Home
News Post

IGN has posted a video from MLB 09 The Show, which features the Cardinals @ Cubs.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 brunnoce @ 02/25/09 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Geeze, did you guys watch the AI and Close Plays trailers? AWESOME.
oh yeh, those are old, but still AMAZING!

# 22 nemesis04 @ 02/25/09 07:46 PM
If you liked the vid good! But that video did not give the game justice at all, imo.

# 23 Motown @ 02/25/09 07:48 PM
I SWTG man, yall like Sharks in the water

# 24 Tatz666 @ 02/25/09 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If you liked the vid good! But that video did not give the game justice at all, imo.

Well seing as you have played a near final version of the game, your opinion def carries some weight, so that quote is just about the sweetest news we can hear

# 25 green94 @ 02/25/09 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
Shadows were static throughout the entire 1st inning. Not a complaint, just an observation based on a thread posted a while back. Game play looks awesome though - very much looking forward to picking this up.
Yep, I noticed that as well. I'm really hoping they move on an inning by inning basis.

Everything looked great, the detail this year is amazing.

# 26 nemesis04 @ 02/25/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
And why is that nem
It skipped all the good parts!

# 27 theaub @ 02/25/09 07:59 PM
That scoreboard in CF looks damn real. Nice.

# 28 nemesis04 @ 02/25/09 08:09 PM
Quote:
Haha.
I meant "It" not "I", lol.

In all seriousness the game is very immersive and what was shown was basic in nature but very nice to look at. They need to show some fielding action in the outfield and some examples of the new tagging system showing how the players set up to make tags so they do not slide through one another. Tuesday will be here soon!

# 29 Tommyklaid @ 02/25/09 08:10 PM
Yep...looks like I'm gonna have to edit Soriano's stance to Andrew Jones' again

...Theriot & Lee look really good this year, but Soriano?!?!?!...c'mon SCEA (he was one of the most talked about WRONG stances on this forum!!!)...how could they let that go AGAIN>? I'm puzzled!

# 30 dmbfan1970 @ 02/25/09 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid

...Theriot & Lee look really good this year, but Soriano?!?!?!...c'mon SCEA (he was one of the most talked about WRONG stances on this forum!!!)...how could they let that go AGAIN>? I'm puzzled!
seriously? i'll never understand why people get so hung up on the stances. its close enough. play the game instead of watching the players.

# 31 HokieB @ 02/25/09 08:23 PM
Okay, so the Cardinals still wear blue hats/batting helmets on the road. The other game has them wearing red hats on the road, so I didn't know if they switched this year. That would annoy the crap out of me.

Solid gameplay as always

# 32 Rob_NYY @ 02/25/09 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
seriously? i'll never understand why people get so hung up on the stances. its close enough. play the game instead of watching the players.
It isn't close at all, Soriano's stance in the game is really bad. But with the dozens and dozens and dozens of other improvements to the stances and motions, I feel it's silly to pick out one and go ape **** like cc23klaid did. You couldn't possibly expect them to correct every single stance and motion!

# 33 Jamin23 @ 02/25/09 08:25 PM
OMG!! that looks beautiful! I wish I had a ps3 to play this great game Does anyone want to spare me a PS3? and are they chanting mvp? I think im about to cry!

# 34 ShowTyme15 @ 02/25/09 08:30 PM
One thing i loved was seeing the people in the crowd get up from their seats and move across the isle they were sitting in and then walking up and down the stairs that was great.

# 35 ShowTyme15 @ 02/25/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
good stuff, this should be great only thing I can see maybe wrong with this was a few of those pitches looked like strikes to me but were called balls, but really I couldnt tell without any zone feedback.

This should be great, its crazy how much those helmets enhance the graphics lol
Well this game does have "variable" umpiring!

# 36 Russell_SCEA @ 02/25/09 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid

Clements has Soriano's stance but due to time constraints he didn't have the opportunity to change it. If he had one more day it would have made it in the game.

# 37 Shakedowncapo @ 02/25/09 08:46 PM
Thats what patches are for? Well they did it last year so thats why I say that.

# 38 brunnoce @ 02/25/09 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Clements has Soriano's stance but due to time constraints he didn't have the opportunity to change it. If he had one more day it would have made it in the game.
thats great to hear, anychance that might be coming to us in an eventual pacth like last year(manny, howard stances)

# 39 "The Veal" @ 02/25/09 08:50 PM
Is it just me or do these graphics look 10x better than the demos. I'm playing the demo on a 62' HDTV and this crappy quality IGN video looks better. Man, i cannot wait another 6 days....at least Killzone will hold me off for a couple of those

# 40 Windu @ 02/25/09 08:55 PM
Anybody have a ign insider account? If you do, would you be a nice guy and download the HD version and put it up on Youtube?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.