Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

2K Sports sent us the latest beta copy of Major League Baseball 2K9. As always, here are the meat and potato screenshots. We'll have the franchise screenshots up tomorrow.

Not allowed to post videos until tomorrow, but you can bet we'll have plenty to view over the weekend.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MattNYY @ 02/12/09 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
i noticed 2 things, one of which i did not like.

first i noticed there was a hurry up baseball option.. that seems like an awesome option for those who dont want all the replays and celebrations.

the one thing i did not like is that there was no net behind homeplate to protect the audience from foul balls.. kind of reminds me of madden without the feild goal nets...
yea there is!!!!

# 42 redsox0717 @ 02/12/09 05:46 PM
Love the screens, but I am very disappointed in the Josh Beckett model. Especially with his hair. Why does 2k think he has a mullet? This is what he looks like this spring training.

boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/02_11_09_spring_training?pg=6

No mullet, no shaggy hair. PLEASE fix Beckett.

# 43 NumberOneRB @ 02/12/09 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox0717
Love the screens, but I am very disappointed in the Josh Beckett model. Especially with his hair. Why does 2k think he has a mullet? This is what he looks like this spring training.

boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/02_11_09_spring_training?pg=6

No mullet, no shaggy hair. PLEASE fix Beckett.
Or you could just fix it yourself...

# 44 redsox0717 @ 02/12/09 05:53 PM
who says you can change other player's hair

# 45 CarryTheWeight @ 02/12/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
The PC version is your friend.

# 46 HK-47 @ 02/12/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
A tip for people having problems viewing bigger screens:

Right click, copy the "image location" and paste it. Erase the part that says "thumbnail" and click enter. The full image should pop up.

And stateprop...Which image do you see the batting practice option?
Thanks man

# 47 NumberOneRB @ 02/12/09 06:00 PM
Quote:
From what I remember from NBA 2K9 (also a VC developed game), you could edit the hairstyles of players yourself. It appears that VC has transplanted a lot of features and menu visuals from NBA 2K9, so I'm just putting two and two together.

# 48 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/12/09 06:00 PM
Though like baa, I am disappointed that they seem to have removed the Step Influence Slider, I really like the other additions they have made...

Now let me go finish checking out what goodies Steve gave us..

# 49 Pirate @ 02/12/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
i noticed 2 things, one of which i did not like.

first i noticed there was a hurry up baseball option.. that seems like an awesome option for those who dont want all the replays and celebrations.

the one thing i did not like is that there was no net behind homeplate to protect the audience from foul balls.. kind of reminds me of madden without the feild goal nets...
There's a net behind the plate.

You can see it in the Beckett pitching images. The graphics are weaker than I expected, but it's an improvement over what I've been playing... MVP 2005.

# 50 Pirate @ 02/12/09 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
The PC version is your friend.
We don't have any tools to edit head shpaes and therefore mullets. Most likely the tools for MVP won't work with this game.

# 51 krazzed @ 02/12/09 06:10 PM
First I'm going to start off with what I like and what looks good. I think the customization for the cameras for both the pitching and batting are amazing, and like the way its done. Now for the bad....

This picture reminds me a lot of ASB 2005. That's the game I've been playing a lot of recently because of the Expansion mode, and when I play the occasional game, it looks very similar to this. The way the angle is set up, and how far away the camera is actually from the field and the players look like little ants just reminds me of ASB 2005. Hopefully theres a way to change the angle. At least the players actually look good unlike the players in ASB.

# 52 dtigers63 @ 02/12/09 06:10 PM
The only pic that bothers me is the next to last one posted today. Look at Drew and then look at the outfield grass, is it just me or does the outfield look like a grid? Other than that things are looking pretty darn good.

# 53 dtigers63 @ 02/12/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzed
First I'm going to start off with what I like and what looks good. I think the customization for the cameras for both the pitching and batting are amazing, and like the way its done. Now for the bad....

This picture reminds me a lot of ASB 2005. That's the game I've been playing a lot of recently because of the Expansion mode, and when I play the occasional game, it looks very similar to this. The way the angle is set up, and how far away the camera is actually from the field and the players look like little ants just reminds me of ASB 2005. Hopefully theres a way to change the angle. At least the players actually look good unlike the players in ASB.
And this is the picture I was talking about, thanks Krazzed. The outfield looks unusual.

# 54 PVarck31 @ 02/12/09 06:15 PM
Quote:

See I love this pic. I like the further back view for fielding. I like to see more of the ball. To me this is perfect.

# 55 JoshCA916 @ 02/12/09 06:17 PM
i know steve said no requests, but i am just curious as to when OS can start giving out their own information of the game copy they have? game looks good in most parts(just hope it plays well).

# 56 johnnyg713 @ 02/12/09 06:20 PM
Quote:

I don't really like the diamond at the bottom of the screen, i never appreciated the actual videos of the baserunners now that its not in the game.

# 57 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/12/09 06:21 PM
We'll after checking out the other screens, If the sliders work correctly, the gameplay is good, running @ 60fps & we get progressive lighting, we just may have a sleeper on our hands this year.. The customization options in all areas is

These things will let me be forgiving if the graphics are not that great..

needs videos NOW.......

# 58 jeffy777 @ 02/12/09 06:25 PM
At the very least, the graphics look better than last year, which is definitely a good thing.

# 59 Shakedowncapo @ 02/12/09 06:29 PM
Im hoping steve has the videos ready to go at 12:01am

# 60 lived @ 02/12/09 06:33 PM
My only complaint from the images is why did they take out those indicators above the fielders head when throwing. Those were sweet, now were back to the standard meter

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.