Home
Skate 2 News Post

As most of you know, the Skate 2 demo is available on the Marketplace for Xbox 360 users. The PS3 version will be out next week. Please post your impressions here.

Skate 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view Skate 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Skate 2Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Skate 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Spear @ 01/14/09 11:08 PM
*anxiously waiting the PS3 demo release*

Does anybody know an approximate time when Sony usually puts up demos?

My school has been on strike since November so I have a lot of free time on my hands.

# 42 CS10029 @ 01/15/09 02:48 AM
Slackers.

# 43 GSW @ 01/15/09 10:43 AM
cant wait to get home, get on this, then after watch some sharks hockey

# 44 GSW @ 01/15/09 04:38 PM
any of my PS3 brethren been playing?

# 45 Spear @ 01/15/09 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
any of my PS3 brethren been playing?
Not up for me yet.

# 46 GSW @ 01/15/09 05:52 PM
what time does ps3 update their servers.

# 47 Blzer @ 01/15/09 08:44 PM
Still not up for me.

# 48 Flawless @ 01/15/09 09:00 PM

# 49 GSW @ 01/15/09 10:01 PM
why does PSN always gett ****ed.

its not up for me i came home in anticipation of some skate 2 got damnit

# 50 Blzer @ 01/16/09 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
why does PSN always gett ****ed.

its not up for me i came home in anticipation of some skate 2 got damnit
Yeah man, pisses me off. What's worse is it seems that some people actually got it.

# 51 Blzer @ 01/16/09 01:01 AM
How does one do that? Just create a new account?

I'll try.

# 52 LP @ 01/16/09 01:21 AM
I have played the demo but have forced myself to stop. I don't want to spoil the game for myself, but I really can't wait for this game.

# 53 Blzer @ 01/16/09 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Yup,set the location to Hong Kong or somewhere in the UK. The stuff doesn't even have to be right (like with XBL you actually need a Japanese address/phone number),can just BS the whole thing and put whatever you want.

There's a vid in case you're having any trouble...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhwcZECelpo
Downloading now. Thanks!

# 54 Flawless @ 01/16/09 03:57 PM
The commercial is great.

# 55 Shinyhubcaps @ 01/17/09 12:08 AM
I played the demo, and it is pretty fun. I was kinda upset at a number of little things, but then I realized that after over a year of playing the original, I am going to be getting a new experience with new content. That will be great.

For the demo, a couple of pros and cons for gameplay, etc. as we move forward.

Pros:
+ Footplants, handplants, etc. are all nice.
+ Moving objects will be very fun.
+ The framerate is noticeably better. I heard one person say it was 60 fps, well whether that is accurate or not, this is one of the very few cases where I see framerate make a huge impact, and I could tell it is improved even without looking at the spec sheet.
+ New filters for photograph challenges are nice. It makes me wonder what other things we'll see in the full version.

Cons:
- 360s are hard to do. I did a 540 on vert, but only once (should have had more). It seems like they toned down spins just for the sake of toning them down.
- The skater still falls face-first when he shouldn't. Example: moving objects off-board, and he falls for no reason. Which leads me to...
- Hall of Meat. It queues up an adequate amount of time, but there are times when you just barely stumble, then get a big score and the filmer goes "Dude, we need an ambulance!!!!!!"
- Only two footplants in a sequence. It would be better if they just stopped scoring it but let you do more.
- Bonelesses off of quarter-pipes make you fall dead about 80% of the time if you're going straight vertical.
- Very few choices for hair color and facial modification.
- Very few options for "custom" shirts (and hats). 8 colors, only 1 color for the graphic, and no customization of size, fit, or sleeve length.
- Clothing and everything else are sorted stupidly, and there seems to be fewer of everything. Osiris had 16 pairs of shoes in the last game, and now they have 4. I hope that gets changed.
- Tripod camera is jerky, as is some of the functioning on the new editor. I liked just switching between 5 cameras if I just want to view the replay. Now I have to toggle a dozen things to even enjoy it, and you can't jump between markers with the timeline hidden.

...And while my cons outweigh my pros, I guarantee I will love this game. The cons are petty little things that I can work around, I'm sure. The pros are actual selling points for the game.

# 56 spit_bubble @ 01/18/09 05:22 AM
A few things... Perhaps already mentioned, not sure...

Seems like you can gain speed a lot easier on half pipes, and it almost seems like a bit too much. The off board controls are pretty bad. The camera seems slightly better than the one in the first game, giving you a better look and being a bit more functional. The video editor is great, with a lot of variety of angles and zooms. The game looks a lot better and is a lot smoother, though this is on the PS3 mind you (the original Skate on the PS3 was kind of "choppy" at times). The new moves are a nice addition, if only to give more variety (still think they need to add more).

I liked the first skate a lot, and thought it had many areas where it could be improved upon. All the stuff I've been reading and watching about Skate 2 hasn't really impressed me, but the demo did for sure.

Looking forward to the release this coming week.

# 57 GSW @ 01/18/09 02:05 PM

someone already made a skate 2 edit

# 58 LP @ 01/18/09 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
someone already made a skate 2 edit
That was awesome. Cannot wait any longer for this game.

# 59 CS10029 @ 01/18/09 04:19 PM
Video was sick.

# 60 gbx34 @ 01/18/09 06:02 PM
Man, is there ANY chance they give you a new camera angle? Every time i play i cannot stand it, but always learn to deal with it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.