Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, for the scoop.

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans, we’re back again with another (quick) update for Madden NFL 10. After talking about technology and philosophy for the past few weeks, we thought it was a good idea to actually show you a new feature this week. Now being that it’s so early in the year, we obviously can’t show big grandiose new features, so we wanted to show something that is in the game that came directly from community feedback and wishlists. It’s been a long time coming for this one...I’m stoked that we were finally able to get this in."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ewto16 @ 02/16/09 02:26 PM
Nice to see some new info and that Ian and company are apparnetly listening to what we want in the community.

Thanks for the info.

# 22 NEW_ORLEANS @ 02/16/09 02:29 PM
I rather David Ortiz. Just kidding.

# 23 rudyjuly2 @ 02/16/09 02:35 PM
It's good this finally got implemented.

# 24 Joborule @ 02/16/09 02:36 PM
Nice! Good to have half tackles and sacks finally!

Also guess we're getting some new look on the front end as well.

# 25 Palo20 @ 02/16/09 02:52 PM
Are there going to be 3 different columns for tackles: Total, Solo, Assisted?

# 26 cedwebb @ 02/16/09 03:00 PM
This is great news as this was something that always bothered me. I would imagine that there are going to be new tackling animations to go along with this. Maybe we will get alot more gang tackling which would be killer.

On a side note..on that blog there are cyber athletes shown and Favre is the on there..does that look alot more cleaner looking or is it just me? Hmm..wonder if that is 10? Doubt it!

# 27 daplayawitdafunk @ 02/16/09 03:18 PM
Not to rain on everybodies parade here but just for Due Diligence are their still regular tackles in the game. I understand that they may be to the left unpictured on the screen, but make sure that all tackles arent assisted tackles please. Dwight Freeney could have 3 tackles with 8 assisted tackles. You get what im saying? How would the total work in the game. Would it show 11 tackles or 3 tackles total. Just make sure that part of the equation is correct.

# 28 S1ARk5 @ 02/16/09 03:21 PM
this is good news certainly however i do hope they have variety in the stats meaning, if a player has 12 tackles for the whole game i hope those 12 tackles did not all come from TFL (tackls for loss)... i hope to see 12 tackls total, with 3 tackls for loss and 1.5 sacks just as an example....it kills me in other maddens i would have 7 tackles and 6 would be tfl....i hope this is not the case in madden 10

# 29 SHO @ 02/16/09 03:55 PM
Hopefully they continue to tweak the overall stats. Run-stopping defensive ends and tackles should not be among the league leaders in sacks.

# 30 kcq71 @ 02/16/09 04:03 PM
I want to see how the game plays.Nice they are giving attention to detail like 2k5 did in 2004 with the same feature

# 31 g2thecore @ 02/16/09 04:04 PM
Great job Ian and Co.! Though I must admit, I don't really care much for assisted tackles and 1/2 sacks. But it's still good to see that they're listening to the community feedback.

# 32 roadman @ 02/16/09 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcq71
Great 2k5 feature
Glory Days Lyrics

Artist: Bruce Springsteen

I had a friend was a big baseball player
back in high school
He could throw that speedball by you
Make you look like a fool boy
Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
I was walking in, he was walking out
We went back inside sat down had a few drinks
but all he kept talking about was

Chorus:
Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Well there's a girl that lives up the block
back in school she could turn all the boy's heads
Sometimes on a Friday I'll stop by
and have a few drinks after she put her kids to bed
Her and her husband Bobby well they split up
I guess it's two years gone by now
We just sit around talking about the old times,
she says when she feels like crying
she starts laughing thinking about

Chorus

My old man worked 20 years on the line
and they let him go
Now everywhere he goes out looking for work
they just tell him that he's too old
I was 9 nine years old and he was working at the
Metuchen Ford plant assembly line
Now he just sits on a stool down at the Legion hall
but I can tell what's on his mind

Glory days yeah goin back
Glory days aw he ain't never had
Glory days, glory days

Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight
and I'm going to drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
but I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days

# 33 mwjr @ 02/16/09 04:11 PM
Color me cautiosly optimistic.

# 34 bonannogiovanni @ 02/16/09 04:36 PM
forgive my ignorance but what is a half sack?

# 35 CM Hooe @ 02/16/09 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
forgive my ignorance but what is a half sack?
If two players simultaneously tackle a quarterback behind the line of scrimmage, each is credited with a half of a sack.

# 36 DubTrey @ 02/16/09 05:00 PM
Better late than never I suppose. Hopefully, this year will be the year to remember for Madden fans.

# 37 bonannogiovanni @ 02/16/09 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
If two players simultaneously tackle a quarterback behind the line of scrimmage, each is credited with a half of a sack.
thanks i didn't know, so theoretically even 1/3 of a sack would be possible?

# 38 bowdown2shadi @ 02/16/09 05:09 PM
I wanted a good read. But a paragraph is fine I guess.

Make next weeks update about 5 paragraphs or something!

Anyways, nice feature, glad its in.

# 39 Hotlanta @ 02/16/09 05:12 PM
It's nice to see assisted tackles and half sacks making there debut to Madden.

I know there's still tweaking and stuff being done, but the TFL column has me somewhat concerned.

# 40 Nza @ 02/16/09 06:02 PM
This is great - finally in Madden.

I assume though that solo tackles are just not on the screen when the shot was taken? 'Total' as per most NFL stats would be good too. Obviously you can't just have 'assisted' tackles, right?

What makes a 'solo' tackle anyway? If he starts the tackle and another defender joins in, are both credited an assist? or does the first guy get a solo, and the next guy an assist? I assume it's the latter as most defenders in the NFL seem to have more solo tackles than asists. If they had to tackle entirely unassisted then surely solo tackles in the NFL would be much lower. Anyway, hopefully these are all portrayed in Madden 10 otherwise it's a little pointless IMO.

BTW Ian, it would be cool if you could add a tackles to the team stat screen. I'd be cool to see which defenses were abused more, and which swarmed to the ball more (i.e. most assists) over the course of a season. Even if there is an inherent disconnection between how a team performs in a simmed game and in an actual played game, it would still be nice to see.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.