Home
UFC 2009 Undisputed News Post

IGN has posted the following UFC 2009 Undisputed updates:
  • UFC 2009 Undisputed Roster Announcement (PS3)

Quote:
    "However, once Franklin turned his undivided attention to mixed martial arts, the results were spectacular. He went unbeaten in his first 13 professional fights (12 wins, no losses and one no contest), before suffering his first loss at the hands of Lyoto Machida nearly four years after his professional debut."
  • UFC 2009 Undisputed Videos (360)

Game: UFC 2009 UndisputedReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
UFC 2009 Undisputed Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BSanders @ 01/17/09 12:24 PM
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/ufc...e-date-888699/ A couple of pages of gathered info and it sounds more like a sim to me.

# 2 taiketsu @ 01/18/09 12:13 AM
Is it just me, or do the animations look awfully stiff? Judging from these gameplay videos, it looks like the old ufc games with a new coat of current-gen graphics. I really hope this game offers more depth.

# 3 allBthere @ 01/18/09 12:45 AM
I looks great to me. Better than anything i've seen from a fighting game.

It's not perfect looking, but what is?

anyway, my biggest concern is that the cpu and defensive controls are good enough to allow a bunch of fights to go to a decision, and most go beyond the first round. So far it seems as if most fights wont get out of the first 2min, let alone round 1.

of course we don't know much about the controls, but I haven't heard much about blocking/covering up etc.

very pumped for this, it can't come out soon enough for me - I haven't bought a hand-to-hand combat game for the 360, and I've had it for a long time now.

# 4 aholbert32 @ 01/18/09 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiketsu
Is it just me, or do the animations look awfully stiff? Judging from these gameplay videos, it looks like the old ufc games with a new coat of current-gen graphics. I really hope this game offers more depth.

I'm sorry. This looks nothing like the old UFC games. I just finished playing UFC Sudden Impact and that isnt even close to these videos.

# 5 Scoop_Brady @ 01/19/09 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
I wonder who they'll confirm before the next show. That seems to be the pattern.

GSP and BJ have already been confirmed. Maybe Silva/Machida? Diaz/Guida would be sweet.
Well I think we can almost guarantee that Chris Lytle will be in the game considering his banner had an ad for the game on it. You wouldn't think he'd have that ad if he wasn't in the game.

# 6 mgoblue @ 01/19/09 11:21 AM
I don't think anyone should expect full sim, but we can't get a whole lot from this because Dana, Bisping, and all the others we've seen play don't know crap about controls...

It's like watching a NBA 2k cheeser play on video and making a decision on the game off of that.

# 7 Salhus @ 01/19/09 06:42 PM
I hope Fedor gets in this game somehow

# 8 mgoblue @ 01/19/09 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
I hope Fedor gets in this game somehow
Unless there's some sort of create a wrestler I can guarantee he won't....

# 9 Salhus @ 01/25/09 02:45 AM
^Why's that?

# 10 Salhus @ 01/25/09 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Unless there's some sort of create a wrestler I can guarantee he won't....
btw, there is a 'create-a-fighter' feature. Not sure if you can play with him in career mode, though.

# 11 shorty12345 @ 01/25/09 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
^Why's that?
Fedor is not under an UFC contract. He's currently signed with Affliction. He fought last night against Arlovski, didn't see the outcome yet.

# 12 Salhus @ 01/25/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Like shorty said, Fedor has nothing to do with the UFC, he's never stepped into the octagon in his career - so there's no reason he'd be in the game.

I don't know how good this create a fighter will be, but I'm sure people will have a template out for him pretty quickly.

Ok I got it. Can't wait for those templates your talking about

# 13 allBthere @ 01/25/09 07:36 PM
my hope is that w/ create a fighter is that you can creat many many people, and that if you aren't controlling them, they will be in cards/events anyway.

For example this way, I could create fedor, but also myself as a heavyweight and try to work up the ranks and beat him. Or create kimbo slice and make him a
'journeyman' etc.. lots of possiblities,..but i bet like most games you will create someone at the beginning of your 'career' and they will be forever connected.

# 14 Salhus @ 01/25/09 09:49 PM
Yeah. Fedor. Kimbo. Lesnar

# 15 Motown @ 01/25/09 09:58 PM
If the CAF feature is in, I'll be uploading mine

# 16 shorty12345 @ 01/27/09 11:31 PM
Lesnar already has been confirmed for the game. On IGN they already have videos of his character.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.