Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Gamespot has posted a Major League Baseball 2K9 video, showcasing the Cardinals @ Cubs.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Trevytrev11 @ 02/13/09 04:06 PM
Gotta love Rich Harden sporting the A's cap in his profile picture. They really need to find a way around this...maybe generic hats for everyone.

# 2 larma @ 02/13/09 04:07 PM
Thanks for the link.

# 3 Trevytrev11 @ 02/13/09 04:17 PM
I still think the outfielders are way too quick. On the double to the Right Center gap for the Cubs that scores the run, the Card's centerfielder is shading to the left and still gets to the ball in time to play the hop off the wall. Just wathing the replays at the end of the inning and he is just moving at way to high of a speed.

Again, this should have been a very easy double, but as you see the runner is just getting into second as the ball hits the cutoff man. Had that ball gone to second, it wouldn't have been a bang-bang play, but it would have been way too close for that type of hit. That is a ball the runner should have walked into second on.

# 4 The Living Legend @ 02/13/09 04:18 PM
Watched half of it so far, Loved the when Puljos( or however you spell it) got up and fist pump that was cool. I think im the only one who doesnt mind the Bat sound and when the homerun was hit so the crowd going after it really well and you see one fan smaking another fan with his hat that was pretty bad ***. To bad the player skipped the whole scene i wanted to see what else, and the crowd chant of throw it back was cool.

# 5 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/09 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Gotta love Rich Harden sporting the A's cap in his profile picture. They really need to find a way around this...maybe generic hats for everyone.
Oh I know man there is a way to do it because that is what they do in MLB the show they always have maybe it has something to do with coding who knows?

# 6 bcruise @ 02/13/09 04:20 PM
So far Steve's video has been the only one that actually shows how to pitch...the others have no clue.

It's not supposed to end in the yellow folks!

Seriously though, it makes it really hard to judge gameplay when the previews have no idea what they're doing with the controls...no wonder the CPU is swinging so much (and with good contact) when the user botches the meter.

# 7 Brooklynnets24 @ 02/13/09 04:20 PM
is 2K handicapped from putting updated player pictures?

# 8 jeffy777 @ 02/13/09 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
does that organ ever stop playing!?
That's how it is at Wrigley. Get over it

# 9 jeffy777 @ 02/13/09 04:22 PM
Nice to see you can hide the pitch info/meters

# 10 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/09 04:27 PM
I guess the scoreboards don't work. When Derek Lee stepped up to the plate it gave his season stats with 5 HR's and 14 RBI's 11RS. Bummer.

# 11 Brooklynnets24 @ 02/13/09 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I guess the scoreboards don't work. When Derek Lee stepped up to the plate it gave his season stats with 5 HR's and 14 RBI's 11RS. Bummer.
if oyu looked at the video stats you can easily see its franchise mode.

# 12 Stroehms @ 02/13/09 04:30 PM
Commentary and inning to inning transition is nice.

# 13 Sedihawk2K5 @ 02/13/09 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnets24
is 2K handicapped from putting updated player pictures?
I think all the player pics are simply the MLB pressbox photos from spring of 2008. That's why you see a lot of good new ones (Soto, Fontenot) but some are outdated (Harden). I would bet even Manny has his Bosox hat?

One touch that is cool though is when the players come up to hit and you see their mug shot in the game. They do a good job of showing the team's logo in the background of the mug shot, so it helps a little bit. Not as good as the other game does in photoshopping the pressbox photos, but still, it helps at least a little bit.

But to each his/her own. So many people have nitpicked this game to death after screenshots and now some preliminary beta videos. It's pretty amazing how much hate is out there for 2K and this game.

# 14 dynastynation @ 02/13/09 04:40 PM
Why does Wellemeyer start the game from the stretch? lol

# 15 tyler289 @ 02/13/09 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott4171
OMG, I am so embarrassed about this game, Yes its better then 2k8, but the painted look of the players and just the whole atmosphere is bad. Like I said it maybe better then 2k8 and I feel for the Xbox people but this is not baseball. The animations are horrible. It's funny when the pitcher covers the catcher at 3:58 point, the catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher awkwardly and he isn't even facing the pitcher when he thows it back. Ugh I wanted to like this game but I will buy the show...

Last point the crowd was motionless as Pulos hits a homerun, no cheers or anything/ Such a letdown
You want the Cubs fans to cheer a Pujols home run?

# 16 HK-47 @ 02/13/09 04:50 PM
lol, and wasn't it Troy Glaus that hit the HR?

# 17 SoxFan01605 @ 02/13/09 04:52 PM
Well, nothing new for me. I hold to my concerns, but continue to be impressed by the presentation/commentary.

I'm curious to see how much is changed in the final build.

EDIT: On a side note, it's always painful to watch scrubs play the game. Swing at everything (taking balls over the plate and swinging at balls on their wrists...lol), pitch like crap, cut through what's important, etc.

# 18 ckarlic @ 02/13/09 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
does that organ ever stop playing!?
I agree. That damn organ music is painful to listen to.

# 19 Eddie1967 @ 02/13/09 04:53 PM
Quote:
First of all Eddie, I am not trolling. I am allowed to express my first amendment right. If you don't like it dont read it. There is new stuff coming out and I wanted to like this game and succeed but I am saying they changed some things for the good meaning its playable but the animations are not good. So thanks for reading my post glad you liked them
Well said, I agree. I take this stuff way too seriously sometimes. My bad.

# 20 TeixeiraFanatic @ 02/13/09 04:57 PM
Quote:
No but in the other game they atleast BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Well a lot of fans don't boo after an opposing player hits a home-run.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.