Home
News Post

Check out the NBA 2K9: Create a Player video.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 lamoyou401 @ 09/20/08 09:04 PM
it's not showing for me

# 2 timotim19 @ 09/20/08 09:09 PM
Wait wait wait... does this mean we really do have custom soundtracks in this year! No way those tracks are in the games official soundtrack... can it? Please tell us man, this is getting to be too much for me.

# 3 J-Clutch1 @ 09/20/08 09:18 PM
anyone care bout CAP lol or is the vid just not loadin fo u guys?

# 4 Shakedowncapo @ 09/20/08 09:20 PM
holy crap! Pharcyde?! Nice!

# 5 blingballa333 @ 09/20/08 09:23 PM
Hey Steve you didn't show us all the player face slider options, you forgot to scroll down further! No biggie, it looks very good this year, thanks. The sig shots look better. And I'm glad to see there is much more of an array of arm accesories this year! And finally! Black guys dont look orange in the face!!!!!! This made my day, seriously.

# 6 dangerzone1 @ 09/20/08 09:23 PM
thank you OS!!!!!!!!

# 7 DakkoN @ 09/20/08 09:27 PM
Thanks alot big Steve, good to see they actually look human now. Kind of strange it didn't have Noah on the names..

# 8 timotim19 @ 09/20/08 09:29 PM
I notice that we still cant assign weights to the players we create... I dont understand why you guys leave that out every year If I make a guy that looks even bigger than Shaq, I should be able to give him a weight that matches his look.

# 9 younggrease @ 09/20/08 09:30 PM
its not my cup of tea but I still wanted to check it out. Vid wont load for me though

# 10 antoine79 @ 09/20/08 09:31 PM
The create-a-player along with 2k share and the OS community is going to give this game some serious legs. Hopefully they added new features to the create-a-team also.

# 11 Starrtech @ 09/20/08 09:33 PM
It wouldn't load lol.
But after it did load, honestly it's a bit of a let down. Looks like they changed the interface but everything else is basically the same. Why can't we change the weight or at least give us more than 3 body types. They added a couple of new accessories. Appears to have the same hairstyles. At least the skin looks realistic, as does the facial hair. Changable contracts are nice as well. Overall, was expecting more, so, meeeehhh

# 12 blingballa333 @ 09/20/08 09:34 PM
Along with that new forearm band they got, they have a slightly shorter one also. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The amount of detail you can put into every body in edit player will be fun this year!

# 13 blingballa333 @ 09/20/08 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrtech
It wouldn't load lol.
But after it did load, honestly it's a bit of a let down. Looks like they changed the interface but everything else is basically the same. Why can't we change the weight or at least give us more than 3 body types. They added a couple of new accessories. Appears to have the same hairstyles. At least the skin looks realistic, as does the facial hair. Changable contracts are nice as well. Overall, was expecting more, so, meeeehhh
The skin tones and updated accesories alone make this the best create a player ever. Even though the 3 body types still exist, the normal one seems to be a little slimmer this year

# 14 quesmoney @ 09/20/08 09:39 PM
double rubberbands!! lebron is gonna be perfect!

# 15 timotim19 @ 09/20/08 09:40 PM
Yeah, the 3 body types thing has got to be a let down, especially when CHoops had many many more.

# 16 blingballa333 @ 09/20/08 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
BOOOO!!!!!

They didn't touch it did they? What a fricken shame. I was hoping that we were getting something worthwhile this year. But just the same damn CAP we have had for years.

No new body shapes (still 3)
No new facial hair (maybe beards?)
No new hair styles
No new accessories
No weight change
No new tendencies
No new player emotion packages

Frankly I am wondering what is "new" with this game. I really thought that they were going to listen to the multiple posts we have all posted on here about the customization of players.

The reason this is an important issue for me is because I often sim 10-15 years in the future before I start my franchise. I don't like playing with real NBA players. I like playing a fictional NBA with all CAPS and CPU generated players.

This took the air out of my sails. Really really disappointed.
First off, NO!!!!!
The body models may still be limited but look much more realistic this year, the normal body type is less bulky this year. No new hairstyles is sort of a bummer, but the new facial hair makes up for that. There were new accesories:double rubberbands, 2 different lengths of elbow bands, and more knee braces. The skin tones have DRASTICALLY improved also. Sorry for ranting, but I'm not done. The hair colors look much better this year, no more platinum blonde. And plus it looks like the seriously beefed up the post/dunk/sig shot packages for even more customization. They even have layup packages for gods sake.

# 17 GSW @ 09/20/08 09:48 PM
i dont think homeboy has said one good thing about 2k9...

i know whose not getting some cutty.

# 18 antoine79 @ 09/20/08 09:49 PM
Man maybe it just doesn't take a lot to please me. When I saw that you could adjust one facial slider without another one going haywire I was in heaven. Do wish they added more hairstyles and body sizes though.

# 19 jewelz1132 @ 09/20/08 09:49 PM
Steve going all out lol

# 20 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/20/08 09:50 PM
It definitely looks better. Too bad there aren't more accessories, tattoos, facial hair (I like the one in MLB 08 where you can have 5 layers and facial hair color different than other hair color), and so on. VERY disappointing that they only have one generic shoe and only 3 manufacturers.

I also found it funny that "Noah" wasn't in the database. Every NBA player name (like Joakim Noah) should be selectable.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.