Home
News Post

Fans will receive the most up-to-date player
attributes, player tendencies, and unlockable animations

September 22, 2008 – 2K Sports today announced details on Living Rosters, an exciting new innovative online feature for this season’s highly anticipated basketball title, NBA 2K9. Living Rosters will ensure dedicated fans are playing with the most up-to-date and complete basketball experience ever available in the NBA 2K franchise. In addition to delivering constant updates to player ratings and player tendencies, Living Rosters will also offer exclusive access to unlockable animation packages for players in the game. When a player starts to heat up and takes his game to the next level on the real courts, new animation packages will unlock for that player in the video game. As the NBA season progresses, so will NBA 2K9, as players will have the ability to pull off new moves never seen before in the video game, adapt their offensive and defensive rotations, and shift starting lineups as they occur. If it happens during the regular NBA season, it will happen in NBA 2K9 thanks to Living Rosters.

When the Living Rosters feature is activated and a gamer signs in online, the game automatically checks for Living Roster updates in order to download the latest real-life player information in a seamless process behind the scenes. Gamers will have an option to either have Living Rosters automatically update their in-game roster information, or they can choose to download new roster data manually.

Once Living Rosters has successfully completed an update, NBA 2K9 fans can then review the different player and gameplay updates from the NBA 2K Insider – a real person working behind the scenes, pouring over the stats and spreadsheets, and who is ultimately responsible for the content and accuracy of the Living Rosters updates. However, the Insider’s job is much more than just crunching numbers - they will interact with the community and listen to roster update suggestions to determine what the fans really want in each update. The NBA 2K Insider’s analysis and commentary will be available in-game and on the 2K Sports website, www.2ksports.com.

NBA 2K9 is the latest edition of NBA 2K, the series that has been the #1 rated NBA simulation for seven years in a row* and is back for its 10th season. NBA 2K9 is the premier basketball game for serious players, and will deliver the most realistic and feature-rich simulation experience ever available in the NBA 2K franchise – from gameplay and graphics to presentation and online features. NBA 2K9 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available on October 7 for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems. For more information about NBA 2K9, please visit www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k9.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SageInfinite @ 09/22/08 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
In my opinion there is not enough stealing going on. I wish companies would take their egos out of the equation and steal whatever they need to steal to make their game better.

# 42 ThaGenecyst @ 09/22/08 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
word up.. I steal ya rhymes all the time. That's why I'm hot!

# 43 SageInfinite @ 09/22/08 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
word up.. I steal ya rhymes all the time. That's why I'm hot!
WORD!!!!

# 44 shawnpatrick78 @ 09/22/08 08:35 PM
I like how they steal ideas the only differences is, NBA LIVE has got the nice graphics and presentation but 2ks got outstanding game play and realistic player animations. NOW combine those two and thats a great combo. The thing is we need two bball games that why there is competition to make the game better.

# 45 NBAfan#109287322 @ 09/22/08 11:47 PM
can someone answer this question for me, will this feature transfer the rosters to offline play too? This did not happen for me in 2k8? not that i knew it was possible...thanks for the info in advance

# 46 ronyell @ 09/23/08 03:36 PM
so my question iz, how r these "living rosters" going to play into association mode:
  • iz it just a roster update or iz it a patch to update what iz already there on ur roster?
  • will the ratings and tendencies change but leave the rosters the same?
  • will they add players as they get added in real life?
  • what will happen to ur CAPs?
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS B4 WE START WORKING ON OUR "BIG 3 EXPERIENCE" roster/slider/instruction set?

# 47 RAZRr1275 @ 09/23/08 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Rashidii needs to eat some humble pie man
I think so too.

# 48 Stumbleweed @ 09/23/08 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan#109287322
can someone answer this question for me, will this feature transfer the rosters to offline play too? This did not happen for me in 2k8? not that i knew it was possible...thanks for the info in advance
You had to go to the online desk to get the roster and save it to your hard drive for offline use. I imagine that this will have basically the same thing, though it might be a little more streamlined (probably asks if you want to update and then autosaves or something).

# 49 RAZRr1275 @ 09/23/08 07:13 PM
It would be nice if these could be answered too

1. Will you guys have a place that you post the updates for the living rosters in USB format for us people without online?

2. Do the new ratings and ambition etc. stuff fix the issue where guys like Manu would be starting even when you set them to the sixth man before?

3. Will teams define rotations by skills rather than overall ratings? For example Jason Carroll for the Bobcats is good at shooting 3's and not much else. In 2K's past he wouldn't be playing because his overall was low because that was his only skill. And obviously you guys know that that isn't right. Will this be fixed?

4. Is there an option to controll ALL teams in Assotiation?

# 50 NBA2KGODZ @ 09/23/08 07:37 PM
WILL THE IRANIAN BE ON THE GRIZZLIES TEAM??? OR SUN BE ON THE LAKERS. I DID NOT SEE THEM ON THE ROSTERS. PLS MESSAGE ME.

# 51 kozmikr @ 09/23/08 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
so my question iz, how r these "living rosters" going to play into association mode:
  • iz it just a roster update or iz it a patch to update what iz already there on ur roster?
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS B4 WE START WORKING ON OUR "BIG 3 EXPERIENCE" roster/slider/instruction set?
Im highly doubtful that it will.. If you watched the association video on the site, I don't think they had an option for living rosters. Does anyone have any concrete proof that it will be offered in franchise? Sorry if I'm just rehashing old stuff.

# 52 NBA2KGODZ @ 09/23/08 08:48 PM
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO THOUGHT OF THIS CONCEPT. 2K OR LIVE. AS LONG AS THEY ARE FINALLY LISTENING TO US IS WHAT MATTERS THE MOST.

BIG STEPS.

# 53 Tha_Kid @ 09/23/08 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
Like another poster said, I don't think it ties into association. As far as base rosters go, since you can upload player dna, I think it would be possible to keep your CAPs across roster sets. Maybe they're separate, maybe you'd have to download the CAPs Player DNA whenever you change rosters. You follow what i'm trying to say?

# 54 Salhus @ 09/24/08 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2KGODZ
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO THOUGHT OF THIS CONCEPT. 2K OR LIVE. AS LONG AS THEY ARE FINALLY LISTENING TO US IS WHAT MATTERS THE MOST.

BIG STEPS.
Agreed

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.