Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 patch has been released for the Xbox 360. The PS3 patch should be released sometime tomorrow. Please post your impressions here.

Here is the original link, that talks about the patch.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Mos1ted @ 12/03/08 01:46 AM
I'm assuming the PS3 patch will be available by 5 am EST or so. I booted up my PS3 and NBA 2K9 just now, but no patch was prompted.

EDIT: Nevermind, it should be available 12Am PST. I was thinking 12 AM EST.

# 142 Brooklynnets24 @ 12/03/08 02:07 AM
5 on 5 is finally lag free...but there is still problems with it. The network connection problem still happens and many times when you join a rank team up there is only like 4 or less people in there all the till the clock runs out then you cant even quit. It is kinda hard to join a rank team up where there is actually 10 people in the lobby. I like that they finally fixed Defensive/Offensive 3 seconds and i dont know why dumba55es still stay in the paint even though they get called like 6 times. Anyways 5 on 5 is still having its network problems

# 143 TCruz @ 12/03/08 03:07 AM
I feel bad for the people who aren't seeing a difference or are even more put off by the game than they originally were. I could seriously make a list of 30 things I've noticed in just 5 games.

One of my biggest gripes, which was quite common. Was that the games felt scripted. Much like you see in the Madden games on All-Madden difficulty level. Where you throw a perfect pass to your receiver, however the CPU is down and there's a defender near you, so the ball gets magnetically sucked into the defenders hands (If you don't believe that's true or think I'm pulling it out of my you know what, look it up on youtube) effectively screwing you out of a win. I didn't feel it to the same extent. But it was sad when I knew when the CPU was going to make game changing shots, no matter who I had guarding them or how tight my defense was.

I just had a game in a new franchise of mine. I figured with the patch I would take a team I'd never used before and see how I'd do. So I took the Bobcats, made 2 trades, and played the Cavs.

I was trailing the majority of the game. Down by 2 at halftime and down by 8 at the end of the 3rd quarter. I ended up catching fire to begin the 4th quarter and had a lead by as many as 9 within a few minutes. They came back and we traded leads quite a few times. I had a lead at 80-79 but big Z was able to tip in a Lebron miss. So I'm down 81-80 and my first thought is, well since they're the Cavs, and I'm the Bobcats, I'm destined to lose this game. I figured I would put up a perfectly good shot and it would miss, or I'd beat my defender and Ben Wallace would float across the arena and slap it into the 5th row. But not before it managed to hit my guy in the back of the head and give the cavs possession. However I managed to beat my defender, which drew Big Z away from the hoop. I passed it to my center and he hit the layup. 82-81. Lebron took a shot with 1.3 seconds left from 3 point land, and airballed it. Why? Because I had a hand in his face and actually risked the foul to make sure I at least defended the darn shot. No foul called, airball, game over.

The stat line was incredibly realistic for both sides.

I had 82 points on 47% FG.
They had 81 points on 46% FG
I was 5/19 from 3 point land
They were 4/14
I had 42 points in the paint
They had 43 points in the paint.

Typically the CPU had at least 70% of their points in the paint in any game. This one was around 51 or 52%.

The game was competitive, non scripted, challenging, and actually *gasp* fun again. There are a ton of differences. I legitimately feel bad for people that aren't experiencing them. It's one of those things where you wonder if you're all playing the same game. I'm sure the people that dislike it wonder the same thing about us that do like it. Two different worlds it would seem. I used to hate it, so I understand.

All in all this patch was a very wonderful early Xmas present. After 5 games I still have nothing to complain about. I have only seen 1 alley oop in 5 games so far, and probably 7 backdoor cuts total.

# 144 tbabyy924 @ 12/03/08 03:22 AM
Still no PS3 patch?

# 145 Rawdeal28 @ 12/03/08 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
I know I'll get some criticism here, but I'm going to say these things anyways. First of all I think 2k really delivered with this patch. Anyone who liked this game in the first place I don't see how you cant like this game more now. It's just a more refined game and they corrected a ton of glaring issues out of the box to get this game to work the way it should have on release. The game is that much smoother and more accurate and even the spacing seems better. That said they still hit cutters all day if you don't defend against that.

I think this is an excellent game. I even went out and picked it back up again because i really liked it at first, but im regretting my decision already and realizing why I returned it. after playing live for months I just can't go back to this game... I just don't like it that much anymore. I dont know if its the skating or that the speed is just way overdone in this game, or the fact i cant do a simple crossover while standing still and the control is really not that finite at all. It's still basically run as fast as you can to the basket and throw lightnight passes and spin and hop step and glide, it's just not as fun or realistic. This game is weird because it has so many aspects and features to it that are so sim, there are also a ton of cool animations, but the way the game plays is very arcadelike.... There just are too many problems with the engine itself imo and 2k next year really needs to add a footplanting system and better control ... It's like 2k is caught in between here. This game is next gen in a lot of regards but is also behind the times in others. I traded in NCAA for this game and I'm wishing i hadnt spent more money again...
LMAO!!!

now you have ______(rhymes with fernboat) twice!!

this is too damn funny!

# 146 nogster @ 12/03/08 03:51 AM
from a simmed games standpoint...they have fixed the simmed team scoring...
the problem with that however is...i now have to redo the coach profiles and raise the scale back up to default style to get the ppg up to realistic averages.
thats fine and all. but i and im sure the many of u that use the O.S outsider rosters were satisfied with how they played as they were.
raising most teams "game tempo" to a higher scale means the teams will play at a faster perhaps more "arcadey" pace.
the change will be subtle though so it shoudnt be too much of a worry.
i need the simmed stats to be on point so i have to do it.
pity they didnt fix the low rebound averages while they were at it though. .

# 147 Mos1ted @ 12/03/08 03:52 AM
Downloading as we speak

# 148 Rawdeal28 @ 12/03/08 04:13 AM
PS3 PATCH IS OUT!!!

downloading now. 62 mb

lets go!

# 149 domingo_salanguit @ 12/03/08 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur3asi3
I've noticed since the patch the drop-step from the post is more effective. Prior to the patch everytime i tried it i'd pick up my dribble or go into the clumsy little hook shot where you get bumped, now im seeing drop-step dunks, drop-step lay ups, and a running hook shot.

Not sure if those were all there before but i never saw any of them.
saw those drop-step layups and dunks too... they seem to be more effective now and doesn't look awkward, unlike before that if you count the steps, it should be a travel... now the animation is good and looks like the real thing...

i'm using the tomba 2k9 slider/roster set btw, works perfectly just like mountaineer said... so this is a good news for tomba...

# 150 demencia_total @ 12/03/08 04:39 AM
Ditto.

# 151 grob23lbj @ 12/03/08 04:48 AM
Guys listen up. I saw a couple posts with the best info besides the patch. The Help D slider is backwards for, sure put it on 0. You will see cpu guys run over to help quickly, if you post up on one side you will see defenders paying much more attention to the ballhandler.

Also another poster in the slider section said to to switch the cpu team playbook to all at the team select screen and I will tell you the stars for opposing team will be used. They post garnet, run ray around sceens, post and look for paul p.
This game is the shizz now.

# 152 Vsteph @ 12/03/08 06:10 AM
Have they fixed the "player download" bug (head reset to standards valors when you download it)? My Dream Team '92 is waiting ...

# 153 DaImmaculateONe @ 12/03/08 07:20 AM
2k Cam is way to high for team-up. 2k Cam offline still stutters after the autoflip and still does that quick 360 rotation after the tipoff which basically doesnt allow you to move for about 2 sec till the camera gets set.

# 154 threatlockz @ 12/03/08 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsteph
Have they fixed the "player download" bug (head reset to standards valors when you download it)? My Dream Team '92 is waiting ...
yes they have

# 155 Scoop 24 @ 12/03/08 08:15 AM
Downloading right now.

# 156 23bluesman @ 12/03/08 08:20 AM
Thanks for the early impressions Court_vision. I'm definitely interested in hearing more when you've spent more time with the game.

I'm thinking of finally getting 2k9 depending on how this patch works.

# 157 BroMontana82 @ 12/03/08 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
from a simmed games standpoint...they have fixed the simmed team scoring...
the problem with that however is...i now have to redo the coach profiles and raise the scale back up to default style to get the ppg up to realistic averages.
thats fine and all. but i and im sure the many of u that use the O.S outsider rosters were satisfied with how they played as they were.
raising most teams "game tempo" to a higher scale means the teams will play at a faster perhaps more "arcadey" pace.
the change will be subtle though so it shoudnt be too much of a worry.
i need the simmed stats to be on point so i have to do it.
pity they didnt fix the low rebound averages while they were at it though. .
^^^
agreed. in my opinion it's the blocked shot / rebound glitch. when you block a shot, and get the board after, it's not counted as a rebound for either the offense or defense. the announcer's even say "so and so grabs the board." in my opionion, this would raise the rebounds per game for each team at least by 3 or 4 depending on the number of blocks you get.

# 158 sportyguyfl31 @ 12/03/08 08:52 AM
Honestly, I saw no difference on the court whatsoever.

I was holding out hope, that the patch would make a significant difference to on court gameplay before even thinking about starting a association, but I didnt notice anything at all.

I wish I had the hardware to share the CPUs shot chart with all of you. It was disgusting. Youve all had the game long enough to guess what it was like though.

Ive had the game going on 3 weeks now, and I have given it more then a fair shot. I just do not like it, and am now at a point where I cant even look at the box without feelings of disgust and rage. To hell with that. It's not staying on my shelf one more day.

# 159 Scoop 24 @ 12/03/08 08:54 AM
im loving the shot blocking..in the 1 game i played the cpu only went back door once. post back down seems over done i had trouble backing down haslem with bynum..no more fade away 3s (thank god)..not every open shot was made quite a few misses. cpu takes more mid range shots.. overall the game feels much better. i also saw some new defensive animations

# 160 Muzyk23 @ 12/03/08 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
im seeing a couple of new offensive and defensive animations....im seeing alot of things lol

I might have a magic disk. I find it hard to believe people dont see a change in gameplay....unless they have a set of sliders equivalent to what the update did...
I've noticed new layup animations..I must have a magic disk too

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.