Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Looks like we are going to get some Major League Baseball 2K9 info on Monday, according to one of the Admins at 2K Sports.

Quote:
"Hey all,
Some cool stuff is going to be going down early next week. I'll bring it to you here late Monday and Tuesday. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving, have a great weekend!

- Ronnie"

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 PVarck31 @ 12/02/08 07:42 PM
Guys its still very early. I know 2k didn't give us a lot last year, but that was 2k LA. This is VC. The info will come. We most likely won't get anything good until January though.

# 82 SoxFan01605 @ 12/04/08 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott4171
Enigma- AMEN Brother. I totally agree with you. The marketing stinks at 2k and if the game changed so much for the better they should be sending alittle info every week. Thats why I dont think this game will be all that good.
While my expectations are low for 2K9 also, I think it's a bit early to be questioning why info isn't streaming out. The Show is the genralfan favorite here and they haven't released much info either. The info we do have on The Show is from interaction with the developers. 2K is not doing that yet. While I'd also agree that it would be wise for them to get on board that train, I don't think it's necessary. They don't do it for any of their titles and their MLB series is the only one suffering.

Anyway, early December is a bit early to be crying foul for a lack of info, IMO.

# 83 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/04/08 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
While my expectations are low for 2K9 also, I think it's a bit early to be questioning why info isn't streaming out. The Show is the genralfan favorite here and they haven't released much info either. The info we do have on The Show is from interaction with the developers. 2K is not doing that yet. While I'd also agree that it would be wise for them to get on board that train, I don't think it's necessary. They don't do it for any of their titles and their MLB series is the only one suffering.

Anyway, early December is a bit early to be crying foul for a lack of info, IMO.

I agree, and my comment was mostly for the long term of things. Since the info was VERY thin last year until the last few weeks, and we found out why.

But in all honesty ... people know The Show will be good, they have the solid foundation ... there is no need to have early info. The Show devs coming on here is a way to save marketing dollars, and also to build a community.

But 2K on the other hand, they have to play their cards right. With this franchise faltering, they need to get on the ball early and do or say something that is going to spark interest and get people's hopes up. They can NOT play the same marketing routine they did last year. It would be unacceptable.

Especially since you were balls enough to buy the baseball license, be balls enough to market the thing.

Their hockey is also falling apart, and there is an article on the web questioning whether they will pick up another NHL license, just like they did not for College Hoops.

To add, maybe 2K SHOULD do what The Show devs are doing, since their game IS in trouble. Maybe they can learn a thing or two from the sports gaming community, and help better them at developing the game.

# 84 StriderNo9 @ 12/11/08 04:50 PM
That last swing Tim made, the HR swing is crap. Who uppercuts the ball like that?

# 85 K_GUN @ 12/11/08 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderNo9
That last swing Tim made, the HR swing is crap. Who uppercuts the ball like that?

cy young pitchers

# 86 brendanrfoley @ 12/12/08 10:23 AM
I don't know a lot about game development... but isn't it a little late to do mo-cap? This game will likely go gold in about two months!

# 87 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/12/08 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I don't know a lot about game development... but isn't it a little late to do mo-cap? This game will likely go gold in about two months!

Nah, you can mo-cap to your hearts content and add them any time.

(in 2K7 they added Dice-K in an update shortly after his first season start)

The Show had a guy who does all these MLB batter's stances do over 150 just recently ... and said he is due back a little later for more.

# 88 areobee401 @ 12/12/08 10:37 AM
I know it's still early but I a bad feeling we will be left in the dark just like last season.

# 89 Damanjinx @ 12/17/08 12:30 PM
With this game coming out in March and under a new team i doubt they could use the same engine since it was used by Kush, but why would you anyway since the engine was trash and looked like it to.

its really scary to think that there was Soooo much wrong with this game that it could be completely turned around in one season. I dont understand why the couldnt get the engine from the Bigs, that was a great looking engine that ran smooth and looked great, and all they would need to do is tweak the models and animations instead of building them from scratch since VC hasnt made a game since regular xbox.

I really want to be happy with a baseball game this year i really hope they stick to basics and only basics. Just curious on why no press release has been made to help fans out, such as details on what there going for so at least it can put some of us at ease. Though the marketing over at 2k has always boggled me. I mean they can dumb all this money in Rockstar but nothing in there own sports lineups WTF??!?!

# 90 bigfnjoe96 @ 12/17/08 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damanjinx
Though the marketing over at 2k has always boggled me. I mean they can dumb all this money in Rockstar but nothing in there own sports lineups WTF??!?!
2K Sports does their own marketing. Take-2 doesn't do any marketing for 2K Sports. Info will slowly start hitting in about Mid-Jan

# 91 ronnyballgame @ 12/18/08 03:27 PM
Hey, so I am definitely on the fence about this game. I love VC and what they can bring to the table, and used to bring the the table many years on a different system. I have heard that they are getting a full development cycle in on the game, which is good, but this game isn't going to be a complete product. I know that coming off the bat, so my question is, how deep is this game going to be? Is it possible they borrowed some code from NBA 2k series? I love baseball, I just hope this game is playable. I have a feeling it will be better than any of us expect.

# 92 SoxFan01605 @ 12/18/08 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
Hey, so I am definitely on the fence about this game. I love VC and what they can bring to the table, and used to bring the the table many years on a different system. I have heard that they are getting a full development cycle in on the game, which is good, but this game isn't going to be a complete product. I know that coming off the bat, so my question is, how deep is this game going to be? Is it possible they borrowed some code from NBA 2k series? I love baseball, I just hope this game is playable. I have a feeling it will be better than any of us expect.
I don't see how they could transfer code from the NBA 2K series, to be honest. It doesn't seem like that would work, but I'm no programmer either.

As for having "a feeling it will be better than any of us expect," that's not hard in many cases. A lot of us have VERY low expectations. It wouldn't be hard to excede mine, that's for sure. We'll see how it goes. I just think there were too many issues to overcome in one year. I won't be buying it, but I'll look for a solid indication that they are really pushing it in a better direction.

# 93 ckarlic @ 12/18/08 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I don't see how they could transfer code from the NBA 2K series, to be honest. It doesn't seem like that would work, but I'm no programmer either.

As for having "a feeling it will be better than any of us expect," that's not hard in many cases. A lot of us have VERY low expectations. It wouldn't be hard to excede mine, that's for sure. We'll see how it goes. I just think there were too many issues to overcome in one year. I won't be buying it, but I'll look for a solid indication that they are really pushing it in a better direction.
I agree with regards to expectations...I know I didn't give 2k8 a fair chance but how could I. Im a PS3 owner and 1) I couldn'g get through a complete game in about 5 attempts and 2) I couldnt turn off the show. The one thing I am confident in is the fact that MLB2k9 should surpass my expectations since im not expecting much at all at this point from 2k9.

# 94 Yankee Mystique @ 12/29/08 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
I hope the announcement goes a little like this:

"2k gets you back in the action by recreating WSB2k3 with today's graphics, physics, and rosters! We've come to realize that you just want fun, coupled with a terrific presentation. Sorry about 2k5 through 2k8."
Ok, let me get this straight...the developers of WSB2K3 are working on the series again? If so, that is some awesome news because that was best gameplay in a Baseball game ever. Its right there side by side with The Show. Yes and both are better than MVP 2005.

It was Kush Games that ruined the 2K series am I correct? I never understood why VC left especially after The MLB license was secured by Take Two.

# 95 Scooter3 @ 12/29/08 11:50 AM
I'm glad to see that VC is back WSB2K3 was my favorite Baseball Game.
I hope they start where they left off with 2K3 as their base. Great Game!

2K3's home-runs were the best looking of any game. Please bring back these HR visuals.

How great would it be to have the combination of 2K3's game play and HR visuals plus 2K7's graphics.

I have hope now that VC is back!
The Show is a great game and my favorite but I'm also pulling for 2K.

Competition is good for everyone.
Scooter...

# 96 Yankee Mystique @ 12/29/08 01:39 PM
I have not even kept a 2K Baseball game since VC left. ESPN which was 2K4 was good, but 2K5, 2K6, 2K7, and 2K8 were the worst in terms of gameplay. When I did buy a few of them I sold them about a week later on Ebay. Horrible! Hope we get that WSB2K3 feeling back. That game was insane!

# 97 e0820 @ 12/29/08 02:01 PM
Really? WSB2k3 was the best? Better then The Show? C'mon I played WSB2k3 and it wasnt that great. Im going to have to try this again and see. I have this for XBOX does it matter if its PS2 or XBOX or is one version better then the other?

# 98 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/29/08 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
Really? WSB2k3 was the best? Better then The Show? C'mon I played WSB2k3 and it wasnt that great. Im going to have to try this again and see. I have this for XBOX does it matter if its PS2 or XBOX or is one version better then the other?
Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

# 99 Yankee Mystique @ 12/30/08 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
The Show wasn't out at the time but even now you can compare the gameplay of the two. WSB2K3 did not have online play though, but certain things like arm strength and for example Scott Rolen's trademark dive, set, and throw wwas portrayed the exact same way on WSB2K3. Even the way the ball was spread out with different hits was very realistic.

I love The Show but if 2K9 has the old school gameplay and the graphics of 2K8 then The Show is in for some competition. Me, I will buy both.

# 100 bigfnjoe96 @ 12/30/08 10:09 AM
Guys VC has never developed a Baseball Game under the 2K Sports umbrella. It has always developed NFL & NBA titles. All the Baseball Games under the 2k sports umbrella were developed by:

World Series Baseball 2k1: WOW Entertainment
World Series Baseball 2k2 (Dreamcast) World Series Baseball (Xbox): Blue Shift/Exile Interactive
World Series Baseball 2k3: Blue Shift/Exile Interactive
ESPN Baseball: Blue Shift
Major League Baseball 2k5-8: Kush Games

The reality is this series flourished under Blue Shift & YES WSB 2K3 is considered by many to be the BEST Console Baseball Game to grace a console. The Game Play was top notch. The only other game I can think of that had WSB beat in the Game Play dept @ that time was HH, but HH was 1 fugly looking game compared to WSB.

Til this day no Baseball Game has been able to capture the Game Play aspect of Baseball better than the 2 titles I mentioned above. For many of us who are not only fans of the series but fans of baseball that Game Play is what we want. The addition of any thing else is just icing on the cake.

1 thing that us as fans of the series can be optimistic about is VC knows Game Play. For me it's gonna be interesting to see how much they will be able to improve the title. Yeah I know supposedly that should be easy because for many 2k8 was GARBAGE, but IMO 2k8 was far from Garbage, Yes it wasn't what many of us expected, especially in year 3 of Next-Gen but played a decent game of Baseball.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.