yesterday (or the day before?), but they look good for the most part.

# 35 bateman11 @ 08/21/08 09:26 PM
Thank you. Thank you for fixing the Lakers' away jersey. That is huge for me

# 36 Hassan Darkside @ 08/21/08 09:37 PM
The mesh holes irk me a bit too. Aside from the fact they go over the numbers they're also entirely too large. And look at that Baron screen, mesh holes on the trim? Not even the cheap replica jerseys are that poorly made.

# 37 GymRat @ 08/21/08 09:41 PM
The players faces look spot on.... Beats another preview,

# 38 ZephyrSong @ 08/21/08 09:44 PM
Are you serious? That B-Diddy was off, and that Wade was like meh.. If that's spot on for you, .. IDK.

EDIT: sad to say guys but Kobe's sleeve will not be fixed. You saw it on his virtual self dunking while Perkins looked and you saw it again here.. It'll not be fixed so some of you need to move on now lol.

# 39 bateman11 @ 08/21/08 09:49 PM
DC: calm down man. When anything new is found, its okay to post it. You dont have to look at the thread man.

# 40 eko718 @ 08/21/08 11:01 PM
It says that these are the PC screens on Gamespot... don't know if anyone else noticed. The other pics/videos we saw look nothing like these, so I believe it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.