Home
News Post

The MLB 09 The Show team has just sent us this exclusive video clip. It showcases a sacrifice fly with Ichiro attempting to gun down Granderson at the plate.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 gbx34 @ 02/25/09 12:34 AM
That would of been even better if they recreated the Derek Jeter play.

# 62 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/09 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
That would of been even better if they recreated the Derek Jeter play.

The 'lack there of' play from Giambi?

Slide you fool, you would have been safe.

# 63 Cubfan @ 02/25/09 12:37 AM
Great video your making the wait for next Tuesday even worse thanks Steve.

# 64 hukasmokincaterpillar @ 02/25/09 12:58 AM
Whoever puts these cinematics together at SD does a consistently great job. Especially since its all basically gameplay with a debug camera. Hats off guys.

# 65 kennyacid @ 02/25/09 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
And did say how awesome the LED board are!
Yes you have 99999932333445454 times, might have been more but I lost count lol

# 66 inkcil @ 02/25/09 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
My only gripe is that I wish the ump looked around and made sure the catcher had it before calling him out. You can see as soon as they make contact, he is already saying out. Takes away from of the suspense of the ball trickling out, or being out of the glove when you see the ump already making the call as the play is happening.
wow...great post. This is something developers should think about adding next year...the way umps at all bases often delay that call. It really adds to the game in real life and would make the show 2010 that much sweeter (also having batcatchers remove their masks to catch pop-ups or throw runners out).

# 67 kennyacid @ 02/25/09 01:29 AM
Quote:
Sweet now it is 99999932333445455. I love that LED Board! That reflection on the helmet was sweet too.
Yeah the reflection on the helmets in this game is crazy. I just hope my store has it 2morrow

# 68 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/09 01:32 AM
Quote:
Sweet now it is 99999932333445455. I love that LED Board! That reflection on the helmet was sweet too.

Yeah, but there is no-one in the stands in the reflection per the 2K dev!

Even though it is amazingly sick, with the stadium lights and LED board reflecting in the helmet!

# 69 Knight165 @ 02/25/09 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Yeah, but there is no-one in the stands in the reflection per the 2K dev!

He should worry about his own $hi7 ...that guy.
When I first fired up the 2K demo....and saw those faces....I thought I accidentally popped in my HH2001 disc!

j/k.....j/k....

M.K.

# 70 racerx9 @ 02/25/09 01:41 AM
This game is going to be awesome! Is it March 3rd yet???

# 71 humaca80 @ 02/25/09 01:46 AM
agreed!!! The 2k demo makes me happy that I also own a PS3. I was kind of excited to play both games this year, but I dont think I will be getting 2k. Im not trying to piss anyone off, but it just doesnt feel like it is even 80% completed yet. There is no polish and the animations during play are downright awful. Hey knight, how about the on-base Icons? Oh my god, they look like Hangman characters. Everyone be glad the the boys over at SCEA are great at what they do and continuously release a polished game every single year. YOu guys rock!!!

# 72 racerx9 @ 02/25/09 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
agreed!!! The 2k demo makes me happy that I also own a PS3. I was kind of excited to play both games this year, but I dont think I will be getting 2k. Im not trying to piss anyone off, but it just doesnt feel like it is even 80% completed yet. There is no polish and the animations during play are downright awful. Hey knight, how about the on-base Icons? Oh my god, they look like Hangman characters. Everyone be glad the the boys over at SCEA are great at what they do and continuously release a polished game every single year. YOu guys rock!!!
I agree with you 100%! I just got my PS3 about 2 weeks ago and boy am I glad that I did! After playing the MLB 09 demo and then the 2K9 demo I was very disappointed with the graphics in 2K9! Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty good for this generation of games, but it just doesn't hold a candle to MLB 09!

# 73 Blzer @ 02/25/09 08:03 AM
Hmm... good "directing and editing," but I'm trying to find out the greatness in the substance of the video itself. You haven't seen a sac fly in the demo yet?

If there was one thing where I went "Nice!" it was this one shot of the fans in the background while Granderson was going home, as if they were already optimistic to call, "SAFE!" It was kind of cool.

Though at the same time there's nothing to nitpick about in the video. If anything were needed to improve, I guess it would be Ichiro's (well, any outfielder's) throw home... needs more of that "oomph" as the body gets into it and the leg pushes off. Livin' on a prayer for next year!

# 74 Blzer @ 02/25/09 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
And when they add more oomph, you'll say it needs more humph, and when they add that, it'll be waagh. You know, I have the same problem. I graduated from theatre school many years ago, and now I can't sit through a play without dissecting it to pieces.
I didn't even have to go frame-by-frame for this one, the slow-motion capture was enough for anyone to see it.

Again, there's nothing we haven't seen here except for the way that it was beautifully captured in the slo-mo cinematic sequence.

# 75 callmetaternuts @ 02/25/09 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just got word, we'll be getting a gameplay clip tomorrow.
Iron Man comes through again!

# 76 jmik58 @ 02/25/09 09:05 AM
The icing on the cake would have been if Granderson would have blinked somewhere in the slow-mo anticipation close up of is face and all it's molecular madness. Everyone wants gameplay videos but these are fun to plug in as well. There's always someone from Utopiaville that has to complain. Great video, that was fun to watch...and the soundtrack was sweet.

# 77 ckarlic @ 02/25/09 09:11 AM
Awesome video Steve. Thanks. I loved how Granderson tracked the ball with his eyes and head. Simply amazing!!

# 78 Blzer @ 02/25/09 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
The icing on the cake would have been if Granderson would have blinked somewhere in the slow-mo anticipation close up of is face and all it's molecular madness. Everyone wants gameplay videos but these are fun to plug in as well. There's always someone from Utopiaville that has to complain. Great video, that was fun to watch...and the soundtrack was sweet.
If you're talking about me, I'm not complaining. I was just wondering if there was something else going on in this orgy that I wasn't aware of. I mean maybe it's the awesomeness of the teaser trailer, but a sac fly (plus collision) is something we've seen for the past ten years in baseball video games... it just sounded like this was some new thing when it wasn't, that's all I was saying.

For the record, I would love to see this as a commercial for the game. I don't know who wouldn't want to buy it after being teased like this. The faces are epic! Just nail the player models and the momentum on the throw and you're set for life!

But yeah, a gameplay video will be awesome. I'm really waiting to see my Giants getting some more love! (or at least anything from the west coast)

# 79 Blzer @ 02/25/09 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
So the new animations, shown in detail -- Granderson watching the fly ball, tagging up and then taking off -- wasn't worthwhile?
baa, I think we're confusing two different things here. I've already watched the video maybe several times (thus making it "worthwhile" IMO). Everything about it is remarkable (especially the way the music builds everything up). I'm just saying that I wouldn't go into the demo impressions thread and say, "Goodness, I just witnessed a sacrifice fly attempt unfold in front of my eyes... the runner rammed the catcher and everything!" I think the combination of the scenario plus the Best Picture Oscar nomination, though, leads to a wonderful video (and like I said, an even better promo). It just feels like people are marveling over things that have been in games for a long time is all.

# 80 PsychoBulk @ 02/25/09 09:53 AM
Stunning production and drama as usual in these little "theatricals" from SCEA.
Loved it, bring on next week.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.