Home
News Post

Gamespy has posted their preview of MLB 09 The Show.

Quote:
"While gameplay looks to be fairly similar to last year's version of The Show, Sony meticulously improved the visuals. Lighting garnered the most attention, with shadows more prevalent and more realistic effects everywhere. Whether it's the bill of a player's cap or the sun ducking behind the stadium at dusk, shadows are more noticeable and actually have an effect on the look and feel of the game, changing as the game goes on. Also changing throughout the games will be the condition of the fields themselves, which will show wear and tear throughout the season in franchise mode."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 johnny4LSU @ 01/27/09 05:29 PM
i just got a ps3 so ive never even played this game but ive been reading on it and i cant wait to give it a shot

# 42 johnny4LSU @ 01/27/09 05:32 PM
@ my last post i meant ive never played a baseball game on ps3 lol.. i had to correct that but yeah this will def. be my first and from what ive read i cant wait

# 43 tree3five @ 01/27/09 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnnyjohnsonx
i just got a ps3 so ive never even played this game but ive been reading on it and i cant wait to give it a shot
go download the 08 demo on PSN, give you a little taste.

# 44 AUTiger1 @ 01/27/09 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Well ASB had them(awesome)...

..and MVP and 2K had the cut scene showing the pitchers warming up.

It's nice to not get "shocked" when you see that brief....overhead-pull away shot all of a sudden and realize you're getting a pinch hitter or relief pitcher put in the game.

Just a brief..."and so and so has grabbed a bat...it looks like he'll be hitting for so and so"(with a brief cut scene) and a quick cut scene of the RP warming up and a brief word from the announcers would go a LONG way to helping in this area.
We'll see! in a couple of days.

M.K.
Knight165
I read yesterday that 2k is putting in a real time living world on their game this year. Meaning that the players walking to and from the dugouts and pitchers warming up in the bullpen and all that great stuff will just happen around you in real time without cut scenes. That sounds awesome and a step in the right direction. Maybe next year The Show will have that.

# 45 Knight165 @ 01/27/09 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
MVP had them and so did the Show last year. The only problem with the Show's last year was that they only show your guys and if you wanted to see the CPU you had to take control of the team and put them in the bullpen. Then you would see them.
Yeah...but not an option in MoM(I hope they gave us control of both teams this year though! )

M.K.
Knight165

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.