Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

2K Sports sent us the latest beta copy of Major League Baseball 2K9. As always, here are the meat and potato screenshots. We'll have the franchise screenshots up tomorrow.

Not allowed to post videos until tomorrow, but you can bet we'll have plenty to view over the weekend.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 SevenTwentyNine @ 02/12/09 07:58 PM
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Especially all the options and the create a player looks great.

# 102 Pirate @ 02/12/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
You can't be a baseball fan and NOT want TWO great games. It makes no sense. What happens if one company, or the other, suddenly goes belly up? I agree with your post and also think the PS3 crowd wants this game to succeed, too. Well, they should.
I'm excited to have two options. I think SCEA and 2K are pushing each other to improve and that is all we could hope for. That and one of the two games is coming out for the PC!

# 103 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/12/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
If you are that much of a Graphic Whore then this game is not for you. Obviously the Graphics are terrible or not up to your standard, you made that painfully obvious..

You've also made it obvious that this company has wronged you the last couple of years. If this is the case why are you here? Why not move-on?
And why cant I expect them to have great graphics and gameplay to boot in this current gen?

Why am I here? Because I can. I am a member of this community. And I am a baseball fan. In which I would like to have two good games out on the market for competition reasons, to make each other improve. And not have it one maker, because we know what happens there.

My complaint is the blatant doctoring of photos. And seeing shot after shot on game sites not matching 2K's, it is painfully obvious, and maybe (a shred of doubt) but maybe a 2k rep will see that gamers dont tolerate blatant BS. But to stick up for it rather, and make excuses for that is troublesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
It bothers me because it's the same BS time after time after time. The graphics sux. The screens are doctored...blah blah blah..

Can't you people come-up with something else to complain about, instead of b***** & moaning about the same stuff

Their was a bunch of good stuff posted by Steve, yet that wasn't talked about was it. NO because people can't let their anger over what this series has been for the last 3 years go..
Stop right there. You only choose to read this stuff, since there is just as much if not more praise in here. But since it conforms with your ideals, you see right through that, and become reactionary instead.

# 104 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/12/09 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
I'm excited to have two options. I think SCEA and 2K are pushing each other to improve and that is all we could hope for. That and one of the two games is coming out for the PC!
/agree

And this is what it is all about.

# 105 nemesis04 @ 02/12/09 08:02 PM
These two forums are like the Hatfield's and the McCoy's, lol.

I am more about gameplay and I am really anxious to see this game in action.

# 106 SoxFan01605 @ 02/12/09 08:03 PM
So, uhh...how's about that local sports team? They're, uhh...looking pretty good huh...lol.

# 107 jeffy777 @ 02/12/09 08:03 PM
Maybe joe and enigma can settle their differences through PM and let the rest of us actually discuss the screens

# 108 CarryTheWeight @ 02/12/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
You can't be a baseball fan and NOT want TWO great games. It makes no sense. What happens if one company, or the other, suddenly goes belly up? I agree with your post and also think the PS3 crowd wants this game to succeed, too. Well, they should.
I'm just using that as an example, given the amount of times I see posts on this forum saying "there's no choice on PS3". I've always said that competition is the best thing for sports video games, we've seen what a lack of competition has done already in football and in college basketball, so, if anything, there should be more of it around. It gives each development team enough incentive to make the best game possible. Hopefully, 2K steps up to the table this year and is able to mend, if not repair, any lost faith in the series.

# 109 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/12/09 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Maybe joe and enigma can settle their differences through PM and let the rest of us actually discuss the screens

I wish I could discuss them, but if it isnt lust/praise I get forum policed.

The clouds were nice though!

# 110 SoxFan01605 @ 02/12/09 08:08 PM
Quote:
You stay out of this, lol.
Sorry dad...

# 111 DaveDQ @ 02/12/09 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
These two forums are like the Hatfield's and the McCoy's, lol.

I am more about gameplay and I am really anxious to see this game in action.
Reminds me of a joke...The MLB The Show guys were throwing dynamite over to the MLB 2K guys' camp. The MLB 2K guys were lighting it and throwing it back.

# 112 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/12/09 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I wish I could discuss them, but if it isnt lust/praise I get forum policed.

The clouds were nice though!
I would like to extend you an apology for the way I reacted a couple of pages ago bro. Long day @ work coupled with my anxiousness for baseball gaming to start got the best me...

This apology also goes out to anyone else I may have angered

# 113 nemesis04 @ 02/12/09 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Reminds me of a joke...The MLB The Show guys were throwing dynamite over to the MLB 2K guys' camp. The MLB 2K guys were lighting it and throwing it back.
I hope you keep your day job because as a comedian at night, not so much!

# 114 HK-47 @ 02/12/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikSaban
This isn't the 2k forums. If you don't like the negative posts, then go to the 2k forums and enjoy the positive posts by the kids over there.
The Show girls have infiltrated those forums too.

All of their post are like this..."I'm getting The Show first, because I know what I'm getting with that game" , or "2k sucks!The Show FTW!!" ,blah, blah,blah.They hate 2k, yet still post on their forums just to talk **** about the game.

The Show girls are like sick cult members trying to recruit people to their side.

# 115 Knight165 @ 02/12/09 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47

All of their post are like this..."I'm getting The Show first, because I know what I'm getting with that game" , or "2k sucks!The Show FTW!!" ,blah, blah,blah.They hate 2k, yet still post on their forums just to talk **** about the game.

The Show girls are like sick cult members trying to recruit people to their side.

Thanks for injecting some much needed humor into this little tete tete
Oh...but you're serious...
You need help.

M.K.
Knight165

# 116 SoxFan01605 @ 02/12/09 08:46 PM
Quote:

lol...this helps;

Look, you have morons everywhere. There have been a fair share trolling on the Show forum here as well. The 2K site is begging to be trolled since it fosters a much less mature environment. We all have our moments here too of course...lol...but not as bad as that site.

It was like that there last year too. A bunch of people had their "I'm jumping ship" moments (especially before the mods actually started showing back up) and then a bunch of peope went with the "Show Girls" approach (equally as silly...sorry) and it was a mess of uselessness.

Disappointment tends to foster bitterness. I think that's where a bunch of it comes from.

Thus concludes the shallow thoughts masquerading as deep, portion of the thread...lol.

# 117 NikSaban @ 02/12/09 08:55 PM
Quote:

# 118 duke776 @ 02/12/09 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Since we are now girls. What up Bitch!

# 119 HK-47 @ 02/12/09 09:01 PM
No way are 2k trolls worst than The Show girls.Show girls pop up everywhere...2ksports.com,Operation Sports,Gamespot,Pasta Padre, and it won't be too long untill they attack 2k's face book.

Prepare for battle 2k!

# 120 jeffy777 @ 02/12/09 09:01 PM
Where's a facepalm smilie when I need it? This thread has gone to the gutter....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.