Home
News Post

EA Sports have posted another NBA Live 09 Producer blog.

Quote:
"We were a little surprised when there was a BIG announcement from a competitor saying that they were going to have 'the human touch' - basically someone who will be updating the rosters, stats and ratings whenever it was felt it was meaningful to do so. There's just no way any one person, or even a team of people, could possibly keep up with the quality of data that Synergy are producing. It's one person with a pad and paper versus an entire team using the best technology ever created for this, no comparison. Needless to say, we were very confident that there was going to be nothing close to something that could compare in any meaningful way to Dynamic DNA."

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmood88 @ 10/01/08 12:35 AM
If it's as great as he says then there should be no reason for him to talk about another company.

# 2 The 24th Letter @ 10/01/08 12:39 AM
Wow @ the thread about this being closed in the other forum lol...
Anyway, I agree mood....I also think the developer is right in that the Insider is going to have to come hard...

# 3 23bluesman @ 10/01/08 12:39 AM
No doubt Dynamic DNA (and Live 365) as a system, for me anyway, surpasses 2k Insider. But as to how well it is translated on the court (gameplay) is a totally different story.

Gotta love the attitude of the producer though, being aggressive against competitors and all! This will only lead to better quality products in the future, as they try to one-up one another. And while EA or 2k may have the edge on any given year, we the gamers will always be winners.

# 4 RubenDouglas @ 10/01/08 12:59 AM
bottomline, tendencies in live change based on the past. in real life, you CHANGE BASED ON YOUR current OPPONENT and its weaknesses. i hope they dont devle too deep with this system. they need to have implement player tendencies with current opponents, based on past opponents with similiar styles and personel

# 5 Bornindamecca @ 10/01/08 01:54 AM
Sean O'Brien needs to show some class and keep the other games out of his mouth. Live hasn't given basketball fans a good game in a long time, meanwhile the devs of the hockey teams at EA are knocking it out of the park, and even Madden is seeing early patches and some real care. I hear that Fifa is excellent, and with Skate being awesome, Live is pretty much the worst thing EA Sports is putting out if you don't count their awful, awful, awful college game. They took a few steps towards a playable game this year and now they're talking **** about one of the best sports games out, regarding a feature that doesn't even affect franchise play.

If Rob Jones put out a blog talking smack about all of the things 2k does better than Live, we'd all be playing 2k11 by the time he finished typing. "If it's in the game..." you should compete in the game, and not on blogs. How about fixing that rebounding, passing, defense, shooting and loose balls. It's pitiful watching this guy talk about 2k when his franchise just got pulled off of the "too broken to play" list.

Live has taken some nice steps, but they take steps backward when people like this take EA back to their reputation of hype over quality gaming.

# 6 23 @ 10/01/08 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Wow @ the thread about this being closed in the other forum lol...
Anyway, I agree mood....I also think the developer is right in that the Insider is going to have to come hard...

Yeah WOW

OMG

No they didnt

lol

closing a Live blog thread in the 2k forums

# 7 noshun @ 10/01/08 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Sean O'Brien needs to show some class and keep the other games out of his mouth. Live hasn't given basketball fans a good game in a long time, meanwhile the devs of the hockey teams at EA are knocking it out of the park, and even Madden is seeing early patches and some real care. I hear that Fifa is excellent, and with Skate being awesome, Live is pretty much the worst thing EA Sports is putting out if you don't count their awful, awful, awful college game. They took a few steps towards a playable game this year and now they're talking **** about one of the best sports games out, regarding a feature that doesn't even affect franchise play.

If Rob Jones put out a blog talking smack about all of the things 2k does better than Live, we'd all be playing 2k11 by the time he finished typing. "If it's in the game..." you should compete in the game, and not on blogs. How about fixing that rebounding, passing, defense, shooting and loose balls. It's pitiful watching this guy talk about 2k when his franchise just got pulled off of the "too broken to play" list.

Live has taken some nice steps, but they take steps backward when people like this take EA back to their reputation of hype over quality gaming.
Heheh.

# 8 RubenDouglas @ 10/01/08 02:16 AM
i still find it almost childish that you're calling out a company that CANT DO what yall just did, simply because the synergy license was bought exclusively by EA. the whole blog comes off as "look at what we can do with our money". Does is it register that way with anyone else? say what you want about exclusive deals but its good for noone. yall better bring it for the next 5 years

oh well. ill still be buying it and seeing what its all about.

# 9 Dynamite @ 10/01/08 02:48 AM
Quote:

Cosign. This is something that reeks of jealousy. The fact that the guy on the cover of his last game said that he was a 2k guy (until they threw money at him...a surprisingly popular approach to EA's problems), and some of the biggest and most popular stars are a part of 2k's title this year...hmm, maybe they should start to work on getting the game a bit more lifelike and accurate.

# 10 Bornindamecca @ 10/01/08 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
Last time I checked, this is still the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and anyone (including a producer of a video game) has the right to express his views and opinions any way he chooses to do.

Get over it.
And we have the right to express our views on his views. Get over that. It works both ways. You put an opinion out there and people respond. That's the way it works.

# 11 Scoop 24 @ 10/01/08 03:26 AM
Quote:
Last time I checked, this is still the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and anyone (including a producer of a video game) has the right to express his views and opinions any way he chooses to do.

Get over it.
couldn't say it better myself. and as a 2k fan and somebody that will be buying 2k9 this tuesday i will admit Live DNA imo knocks 2k insider out the park. but overall 2k9 just has more going for it. but this blog is no different than the 2k guys braggin about how there basketball game is the best in the world.

# 12 eDotd @ 10/01/08 03:31 AM
...I want to say something but for the sake of this thread's life I'll hold my tongue.

Sean O'Brien...funny cat.

Very good post Born, agreed on all points.

# 13 HELLisFUN @ 10/01/08 04:13 AM
Quote:
"and the fact that we had an exclusive deal with Synergy Sports Technology, that there was no way they would be able to build anything close to this"
Yea No-Dauhhhhhhhhh

Exclusive? No way, I wonder who else EA received as "exclusive" oh yea the NFL License, and just exactly how that turned out for consumers?

Maybe you odda improve your gameplay before you rant about another games features Sean!!!

# 14 Goffs @ 10/01/08 06:19 AM
Quote:

Get over it.
why so serious?

# 15 infamousD @ 10/01/08 07:07 AM
Honestly The only people that should be offended is the guys at 2k, some off you act like he was talking bout your mother or something lol.

# 16 Dynamite @ 10/01/08 07:14 AM
I don't know, some folks are just hilarious, considering that their product has been sub par, and being destroyed by 2k.

The whole thing is just not a good look for them.

# 17 J_Posse @ 10/01/08 08:18 AM
The Live DNA feature and deal with Synergy Sports are huge moves in the direction of creating authentic playing NBA games, no one can deny that fact, but EA's only scratching the surfaces of it since it only effects offense at this point, IMO.

Also, who is to say that both their competitors (Sony & VC) can't partner up with other NBA scouting services? I mean, last I checked there are 30 teams in the NBA, yet only 23 use Synergy services? So, there are likely other companies providing this same services and the competitor could (possibly) work out contracts with them.

# 18 SageInfinite @ 10/01/08 09:44 AM
Quote:

Nice post once again.

# 19 Pared @ 10/01/08 10:03 AM
I think he's defending his game... albeit in not the best fashion.

His focus on automation over subjectivity takes the human element out of these games. If someone feels that Kobe drives too much in the video game but mathematically he drives 51% compared to 49%... technically, he's driving the appropriate amount of times. But the human element is still key in perception.

It's nice to have the system automated but I do like the fact fans can interact with someone "in the know." I think he would have done a better job focusing on how EA will listen to the fans "if the automation needs tuning" or something to that extent.

# 20 Glenn33 @ 10/01/08 10:04 AM
I don't know fellas - this seems like a producer hyping a new feature that they believe will be a big selling point with the game. What's he supposed to say? When you are in competition you down the other guy while you build yourself up. LOL. As a 2K guy - I didn't take offense at all. As a matter of fact - he's right. DNA>Living Roster.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.