Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Check out the feature list for Major League Baseball 2K9.

Quote:
• Living Rosters – Active roster updates guarantee your game is current. Rosters are automatically updated behind the scenes, so you’re never late on a trade and always have the hottest players in your starting lineup.
• More Signature Style™ – 2K Sports adds to its impressive library of player–specific animations with more than 300 new signature animations, bringing players to life at the plate, on the mound and in the field, allowing you to play ball like never before.
• Next-Gen Controls – Right stick pitching, batting and responsive fielding bring your virtual baseball experience into the next generation. Improved two-step Precision Pitching™ controls, deeper Swing Stick™ batting and quick fielding responses round out your control of the game.
• Franchise Mode – Take charge of your franchise and enjoy the all-new MLB.com presentation style, a new level of CPU customization, multi-player functionality, and real player ambitions.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 brendanrfoley @ 01/26/09 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
The controls sound absolutely horrid. It's interesting that they took their most strained, complex features and stretched their small level of simplicity even thinner.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Simple isn't necessarily a bad thing, either. The Show and Power Pros both offer "simple" control interfaces that offer a great deal of depth.

Care to elaborate?

# 42 gdavis2570 @ 01/26/09 12:34 PM
Do you guys think this game will play well on the PS3. I have both consoles, but would like to get this for only one of them. Not sure if this is where i should ask this question.

# 43 SoxFan01605 @ 01/26/09 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis2570
Do you guys think this game will play well on the PS3. I have both consoles, but would like to get this for only one of them. Not sure if this is where i should ask this question.
Generally speaking, the multiplatforms tend to be better on 360. The 2K baseball games have been a shining example of that...lol. Plus last year, as I recall, there was no support for 2K8 on PS3 while the 360 got it's fixes (to a degree of course).

Now, if you'd just prefer it on the PS3 (some do, for controls or console stability for example) then you might be best served waiting it out to see how the reviews compare and go from athere. Just keep last year's patch debacle in the back of your mind.

# 44 gdavis2570 @ 01/26/09 02:25 PM
Thanks for your help. I had 2K8 for the 360 and after the patch it played alright, then when i got my PS3 I bought it for that and was not happy so I will wait it out and keep reading this fourm to see how you guys like it, i learn alot from the serious gamers on this site, you guys really help alot.

# 45 ryanj81592 @ 02/02/09 09:23 PM
I wish this had some kind of career mode like in mlb the show

# 46 Lordcledus @ 02/03/09 04:25 AM
2k share and living rosters will be a big plus. I'm a show guy all the way, but I have hopes for 2k9 this year.

# 47 brendanrfoley @ 02/03/09 10:18 AM
I like the idea of 2K Share, especially when it comes to sliders. No longer will we have to tweak, count and finagle dozens of settings. Just download them from a friend and we're set.

# 48 roadman @ 02/04/09 01:23 PM
Any word on Manage Mode, like HH had, not the 5 minute Manage Mode that MVP had?

I suppose since FOM came out, this seems unlikely.

# 49 Lordcledus @ 02/09/09 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
that would be awesome! does it update roster pictures also? this would come in handy for some midseason roster moves and call ups
I know in NBA 2k9 they updated photos for some of the players that were added through the living roster updates.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.