Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has the scoop.

Quote:
"I have received confirmation from SCEA that the PS3 demo for MLB 09 The Show is expected to be out tomorrow February 5th. Generally PSN updates at around 3pm PT. The demo is four innings long and features a rematch of the World Series with the Tampa Bay Rays at the Philadelphia Phillies. As mentioned in my community preview write-ups the demo is based on a month old build but it should be a fair representation of what to expect with the final product."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 brunnoce @ 02/04/09 10:27 AM
OMG!
better: thank god!
or evan better: thank god and SCEA!

great news if its true, as i think it is...

# 22 Betterai @ 02/04/09 10:28 AM
Yeah fellas as per an email I got from Sony yesterday, tomorrow at 12 noon est we'll be in baseball heaven, albeit only 5 innings....didn't say anywhere in the email I couldn't say anything lol

DJ Rhude

# 23 rudyjuly2 @ 02/04/09 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
On a side note if it is true I'll have to stay away from OS tomorrow until I get home. No way I'm reading about the demo when I'm stuck at work.
You won't have the willpower! You will read like crazy and end up leaving early!

# 24 Motown @ 02/04/09 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You won't have the willpower! You will read like crazy and end up leaving early!
SONY servers will be SMOKIN' tomorrow...hope they hold up

# 25 Skyboxer @ 02/04/09 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Actually the more I think about it I won't have any troubles staying away and avoiding the thread... I mean I, well I'm just saying, it's really because,....

Crap.....

You're right....

# 26 Tatz666 @ 02/04/09 10:36 AM
Hope the PSN is ready for the tsunami of show fanatics who will be downloading the demo....theres a serious amount of hype for this game and with good reason.

lets just hope and pray that its out tomorrow

# 27 riDIRKulous41 @ 02/04/09 10:36 AM
While I cant wait to play the demo, this is going to make me fiend even more for this game...if that is even possible

# 28 Shakedowncapo @ 02/04/09 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
Yeah fellas as per an email I got from Sony yesterday, tomorrow at 12 noon est we'll be in baseball heaven, albeit only 5 innings....didn't say anywhere in the email I couldn't say anything lol

DJ Rhude
Thanks for the heads-up and game info Rhude...Much appreciated.

# 29 bukktown @ 02/04/09 10:41 AM
has this been agreat week or what?

# 30 silver540i @ 02/04/09 10:42 AM
If true, this forum is going to explode tomorrow. The game has truly become great on so many levels.

# 31 ckarlic @ 02/04/09 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatz666
Hope the PSN is ready for the tsunami of show fanatics who will be downloading the demo....theres a serious amount of hype for this game and with good reason.

lets just hope and pray that its out tomorrow
True..time to break out my 100ft Ethernet cable

# 32 Blzer @ 02/04/09 10:48 AM
Holy crap!

I hope it's a Rays @ Phillies 7:00 start.

Good lord, I can't wait for this moment! I'll be home at 12:30 PST, but only until 1:45 I won't have much time for play (if any, since the servers will be tied up), but any is good enough for me!

Watch as the slider hounds start making threads by Friday.

Speaking of, I hope this time around that after a game it goes back to the menu and we don't lose any options we had set, unlike last year's demo where it quit to the XMB and we had to restart. If not, five innings is always better than three!

# 33 JoeDog10 @ 02/04/09 10:50 AM
I would assume the demo will feature TB & PHI? Those should be two pretty fun teams to play with over the next month or so. Hamels, Howard, Utley, Rollins, Crawford, Longoria, Kazmir, Upton - should be awesome!

# 34 Skyboxer @ 02/04/09 10:58 AM
The demo could just be batting practice and I'd still be happy.....

# 35 NAFBUC @ 02/04/09 11:02 AM
With the news of the Demo tomorrow, I have a feeling we will have an early release date.

# 36 Pared @ 02/04/09 11:02 AM
The demo will show you the menu's, options.... and that's it.

There, I ruined it for everyone. Enjoy!

# 37 BKAraujo @ 02/04/09 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
five innings is always better than three!
I bet its 5 innings so we can see the dusk to night transition.

# 38 Blzer @ 02/04/09 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAraujo
I bet its 5 innings so we can see the dusk to night transition.
That was my initial reaction as well, which is why I hope we're not getting a demo at Tropicana Field.

# 39 brunnoce @ 02/04/09 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
With the news of the Demo tomorrow, I have a feeling we will have an early release date.
i highly doubt that...mlb has rules that games cant come out befor march 1st, and march 1st is a sunday than march 2nd they will be problaby distributing the game, so march 3rd is actually the earliest possible date i think

# 40 JoeDog10 @ 02/04/09 11:19 AM
Not only did I buy a PS3 simply for this game a couple months ago, but I also just bought a 67" Samsung about a month ago. I am drooling just thinking about how great this game is going to look.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.